PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I cant speak on those other team as I dont know them THAT well.. But what is said about Miami above would have been true for last 20 years but the infusion of money is there, believe me. Mario wasnt coming without the commitment period, he felt like he had a championship level recruits at Oregon and they were just hitting their stride. There are multiple billionaires who basically handpicked Mario, they werent gonna invest in anyone else. Mario had a list of demands and if everyone wasnt checked off, asst. coaching salary (which he was given one of highest in country and he botched it lol), 400 milli all new football facility (top of the line to compete with the best, but facilities are now less important in eyes of recruits because of NIL, lol), etc.

Some of the guys that I know for fact put it on the line billionaire status, Stu Miller (Ceo of lennar), Soffer family (they developed Aventura, not just the mall that they own, but the entire city, big time donors to the program and the indoor facility is named after them), Mas Brothers (everyone knows Beckham but these are the money guys who got inter miami soccer to Miami, Beckham was the soccer plug, these were the miami and money plugs, they not only miami alum but also Columbus high alum like Cristobal, I actually went to school with one of their family and been cool, didnt know it til yearsss later, crazy) and Mario has a billionaire by marriage in his family also. That doesnt include the columbus connection and how that all ties in.

Im not even the biggest Mario fan, I wanted Lane dammit lol. But no one would of gotten the level of investment Mario has gotten. If he fails it wont be for lack of money. The amount of money pour into not just coaching, infrastructure, facilities, NIL, etc. Has never been seen. I mentioned it on here, I got fam on team who was all american and they upped the bag that he already had. Maybe in another post I'll talk about the neglect from the last decade and half caused this. Also the AD at clemson was also a Cane Alum, thats why he came home also. I dont think he is the best but from what we had before, lol..

That facility they putting up, got pushed thru Coral Gables building and zoning soo fast, I dont think people understand how much of an impossibility that is in Gables, you cant even own trucks in the neighborhood lol..

Then let me walk back the opening statement

I know the one guy who was flooding y’all with cash took a hit to the crypto money

I understand that in order for Mario to come he needed assurances, and they are “committed”

It still boils down to Mario getting tf out the way and letting his coordinators coordinate, and stop trying to stifle his qbs, Justin Herbert could have been so much more if Mario let him cook, that vandyke guy took a step back, maybe gattis wasn’t a good fit, but he was a decent oc that also got throttled down by Jim from time to time, i figured with Mario maybe he’d ease up a lot given some of his pit falls at Oregon

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
A9684-D97-0-FDD-4-ED3-8-D52-574-B55-B2-F560.jpg

Every year

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Then let me walk back the opening statement

I know the one guy who was flooding y’all with cash took a hit to the crypto money

I understand that in order for Mario to come he needed assurances, and they are “committed”

It still boils down to Mario getting tf out the way and letting his coordinators coordinate, and stop trying to stifle his qbs, Justin Herbert could have been so much more if Mario let him cook, that vandyke guy took a step back, maybe gattis wasn’t a good fit, but he was a decent oc that also got throttled down by Jim from time to time, i figured with Mario maybe he’d ease up a lot given some of his pit falls at Oregon
Yea I am a big believer in perception is reality so Mario has a hill to climb in that regard. When you say let Justin cook the two years Mario was HC, he had 29TDs and 32 TDs with 3,400+ yards passing while winning 12 games and rose bowl. This is after UO had fell off something crazy prior. But again, Perception is reality so I get it, thats why I wanted a guy like Kiffin. Atleast you know you will have an explosive offense and can recruit the top position with ease.

I wanted Gattis to succeed, him being a brother and him winning the Broyles award was hoping he had more to offer but dude was trash. No other way to put it. Now I will say that entire miami roster needed to be turned over, ALOT of dead weight on there but that was atleast top 2 worst offense I have seen in all my years of going to games. Offense shouldnt be THAT hard in the college game.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Yea I am a big believer in perception is reality so Mario has a hill to climb in that regard. When you say let Justin cook the two years Mario was HC, he had 29TDs and 32 TDs with 3,400+ yards passing while winning 12 games and rose bowl. This is after UO had fell off something crazy prior. But again, Perception is reality so I get it, thats why I wanted a guy like Kiffin. Atleast you know you will have an explosive offense and can recruit the top position with ease.

I wanted Gattis to succeed, him being a brother and him winning the Broyles award was hoping he had more to offer but dude was trash. No other way to put it. Now I will say that entire miami roster needed to be turned over, ALOT of dead weight on there but that was atleast top 2 worst offense I have seen in all my years of going to games. Offense shouldnt be THAT hard in the college game.

Michigan/Oregon fan, so the Mario experience was getting better on both los, getting better quality players, establishing a run game, and watching Justin get throttled down, compared to how loose he is in San Diego, all stats aside, maybe I’m remembering him differently, perhaps @Brady-Carter or @L. Deezy can chime in on the Mario/Herbert experience

I wanted gattis to work in Michigan but i think he’s ok, but i also know Jim wasn’t a fan of all his steez in the actual games, i think we also didn’t have great qbs to fully open up our wrs abilities on top of wr play was lacking (nico and DPJ) should have been 1st round picks given their talent

It’s all there for Mario, but will he trust the staff

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Michigan/Oregon fan, so the Mario experience was getting better on both los, getting better quality players, establishing a run game, and watching Justin get throttled down, compared to how loose he is in San Diego, all stats aside, maybe I’m remembering him differently, perhaps @Brady-Carter or @L. Deezy can chime in on the Mario/Herbert experience

I wanted gattis to work in Michigan but i think he’s ok, but i also know Jim wasn’t a fan of all his steez in the actual games, i think we also didn’t have great qbs to fully open up our wrs abilities on top of wr play was lacking (nico and DPJ) should have been 1st round picks given their talent

It’s all there for Mario, but will he trust the staff
Yea I wouldnt be surprised if he neutered Herbert some and that pistol offense, throwing bubble screens gets old quick.. So it might not have been pleasant to watch either, but thats not his strength, his strentgh is being a relentless recruiter and bringing in loads of talent. He did that at Oregon. He leaves alot to be desired in regards to gameday coaching/time management but he did improve UO while he was there overall.

I agree I hope he stays out of the way of the OC and let him cook. He is a great recruiter but you need a product on field to sell at some point. 5-7 aint gonna get it done.. He dropped the bar soo low that even an 8 win season will be seen as improvement (kinda like Texas).. Stack soo much talent and then see what happens..

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps

idk how it was before to compare it to anything else, but the production value and feel for a SEC on CBS game build up >>

ESPN's shyts are so soulless in comparison :snoop:

When the spread still had coaches and players in a torture rack.. You could trot out a DB at qb and make it to championship game :blessed: