PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
What type of defense them boys running, you got no one in gaps to the right side and a LB has to cover all of them?! :heh:

They had one of the better Defenses of the year, that was great blocking, especially our center, he shoved the nose then climbed to the mlb and sealed an alley, in theory Knowles defense is built for modern offense, it puts a lot of stress on the run, and you can’t usually bomb it up

This one really goes in depth, especially i believe it’s the star position, who’s a utility Lb that can plug the run, pass rush and drop into coverage

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
ESPN has a SWEET deal money wise with this ACC contract locked in for another decade plus for programming.

They 100% are not in favor of the conference breaking apart. Especially for some schools to goto the SEC (which they already have a contract with). Why negotiate against yourself? :mjlol:

If many of the existing ACC schools had potential Big 10 invites (from ESPN competitor Fox), then we are talking. But that's not happening so they are STUCK.

For every fsu, it’s the techs wakes and BC’s who ain’t getting that invite and at least they know they stable til 36

What's nut is they would actually make MORE than they are right now if they joined the ACC fully. ND next TV contract is gonna be key. If they do join the Big 10, that would easily make them the more premier football conference nationwide.

They are looking for 27-30 a year, but the way their rights are set up it’s only home games, and not sure if that effects the acc home games (idk) so you think nbc is paying for Tenn st bowling green etc… i don’t know what nd can command but the demand ain’t there like it used to be

I was thinking about that yesterday. Besides Fox and ESPN, who’s doling out big money for CFB? None of them are ready to go full streaming and I think Apple’s proposal to the PAC12 will be the model for future negotiations since everyone has been 86d and there’s no competition. By eliminating the comp, I feel they’ve kinda fukked themselves long term

No one, and allegedly the mouse might be looking to get out of bed with espn, so that might be why we seeing shyt go down the way the departed went down where everyone is catching a bullet, and covering the cost of these bloated league contracts, they Robbin Peter to pay Paul, cuz espn can’t just keep up with this and they don’t go streaming, but who’s going to pay 60 plus a month to watch games

Very true. When is the SEC contract w/ espn end? They’ll be looking to exceed what the big ten is getting.

Yes they will, but will it be there, and then who’s gon be on the outside looking in

I’m questioning that #3 ranking with them not even knowing who QB1 is…

ND might could steal that game in south bend.

The 5 stars and top 100 kids gives them cache, but they still gotta put the product out, I’d seriously laugh if finally after 2 decades osu catches a brick at qb and gets they ass beat for a season

Why are y’all still on this ND needs to join a conference stuff? The way the 12 team playoff is setup pretty much guarantees they won’t cause there’s no incentive for them to. The ACC deal just gave them a place to stash their non revenue & Olympic sports. Their new TV deal is expected to net them anywhere from $45 to $60MM. Joining any conference is hustling backwards for them

There was already pushback from nbc to nds number they were looking for, if you are nbc you can only get the home games, and a lot of them are duds, and with everyone’s conference getting bigger that eliminates some games soon enough so no marquee matches and maybe they survive another round of realignment but they polishing silverware on the titanic

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
For every fsu, it’s the techs wakes and BC’s who ain’t getting that invite and at least they know they stable til 36

They are looking for 27-30 a year, but the way their rights are set up it’s only home games, and not sure if that effects the acc home games (idk) so you think nbc is paying for Tenn st bowling green etc… i don’t know what nd can command but the demand ain’t there like it used to be

No one, and allegedly the mouse might be looking to get out of bed with espn, so that might be why we seeing shyt go down the way the departed went down where everyone is catching a bullet, and covering the cost of these bloated league contracts, they Robbin Peter to pay Paul, cuz espn can’t just keep up with this and they don’t go streaming, but who’s going to pay 60 plus a month to watch games

Yes they will, but will it be there, and then who’s gon be on the outside looking in

The 5 stars and top 100 kids gives them cache, but they still gotta put the product out, I’d seriously laugh if finally after 2 decades osu catches a brick at qb and gets they ass beat for a season

There was already pushback from nbc to nds number they were looking for, if you are nbc you can only get the home games, and a lot of them are duds, and with everyone’s conference getting bigger that eliminates some games soon enough so no marquee matches and maybe they survive another round of realignment but they polishing silverware on the titanic

Agree with most of this.

But I really think that once 2036 hits and the Final Expansion begins that the Big 10 will look to put a foothold in the South. We (GT) are an AAU school in the middle of the capital of the south (literally) in downtown Atlanta. Already had talks with the B10 before too :scheme:

I do think the remaining ACC schools who don't get an invite will stay on as the ACC though.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Breh its not gonna be that long, alot of this stuff is dog and pony theater, the networks are moving to mega conferences, ACC was passive and played cards wrong, when that money start hitting and their is 10s of millions difference, it will be over. In 3-4 years..

I think they stopped evaluating markets like that and see it doesnt work (see rutgers and Ny market), they are looking strictly at eyeballs and how much you draw during your games, teams that draw 4 mil + are teams that network heads are interested in. ACC sat and waited and let all teams get snatched up, you get no more value adding teams off the scrap heap unfortunately.

It was dead when they signed a 20 year deal and gambled wrong. There is no scenario where if you plan to compete on national stage where you can make up a 40 milli difference, EVERY year the gap would get larger. I think many are tryna hold on to old cfb paradigm while plays are happening right in front of them, there was thread couple weeks ago, where I said Pac is done and brehs were still tryna add teams to pac to get a tubi tv deal :mjlol:, many seem to not want to accept the inevitable.

FSU don't have the money to leave is the point. And blowing up the conference is the only other way out to avoid paying money to leave; to get the conference to blowup they need 8 teams (with all of them having pending invites to the SEC and Big 10 where it makes sense to leave) to kill the current ESPN deal.

They don't have the votes to do it and they don't have the money to exit now.

It's purely financial why they ain't going nowhere and they don't have enough with their wannabe Coup to make it happen. Talking big shyt and don't got no money to do nuffin. :laff:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
“Cornelius Johnson! :krs:

“Donovan Edwards! :krs:

Bet you wake up in cold sweats hearing gus say them names :wow:
The … DON!!!!! :heh:
@smitty22 When he hears Gus calling a Michigan game

nightmare-bed-time.gif
Damn they went at @smitty22 pencilneck this morning. :mjgrin:
@Rigby. wtf happened w/ Bidunga?

KU’s NIL that strong? Is h from an Adidas AAU team or something?

Still a better choice than scUM, but KU always seems to do less with more.
Adidas.

Period.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
So now all of a sudden Alabama, Ohio State, UGA’s QBs stink?

Yeah I think a lot of this is coach speak lol
You would think bama and osu would have a issue sooner or later, its HARD to hit on qbs in general but when you get pick of litter can get spoiled..

Smart hit on a qb who they didnt even want, lol.. :russ:

Menna

All Star
Daps
Ghat Damn it

At some point ND is gon have to choose up, the acc deal gave them a life line with decent opponents at their disposal, staying in the acc not the move they think and that tv deal ain’t gon hit like that
ND will always be Grandfathered in they don't have to do anything but be competitive year in and year out and once every 12 years be top 3

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
You would think bama and osu would have a issue sooner or later, its HARD to hit on qbs in general but when you get pick of litter can get spoiled..

Smart hit on a qb who they didnt even want, lol.. :russ:

Yeah our fanbase is freaking out cause this is the first season since 2016 that we’ve went into the season with a serious question mark at QB.

Since 2018 we’ve been able to mask whatever deficiencies there was on the team because of elite QB play, hell sometimes I felt like some on the team felt like they could fukk up and be okay cause they knew Tua, Mac, or Bryce was gone bail them out. This year not the case though, everybody got to step up and help the QB out.