The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Chi
What you bringing up money for? Keep it football.

Oregon could play for free in any conference and get bankrolled my dude. Just keep it football

Just stop telling me I need to be scared of teams that have done nothing in the Big 10. If Mich and Ohio St aint scared of them..why should we or USC and Wash be scared. I cant speak for UCLA..but Imma include them because of Chip and Dante

No one said to be scared or even used those words. I’m not even trying to hype of the conference on some rah rah shyt.

Mich and OSU aren’t scared as no team should be. But they’re *aware* of the pitfalls, and both have been caught slipping. Mich best team in 20 years almost lost to illinois and was a questionable call away from doing so. Also OSU & UM obviously know the conference a lot better being here for the last 100 years, so they know that a night game in iowa or Madison can be a dog fight. Or a noon game on the road at northwestern or Illinois or Minn can be hard to get up for and you play flat.

And I’m def saying minn and Illinois and mid-tier B1G core is as good or better than Oregon State and Wazoo and cal and Stanford (now, not 10 years ago).

What timeline do you put for Oregon to with their first Big Ten title? First 5 years? Within the first 10?

Y’all have dominated the pac the last 15ish years but there’s no Death Star in the pac since the mid 2000s. USC has had their struggles and is just not getting back to bidness.

Not trying to hate either, I’ll be rooting for y’all against just about every Core big ten team. You think I’m the type to root for Michigan or OSU to beat y’all just to say “oooo I told you the big ten was fierce?!” Hell nah. I’d rather y’all beat iowa or uw bc I have beef w/ them over games from over the years. I have no issue w/ Oregon

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
If the B1G was whack y’all & UW wouldn’t be taking less money than every other member til 2030 to be in it…

I’m not saying Oregon will be trash. Y’all have been an elite program for some time now. Also not saying a night game at iowa is something to be “afraid of” but thinking you’ll roll in and out of there with an easy win is wishful thinking.

PSU fans and Nebraska fans absolutely thought they’d run the conference. The other big ten fans in here will remember the message boards back when ne tasks joined they thought they’d win the conference within 2-3 years, and it’s still never happened. They had the same thoughts that the B1G was some plodding conference and coming from the BXII with more dynamic offenses and big bad OU/UT, they’d win easily. They play no defense in the big 12 and tbh the Pac 8/10/12 was never known for defense either.

Again, I’m not saying y’all going to come in and be a 6 win team forever but don’t be thinking road games across the country are a cake walk, especially sandwiched in between rivalry games or major match ups.

Just curious what timeline you give Oregon to win the conference?
100% my point

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
No one said to be scared or even used those words. I’m not even trying to hype of the conference on some rah rah shyt.

Mich and OSU aren’t scared as no team should be. But they’re *aware* of the pitfalls, and both have been caught slipping. Mich best team in 20 years almost lost to illinois and was a questionable call away from doing so. Also OSU & UM obviously know the conference a lot better being here for the last 100 years, so they know that a night game in iowa or Madison can be a dog fight. Or a noon game on the road at northwestern or Illinois or Minn can be hard to get up for and you play flat.

And I’m def saying minn and Illinois and mid-tier B1G core is as good or better than Oregon State and Wazoo and cal and Stanford (now, not 10 years ago).

What timeline do you put for Oregon to with their first Big Ten title? First 5 years? Within the first 10?

Y’all have dominated the pac the last 15ish years but there’s no Death Star in the pac since the mid 2000s. USC has had their struggles and is just not getting back to bidness.

Bro its pitfalls in every conference for every team.

Pac has 3 QBs in top 4 Heisman race and DJ just came to a Oregon St squad.

And you warning me about pitfalls and better beware? Breh, enjoy your sunday. Im not gonna entertain this no more

Daps
Reppin
Chi

And you warning me about pitfalls and better beware? Breh, enjoy your sunday. Im not gonna entertain this no more

Aight so, Oregon will be big ten champs by 20XX?!

Not trying to talk shyt either breh. With this new alignment I’ll be lucky if MSU wins the big ten 2-3 more times the rest of my life lol. I still value conference titles over not, UNLESS with this new playoff format you don’t win The conf but make a deep run.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

the only game like that which compares to the stuff i'm talking about is @ pullman, very valid, and the random game UCLA goes hard under the lights. My point is that people laugh at those programs like you just did but every year they knock someone who has playoff dreams off. Illinois almost did just last year vs a goat MI team

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
the only game like that which compares to the stuff i'm talking about is @ pullman, very valid, and the random game UCLA goes hard under the lights. My point is that people laugh at those programs like you just did but every year they knock someone who has playoff dreams off. Illinois almost did just last year vs a goat MI team

Nobody is overlooking them teams.. yall trying to make it seem like yall the only league that goes through this. If you a target, you gonna get everybodys best... we go through it. YALL do too.

I wasnt laughing at the teams, I was laughing at the notion Im supposed to be scared when nobody else is scared. And we gotta be scared of travel and the current Bigs dont.. yall gotta travel too.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Nobody is overlooking them teams.. yall trying to make it seem like yall the only league that goes through this. If you a target, you gonna get everybodys best... we go through it. YALL do too.

I wasnt laughing at the teams, I was laughing at the notion Im supposed to be scared when nobody else is scared. And we gotta be scared of travel and the current Bigs dont.. yall gotta travel too. Traveling to the east, we gain 2 -3 hours. Traveling to the West, yall lose 2-3.

The travel is legit a bytch and will cost games to the away team.

I’ve said it before but I don’t want My team going to @UW or @UCLA the week before a rivalry game.