PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Putting stock on recruiting ranking is so corny when you go back and revisit those classes years later, 60-80% of the class don’t even pan out. Every once in a while you’ll get that class that has some studs in it but for the most part ranking high school kids who haven’t developed is a total crap shoot

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
you're taking the scenic route to say the exact same thing lol.
michigan isnt promising NIL for year 1 but year 2 and on they definitely have plans they present to recruits.
has nothing to do with being clean or morality....thats some weird talking point you imagined.
The post I initially responded to said Michigan wasn't participating in NIL games prior to a recruit making it to campus. I know that to be false(which y'all are basically agreeing with me at this point), just like this claim that your players can't receive NIL until their second year in the program. :russ: Y'all funny believing in this "Michigan way"

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
The post I initially responded to said Michigan wasn't participating in NIL games prior to a recruit making it to campus. I know that to be false(which y'all are basically agreeing with me at this point), just like this claim that your players can't receive NIL until their second year in the program. :russ: Y'all funny believing in this "Michigan way"

You don't have to believe it. It'll be the truth regardless of whether "Numpsay" the coli poster agrees :russ:

Has nothing to do with being "clean" or "moral" which is some weird narrative you have out of insecurity but simply allocating resources for proven production :umad:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You don't have to believe it. It'll be the truth regardless of whether "Numpsay" the coli poster agrees :russ:

Has nothing to do with being "clean" or "moral" which is some weird narrative you have out of insecurity but simply allocating resources for proven production :umad:
Except resources for proven production is not legal under NIL. Its a rule. So we should believe someone that is purporting something that isn't even allowed? Y'all breaking rules again? Let me call the Big10/NCAA :mjlol:

I swear I be feeling like I need to give an NIL course in this thread.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
It seems you may have a misunderstanding, like with most of this thread, with how NIL works. NIL isn't a bag dropped off to a recruit. It's more of a promise/deal made to a recruit that you'll roughly make this amount of money through these partnerships if you fulfill the requirements etc. Michigan is making these promises just like other schools are, the only difference is other schools could be offering bigger NIL deals from jump. But if you want to play semantics the majority of schools are not participating in NIL in the way you describe it so it doesn't really separate Michigan from the rest, outside of a few desperate schools no one is really just out here dropping bags anymore. And you can completely miss me with that fukking Jim Harbaugh quote. I don't really have beef with you Michigan brehs but y'all can be delusional when it comes to the moral standing of your football program. But continue believing what you want if it helps you sleep better at night.
So this is where I'm at right now.

We were having a genuine conversation, and I actually think you and I agreed on pretty much everything.. with some wording differences.. but the bold part is where I'm even reluctant to reply.. but I'll take your reply being in good faith, so I'll respond.

If you don't think schools like Oregon, Texas, OSU and a good amount others, aren't just 'droppin bags' .. then I'm not really sure what else to say. (And again.. i got NO beef with schools that do this.. and I WISH Michigan would get more involved with it) I know for a fact that kids are gettin money up front. And that's not even MAJOR players neither. I'm just talkin bout low to mid 4 stars that are local to me. I can only imagine the high 4 and 5 stars. And I understand that 's not what the concept of 'NIL' is supposed to be. It's basically pay for play.. which is illegal in the NCAA .. buut the shyts been goin on for years. Why would schools stop now? Especially when the NCAA is weak as hell and they never enforce anything? (Unless you buy a kid a cheeseburger on a recruiting trip.. then all hell breaks loose)

You say I can 'miss you' for the Harbaugh quote.. but that's the only, and the MAIN person that's fighting fir these kids to get paid. So you might hate the man, you might think he's weird as fukk. It doesn't matter.. because the fact speaks for themselves. This man is goin against the NCAA on his own, tryna to get these little jits paid.
you're taking the scenic route to say the exact same thing lol.
michigan isnt promising NIL for year 1 but year 2 and on they definitely have plans they present to recruits.
has nothing to do with being clean or morality....thats some weird talking point you imagined.
From what I understand.. they don't even have to wait until year 2. They've got obligations to fulfill if they wanna make NIL money.. whether its signings, or appearances, or commercials etc. We just don't hand dudes money just for enrolling. :manny: And if @Numpsay refuses to believe that, then that's fine. Everybody has their own opinions. But I mean.. they've literally come out and laid it all out on how the NIL operates at the school.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Who told you this lie? :russ:

If Michigan says hey Jordan Brand or hey Brady Brand break bread on xyz then it can be done legally.
That isn't the same thing as saying. Hey recruit, if you produce we'll get Jordan/ Brady Brand to break bread with you. Or if you come into our program and show you are a true Michigan man, we'll get you some NIL deals. Both are illegal and these player camps wouldn't agree to possible future payments anyway. So how do you want to move the goalpost next?

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
That isn't the same thing as saying. Hey recruit, if you produce we'll get Jordan/ Brady Brand to break bread with you. Or if you come into our program and show you are a true Michigan man, we'll get you some NIL deals. Both are illegal and these player camps wouldn't agree to possible future payments anyway. So how do you want to move the goalpost next?

No goalpost was moved. Your insecurity was showing the moment you commented on it and yes teams do detail their vast networks for possible endorsements to recruits. They may not give a specific amount to the recruits but say "hey JJ McCarthy made 2 million from endorsements this year and Blake Corum made 1.2." End result is all the same.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
So this is where I'm at right now.

We were having a genuine conversation, and I actually think you and I agreed on pretty much everything.. with some wording differences.. but the bold part is where I'm even reluctant to reply.. but I'll take your reply being in good faith, so I'll respond.

If you don't think schools like Oregon, Texas, OSU and a good amount others, aren't just 'droppin bags' .. then I'm not really sure what else to say. (And again.. i got NO beef with schools that do this.. and I WISH Michigan would get more involved with it) I know for a fact that kids are gettin money up front. And that's not even MAJOR players neither. I'm just talkin bout low to mid 4 stars that are local to me. I can only imagine the high 4 and 5 stars. And I understand that 's not what the concept of 'NIL' is supposed to be. It's basically pay for play.. which is illegal in the NCAA .. buut the shyts been goin on for years. Why would schools stop now? Especially when the NCAA is weak as hell and they never enforce anything? (Unless you buy a kid a cheeseburger on a recruiting trip.. then all hell breaks loose)

You say I can 'miss you' for the Harbaugh quote.. but that's the only, and the MAIN person that's fighting fir these kids to get paid. So you might hate the man, you might think he's weird as fukk. It doesn't matter.. because the fact speaks for themselves. This man is goin against the NCAA on his own, tryna to get these little jits paid.

From what I understand.. they don't even have to wait until year 2. They're got obligations to fulfill if they wanna make NIL money.. whether its signings, or appearances, or commercials etc. We just don't hand dudes money just for enrolling. :manny: And if @Numpsay refuses to believe that, then that's fine. Everybody has their own opinions. But I mean.. they've literally come out and laid it all out on how the NIL operates at the school.
You are late to the party but NIL essentially killed the bag game. Why would these schools be offering short term money when they can offer more money long term. They have no reason to drop bags anymore. The bag game is largely a thing of the past, everything has evolved. I don't know much about TOSU but neither Oregon or Texas is dropping bags because they no longer have to. It's all NIL as it should be. Also the majority of schools are having a hard time keeping up with the NIL budget, where is the money going to come from to drop bags too? You're thinking is outdated.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Goal post moving? Who even said it was the school that was setting p the NIL deals in the first place? THAT is illegal. @Lucky_Lefty brought up this point a while ago and nothing's changed from what I know.

If Jordan brand or Brady's brand says something along the lines of 'wear my cleats.. or shoot this commercial.. (or whatever..) and we'll hit you up with NIL money.. that's completely legal.

I feel like all you're tryna do for some reason is hit us wit a

giphy.gif

when all we're tryna do is get to the bottom of this NIL shyt.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
You are late to the party but NIL essentially killed the bag game. Why would these schools be offering short term money when they can offer more money long term.
Because kids like the power of having options. If a kid can get 2M p front.. even tho the school offers 5M for the kids tenure at the school.. why wouldn't the kid take the short term offer, and either stay at the school, or dip out and get a (probable) bigger bag from the next school. Case in point, Walter Nolan.
They have no reason to drop bags anymore. The bag game is largely a thing of the past, everything has evolved.
You're just simply misinformed here.
I don't know much about TOSU but neither Oregon or Texas is dropping bags because they no longer have to. It's all NIL as it should be.
Wow.

1238584287_seinfeld_had_enough.gif

Also the majority of schools are having a hard time keeping up with the NIL budget, where is the money going to come from to drop bags too?
So you think the big players are gonna stop NIL, to level the playing field? :gucci: What's goin on in your head right now fam?
You're thinking is outdated.
OK then.