The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Our QB Jadyn Davis was a 5 star all year long till they dropped him to a 4. We have (19) 4 stars signed. I mean.. that’s a typical Michigan recruiting class these days. We don’t play the NIL game till kids enroll. So it is what it is.

Oh.. so your balls dropped again? Cause they were mighty tucked on signing day :sas2:
Roll Tide hoe

Finest southern belles in all the land
i4hd02-th.png

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Our QB Jadyn Davis was a 5 star all year long till they dropped him to a 4. We have (19) 4 stars signed. I mean.. that’s a typical Michigan recruiting class these days. We don’t play the NIL game till kids enroll. So it is what it is.

Oh.. so your balls dropped again? Cause they were mighty tucked on signing day :sas2:
:comeon:You can’t honestly believe that?

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohhh: :ohhh:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
:comeon:You can’t honestly believe that?
I mean…

@Numpsay there you have it :yeshrug: Michigan has funds for the kids that are already committed into the program. We just don’t pay kids to enroll. It’s one of the main reasons we more than likely won’t get Underwood. You got schools out here payin kids 5-10k just to visit their schools.. Michigan just don’t get down like that.

15th, 16th 90th ranked class.. we still gon beat that Buckeye ass.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
@Trust Me I have no idea who that tweet is quoting or why I should take their word as gospel. I know the majority of posters in here believe every word they see in a Tweet but I know better. But let's not exaggerate the point I was making to lend credence to yours. I didn't accuse Michigan of dropping major NIL bags to get recruits, but you are being very naive if you believe promises aren't being made. And it's seems really ridiculous to me that y'all would think Michigan is "above board" when it comes to NIL but plays in the mud otherwise. Like that is where they draw the line. Get real breh.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
@Trust Me I have no idea who that tweet is quoting or why I should take their word as gospel. I know the majority of posters in here believe every word they see in a Tweet but I know better. But let's not exaggerate the point I was making to lend credence to yours. I didn't accuse Michigan of dropping major NIL bags to get recruits, but you are being very naive if you believe promises aren't being made. And it's seems really ridiculous to me that y'all would think Michigan is "above board" when it comes to NIL but plays in the mud otherwise. Like that is where they draw the line. Get real breh.
It seems like you’ve got my position on this whole scenario mistaken.

All I provided was facts. Michigan does not drop bags for incoming freshman. They’ve made it crystal clear. Recruits have made it clear. The staff has made it clear.

“I don't know how much I really have an opinion on that,” Harbaugh said. “Right or wrong, our philosophy coming to the University of Michigan — it's still going to be a transformational experience rather than a transactional experience.”

That’s a direct quote on NIL from Jim Harbaugh.

But what I think you’re misunderstanding is that I (as a fan) wish they’d drop bags. I’m not one of these uppity UM fans that think they’re above that. I get wanting to keep camaraderie, and having a good bond between the fellas, but I’m sure a happy medium can be found.

As for promises.. yea. That’s pretty much what Michigan is living on. Guys like Corum and Edwards and JJ are eating TEAL good off of NIL, but nobody’s going hungry. They all get NIL. Harbaugh made that his mission and apparently it’s all good, because from starters to backups, everybody’s happy. Obviously some guys are just gonna eat more. That’s just the way of the world. :yeshrug:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
It seems like you’ve got my position on this whole scenario mistaken.

All I provided was facts. Michigan does not drop bags for incoming freshman. They’ve made it crystal clear. Recruits have made it clear. The staff has made it clear.

“I don't know how much I really have an opinion on that,” Harbaugh said. “Right or wrong, our philosophy coming to the University of Michigan — it's still going to be a transformational experience rather than a transactional experience.”

That’s a direct quote on NIL from Jim Harbaugh.

But what I think you’re misunderstanding is that I (as a fan) wish they’d drop bags. I’m not one of these uppity UM fans that think they’re above that. I get wanting to keep camaraderie, and having a good bond between the fellas, but I’m sure a happy medium can be found.

As for promises.. yea. That’s pretty much what Michigan is living on. Guys like Corum and Edwards and JJ are eating TEAL good off of NIL, but nobody’s going hungry. They all get NIL. Harbaugh made that his mission and apparently it’s all good, because from starters to backups, everybody’s happy. Obviously some guys are just gonna eat more. That’s just the way of the world. :yeshrug:
It seems you may have a misunderstanding, like with most of this thread, with how NIL works. NIL isn't a bag dropped off to a recruit. It's more of a promise/deal made to a recruit that you'll roughly make this amount of money through these partnerships if you fulfill the requirements etc. Michigan is making these promises just like other schools are, the only difference is other schools could be offering bigger NIL deals from jump. But if you want to play semantics the majority of schools are not participating in NIL in the way you describe it so it doesn't really separate Michigan from the rest, outside of a few desperate schools no one is really just out here dropping bags anymore. And you can completely miss me with that fukking Jim Harbaugh quote. I don't really have beef with you Michigan brehs but y'all can be delusional when it comes to the moral standing of your football program. But continue believing what you want if it helps you sleep better at night.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
It's more of a promise/deal made to a recruit that you'll roughly make this amount of money through these partnerships if you fulfill the requirements

you're taking the scenic route to say the exact same thing lol.
michigan isnt promising NIL for year 1 but year 2 and on they definitely have plans they present to recruits.
has nothing to do with being clean or morality....thats some weird talking point you imagined.