The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I wont even say he’s trash….Just feels like he mentally tapped out there years ago and needs to go.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Bruh you ain’t wrong.

What’s crazy is that flag changed the trajectory of several CFB programs:

Miami was never the same after that. Their dynasty was done

OSU as a program went to become a national brand after that (yes they’re a blue blood, but hadn’t won a title in decades, recruited much more locally up to that point). @DropTopDoc will say OSU recruited more nationally once urban got there, and he’s correct, but Tres was still pulling kids from Texas, FL etc. plus he secured a wall around Ohio where traditionally UM was able to pull top talent (Woodson, Howard)

Although scUM beat them the following year, they went on to struggle mightily against OSU, losing their top dog in the Midwest/B1G status they had in the 90s. If that flag isn’t thrown, OSU isn’t recruiting as well and maybe Michigan beats them more consistently…

OSU might be more Oklahoma status today, rather than a top 3 program, had that flag not been thrown

Actually I’ll say the sweater vest was ahead of the curve

He brought national recruiting
Put a wall around Ohio
The spread/more modern offense
He was the foundation for urban

That penalty gave them the momentum to be who they are, honestly his legacy is cemented with that win and those Midwest kids get the kool aid osu is competing nationally, they dropping checks, they take on the Pete carrol mantra any time or place, so they can get in more living rooms

Urban understood to take the next step, more money, and more recruiting in Fla, Texas, and Cali to change the landscape of the roster to get your Percy Harvin and spikes etc these one of one kids, because realistically the top 1% all have great coaches it’s those 1:1 players that you can set and forget the super maga bros, young, lattimore, ward etc these were guys who you coached up, but all you had to do was turn them loose and worry about the other stuff.

Also someone needs to be recognized for the run of qbs through 3 regimes, these mf’ers have not whiffed yet, that shyt is a phenomenon, closest I’ve seen is Oklahoma. All of them were at the least college competent and not a liability

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Coach Kalen DeBoer is a hell of a coach, him and his right hand man OC Grubb had that offense humming immediately. Was good to see Penix shine also, dude had some major injuries. Think he quietly led nation in passing..
they're making the playoffs

Saturday
Sep. 2
Boise State Broncos Football Schedule Boise State BroncosHusky Stadium, Seattle, WA3:30pm ETABCWin
Saturday
Sep. 9
Tulsa Football Schedule Tulsa Golden HurricaneHusky Stadium, Seattle, WA5:00pm ETP12NWin
Saturday
Sep. 16
Michigan State Football Schedule at Michigan State SpartansSpartan Stadium, East Lansing, MI5:00pm ETPeacocklmao
Saturday
Sep. 23
California Football Schedule California Golden BearsHusky Stadium, Seattle, WATime TBA ETTV TBAWin
Saturday
Sep. 30
Arizona Wildcats Football Schedule at Arizona WildcatsArizona Stadium, Tucson, AZTime TBA ETTV TBAWin
Saturday
Oct. 7
OFF
Saturday
Oct. 14
Oregon Ducks Football Schedule 15 Oregon DucksHusky Stadium, Seattle, WATime TBA ETTV TBAToss up
Saturday
Oct. 21
Arizona State Sun Devils Football Schedule Arizona State Sun DevilsHusky Stadium, Seattle, WATime TBA ETTV TBAWin
Saturday
Oct. 28
Stanford Cardinal Football Schedule at Stanford CardinalStanford Stadium, Stanford, CATime TBA ETTV TBAWin
Saturday
Nov. 4
USC Football Schedule at 4 USC TrojansLA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CATime TBA ETTV TBAToss up
Pac 12 ref home
cooking
will fukk USC this year
Saturday
Nov. 11
Utah Utes Football Schedule 14 Utah UtesHusky Stadium, Seattle, WATime TBA ETTV TBAToss up
Saturday
Nov. 18
Oregon State Football Schedule at 17 Oregon State BeaversReser Stadium, Corvallis, ORTime TBA ETTV TBAWin
Saturday
Nov. 25
Washington State Cougars Football Schedule Washington State CougarsHusky Stadium, Seattle, WATime TBA ETTV TBAWin
Friday
Dec. 1
Pac-12 Football Schedule
Pac-12 ChampionshipAllegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV
I have them 11-1, with a loss either at USC or Utah at home. They very well could win both. And I think they will.

Michigan
Washington
Texas
LSU [favorable schedule other than @ bama]

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
He’s all they got? :dwillhuh:

He’s Fucckin Trash :wtf:

I wont even say he’s trash….Just feels like he mentally tapped out there years ago and needs to go.

I think he needs to re asses his approach and scheme like Jim did, but there’s only so many ways to slice a private, educational profound university that’s not fully committed to football, it’s not like they were known for winning the big, he’s kept them competitive

The two biggest successes that nw had, pat was entrenched in, he was on the team that went to the rose bowl and then coached the team that did, he got them to get new facilities on the lake ( it’s gorgeous btw) it’s a good education, they are getting a new stadium, but what’s his angle ? It’s only so many kids that run a 4.3 and have a 4.3 gpa (I’m exaggerating but you catch my drift)

if you are a kid in the Midwest that may not be 5 but mid to low 4 star to 3 star but got buzz maybe you go there, or maybe you go to ND better prestige with your degree, and on field product, it’s hard finding guys that can get in and thrive and be good at football

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I think he needs to re asses his approach and scheme like Jim did, but there’s only so many ways to slice a private, educational profound university that’s not fully committed to football, it’s not like they were known for winning the big, he’s kept them competitive

The two biggest successes that nw had, pat was entrenched in, he was on the team that went to the rose bowl and then coached the team that did, he got them to get new facilities on the lake ( it’s gorgeous btw) it’s a good education, they are getting a new stadium, but what’s his angle ? It’s only so many kids that run a 4.3 and have a 4.3 gpa (I’m exaggerating but you catch my drift)

if you are a kid in the Midwest that may not be 5 but mid to low 4 star to 3 star but got buzz maybe you go there, or maybe you go to ND better prestige with your degree, and on field product, it’s hard finding guys that can get in and thrive and be good at football
I feel you but there’s NO REASON a P5 school should be going 1-11. His time is just up.

Just like Shaw and Stanford. He tried to make a bunch of changes but when its over its just over.