The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
@Rekkapryde well, well, well…look at what we got here. All that tough talking and tongue wrasslin. The ACC need to shoot out that Thanos meme, “You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you?Back to me.” They’ll try again next year while preventing the conference from adding more teams which, would help them gtfo. But what do we know :manny:

They ain't going nowhere...

kantine-broke.gif

:umad: :bryan::pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
@Rekkapryde well, well, well…look at what we got here. All that tough talking and tongue wrasslin. The ACC need to shoot out that Thanos meme, “You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you?Back to me.” They’ll try again next year while preventing the conference from adding more teams which, would help them gtfo. But what do we know :manny:

As a Florida State fan, where would you prefer they go? B1G? SEC? Big 12?

Culturally more of an SEC fit obviously, idk how that voting works but id imagine UF would do everything in their power to blockage (A&M couldn’t stop UT tho)

I want FSU & Clemson, Miami or UNC in the big ten. Florida is too big of a State to not have a presence if a major school like FSU is an option. B1G would help get fsu the AAU status too.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Funny, we don't know how the TV landscape will look in a decade. Revenue might have peaked.

ESPN has a SWEET deal money wise with this ACC contract locked in for another decade plus for programming.

They 100% are not in favor of the conference breaking apart. Especially for some schools to goto the SEC (which they already have a contract with). Why negotiate against yourself? :mjlol:

If many of the existing ACC schools had potential Big 10 invites (from ESPN competitor Fox), then we are talking. But that's not happening so they are STUCK.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
As a Florida State fan, where would you prefer they go? B1G? SEC? Big 12?

Culturally more of an SEC fit obviously, idk how that voting works but id imagine UF would do everything in their power to blockage (A&M couldn’t stop UT tho)

I want FSU & Clemson, Miami or UNC in the big ten. Florida is too big of a State to not have a presence if a major school like FSU is an option. B1G would help get fsu the AAU status too.
1) not a fan
2) idk the priorities of the new school president but the previous was big on academics and was hellbent on making it a T10/20 ranked public school which he did. What burns them is having USF selected over them for AAU membership which is a big deal for B10 schools. They may drop it to add them considering Nebraska lost its AAU status not long after joining the B10.
3) As far as schools that the B10 should grab, if it were me, FSU, UNC, maybe Clemson and Ga Tech

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ghat Damn it

At some point ND is gon have to choose up, the acc deal gave them a life line with decent opponents at their disposal, staying in the acc not the move they think and that tv deal ain’t gon hit like that

What's nut is they would actually make MORE than they are right now if they joined the ACC fully. ND next TV contract is gonna be key. If they do join the Big 10, that would easily make them the more premier football conference nationwide.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Funny, we don't know how the TV landscape will look in a decade. Revenue might have peaked.
I was thinking about that yesterday. Besides Fox and ESPN, who’s doling out big money for CFB? None of them are ready to go full streaming and I think Apple’s proposal to the PAC12 will be the model for future negotiations since everyone has been 86d and there’s no competition. By eliminating the comp, I feel they’ve kinda fukked themselves long term

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
At some point ND is gon have to choose up, the acc deal gave them a life line with decent opponents at their disposal, staying in the acc not the move they think and that tv deal ain’t gon hit like that
Why are y’all still on this ND needs to join a conference stuff? The way the 12 team playoff is setup pretty much guarantees they won’t cause there’s no incentive for them to. The ACC deal just gave them a place to stash their non revenue & Olympic sports. Their new TV deal is expected to net them anywhere from $45 to $60MM. Joining any conference is hustling backwards for them