PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man just made the playoff and he already back on the grind of recruiting:wow: I just don't see Deion Sanders having this level of dedication

Deion might not be , but everybody else is.. Oregon and Michigan are doing in home visits in Idaho right now. Deion probably the exception

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Their defense looked elite but I know people like to ignore that part of the game. It also shouldn't be about what you think people want to watch, and that is the major gripe about all of this. FSU did what they were supposed to do to make the playoffs but instead got nixed, because it's not what people wanted to watch. That is inherently the corruptness about the decision in itself. They went undefeated, scheduled a tough OOC and won their conference. Injuries should not have superceded any of that.
Should’ve got in over Michigan. Michigan didn’t schedule a tough ooc

Daps
Reppin
Chi
The argument is FSU beating a top 14 team that averages 30 points a game with their third string QB is a bad thing that gets you thrown out of the playoffs is ridiculous.

Their second string guy is a 4 star who would’ve been healthy with a month to prepare. So even using the Louisville game as a barometer of what they might look like in January is ridiculous. Also, Alabama needed a miracle to beat an absolutely horrid Auburn team with your cast off Payton Thorne at QB that Louisville would obliterate.

You are setting a precedent that the actual games don’t matter. You’ll be singing a different tune when a 9-3 Michigan or USC or Ohio State team gets in the 12 team playoffs over a 11-1 MSU or Iowa or Wisconsin team.

I think fsu got fukked. Nothing me being mad or not mad about going to change anything.

And it'll be a long time before MSU is 11-1 so I'll cross that bridge when we get there....not many circumstances will have an 11-1 team in big ten or SEC not firmly in the top 12 but it could happen.

This wasn't a shyt on Michigan thang either. I think yall have the best & most complete team in the country all BS aside. Vegas agrees too.

Last edited:

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think fsu got fukked. Nothing me being mad or not mad about going to change anything.

And it'll be a long time before MSU is 11-1 so I'll cross that bridge when we get there....not many circumstances will have an 11-1 team in big ten or SEC not firmly in the top 12 but it could happen.

This wasn't a shyt on Michigan thang either. I think yall have the best & most complete team in the country all BS aside. Vegas agrees too.
I think the conference thing is an okey doke. No way are they leaving an undefeated Dabo team out of the playoffs, I don’t care if the starting QB, running back and wide receiver broke their legs. They aren’t leaving an undefeated Bobby Bowden FSU team out of the playoffs. It’s about brand. What sells tickets. Michigan vs Alabama in the Rose Bowl. No brainer.

93 til

Superstar
Daps
I think the conference thing is an okey doke. No way are they leaving an undefeated Dabo team out of the playoffs, I don’t care if the starting QB, running back and wide receiver broke their legs. They aren’t leaving an undefeated Bobby Bowden FSU team out of the playoffs. It’s about brand. What sells tickets. Michigan vs Alabama in the Rose Bowl. No brainer.

Irony is that in 93 a 1 loss FSU kept an undefeated West Virginia out of the natty and a 1 loss FSU kept an undefeated Miami squad out of the natty

Damn the ACC is Big East status :snoop:

Daps
Reppin
Chi

FSU is still a top 15ish brand in CFB. They're not what they were in the 90s but still a very solid program. Had their qb not been hurt they'd be there, or had they bashed UF 45-0 and Louisville 48-6 they'd very likely have been in.

Regardless, this is the last year we'll have to argue about a 13-0 P5 team being fukked. Next year will be about which 10-2 team gets in over 9-3, or which 5 or 6 seed deserved the bye.

It'll never appease everyone

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Two things can be true. FSU got fukked. But Bama also deserved to be in it. The things aren't mutually exclusive. It's just nothing could be truly be done about it & somebody was always gon be left crying, holding dat bag :manny:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Tackles of the year:

Gw4DZy.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The argument is FSU beating a top 14 team that averages 30 points a game with their third string QB is a bad thing that gets you thrown out of the playoffs is ridiculous.

Their second string guy is a 4 star who would’ve been healthy with a month to prepare. So even using the Louisville game as a barometer of what they might look like in January is ridiculous. Also, Alabama needed a miracle to beat an absolutely horrid Auburn team with your cast off Payton Thorne at QB that Louisville would obliterate.

You are setting a precedent that the actual games don’t matter. You’ll be singing a different tune when a 9-3 Michigan or USC or Ohio State team gets in the 12 team playoffs over a 11-1 MSU or Iowa or Wisconsin team.

With Michigan, OSU, Penn State, Oregon, Washington, USC all in the Big-10, how would MSU/Iowa/Wisconsin get to 11-1 without being highly ranked?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Only an SEC slurper could see Tennessee Tech, UMass, and Georgia Tech in your OOC and think you did something. Only three teams on that schedule are even ranked above #25 this year.

Michigan plays Texas, Ohio State, Washington, Oregon, and USC next year, and their 2nd-worst OOC is Fresno State

USC plays LSU, Michigan, Washington, Notre Dame, and Penn State, and their 2nd-worst OOC is LSU.

Now THOSE are some fukking schedules. :ohlawd:

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Never thought about it like this but it's true

I was tryna to explain this to multiple people this season, these coaches are psychopaths with the way they handle these kids and with the portal these kids aint goin :russ:I have seen coaches tell a player he gonna get x amount of snaps and things will go like this and that, then game time come around and lets say the competition is tighter than expected and the coach feels like he cant put the kid in.. These dudes will walk right by the kid after the game and not say shyt, to us as fans we understand, you cant throw a freshman in a 1-2 score game because one play and jobs on the line but these kids who never sat bench in their lives have trouble dealing with that (and if their family around them gassing em up, oh man)..

These coaches gonna have to get better at communicating and managing expectations, the days of saying once he signs on the dotted line the roles are reversed are over, you gonna have to really be on point but thats almost goes completely against the mental makeup of a coach and putting the team first and fukk your feelings.. Plus the same outrageous irrationality you need as a football player can really hurt you also coming from the player side..

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
They actually are mutually exclusive though. If FSU got fukked, then Alabama didn't deserve to be there. :heh:

Eh

This year there were about 7-8 teams total you could've argued about sliding into that 4th spot. No matter how upset you all want to be, it's not a playoff. Never has been. Not since then BCS and not since the CFB Playoff inception. It's an invitational (until next year) and therefore, it's subjective. Having a 4-team model with five Power 5 conferences means a Power 5 champ is excluded every year but ironically enough it never truly mattered....until now. And being that it is subjective, you can't just wax poetic about 0 losses vs 1 losses. That's clearly not how it's viewed through through the eyes of the committee. And looking at it purely through their lens and how they operate, yes, they both deserved it when you talk about the quality of wins, and unfortunately how FSU look when Trav went down.