PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
With Michigan, OSU, Penn State, Oregon, Washington, USC all in the Big-10, how would MSU/Iowa/Wisconsin get to 11-1 without being highly ranked?
They could be highly ranked but the committee has shown rankings don’t matter. It’s all how they “feel”. If they “feel” Michigan is the better team I.e. more profit, they could select Michigan into the playoffs over a Big Ten team with a better record.

Also the Big Ten schedule is hilariously unbalanced. For instance where as Michigan is playing every former pac12 team but UCLA, Ohio State and MSU only play Oregon.

Before they left FSU out I thought the 12 team playoff would fix most problems, after they left FSU off it’s just a ploy so that all the big name brands never get left out.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Eh

Whatever gives Michigan the hardest path to the playoff I’m for. I don’t care if it’s Georgia, Alabama, or the Minnesota Vikings. As long as these dudes don’t win I’m good. I will happily eschew all 60 years of precedent of an undefeated power 5 team having the chance to play for a National title and endorse all manner of NCAA scumbaggery if it means that Michigan does not end my program for the foreseeable future by winning a national title. I have no honor or shame just like my bytch ass p*ssy ass coach who tried to use subterfuge to harm their program only to get his ass beat again in front of 20 million people. Please God don’t let them win. Oh God please. No no no!!!!!!

You don’t say. :ohhh:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
oh-my-shocked.gif

Somebody make a phone call. Homie's a danger to himself at this point :why:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

If that makes u feel better lol. Check the files. Been consistent wit it before I even knew they would be playin' y'all. Game is the game. Everybody knew how this shyt was gonna shake but still wanna be in denial about it.

Clearly u agree the committee got it right then knowing it's a "harder" opponent as you so eloquently put it and just waxing poetic about the undefeated conference champion winner deserving it cuz they would've been easier. Like Dame say, don't run from the grind.

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I thought A&M had the bagmen to keep their players :jbhmm:
Honestly if I was them, I'd use this as a chance to reset perception. I think too many players just been looking at them as a spot to get a bag and nothing else. Maybe let some of these dudes go and try to establish a culture :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Two things can be true. FSU got fukked. But Bama also deserved to be in it. The things aren't mutually exclusive. It's just nothing could be truly be done about it & somebody was always gon be left crying, holding dat bag :manny:

I totally agree w/ you.

Bama absolutely deserved to be in.

You right someone always going to get the raw end of the deal. Look at the hoops tournament...68 teams get in and EVERY year there's someone who go hot at the but still came up sort or a mid major that lost in their conf title game and got left out in favor of the 6th place ACC team, etc.

And even when teams get in they're gonna bytch about seeding...just wai for some hypothetical where LSU beats Penn State in happy valley in sept, but loses to a tough Texas team and Bama and now has to play in happy value in Dec/january bc PSU had one loss

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Eh

This year there were about 7-8 teams total you could've argued about sliding into that 4th spot. No matter how upset you all want to be, it's not a playoff. Never has been. Not since then BCS and not since the CFB Playoff inception. It's an invitational (until next year) and therefore, it's subjective. Having a 4-team model with five Power 5 conferences means a Power 5 champ is excluded every year but ironically enough it never truly mattered....until now. And being that it is subjective, you can't just wax poetic about 0 losses vs 1 losses. That's clearly not how it's viewed through through the eyes of the committee. And looking at it purely through their lens and how they operate, yes, they both deserved it when you talk about the quality of wins, and unfortunately how FSU look when Trav went down.

"You could have argued" and "getting fukked" are not the same thing.

Someone could argue Ohio State. Someone could argue Georgia. But only Florida State got fukked. And everyone knows they got fukked explicitly to slide Alabama into that slot.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Clearly u agree the committee got it right then knowing it's a "harder" opponent

:mjlol:

The "perception" that it's a harder opponent is meaningless. If that's all that matters, then why are Washington and Texas in the playoff instead of Georgia? Did the committee get that wrong? Because the "perception" is that Georgia would be a tougher opponent than Texas or UW, so why didn't they put their money where their mouth is?

I mean fukk, wasn't Oregon supposed to be better than Washington? Wasn't Georgia supposed to be better than Alabama? Even if you asked them RIGHT NOW, wouldn't most college football heads still favor Georgia over Alabama in a rematch? So why not slot Georgia and Oregon in there?

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
oh-my-shocked.gif

Somebody make a phone call. Homie's a danger to himself at this point :why:
Like for real. The mental gymnastics and fukkery these Sparties and Bucknuts have to go through to justify an undefeated power 5 championship team being left out of the playoffs when they should just say what they mean. :mjlol: I guess when you got Mike Valenti and Ari Wasserman gassing you up you start saying ridiculous shyt.
If that makes u feel better lol. Check the files. Been consistent wit it before I even knew they would be playin' y'all. Game is the game. Everybody knew how this shyt was gonna shake but still wanna be in denial about it.

Clearly u agree the committee got it right then knowing it's a "harder" opponent as you so eloquently put it and just waxing poetic about the undefeated conference champion winner deserving it cuz they would've been easier. Like Dame say, don't run from the grind.
I don’t agree with anything. The only Bama games I watched this year was them was the beat down by Texas and them needing a Hail Mary to beat a horrible Auburn team that out up 300 yards rushing on them with Payton Thorne at QB going 5-13. My entire life going undefeated in the P5 meant you played for a national title at the end of the year. The only rare circumstances when you didn’t at least share a national title was when another team was also undefeated and ranked higher. Just admit what this really about. You think them 5 stars going to save you again. :skip:

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Two things can be true. FSU got fukked. But Bama also deserved to be in it. The things aren't mutually exclusive. It's just nothing could be truly be done about it & somebody was always gon be left crying, holding dat bag :manny:
They gotta beat Georgia or nobody will be saying that shyt afterwards. Just like Baylor in 2014.

A lot of people still believe TCU was the best team in 2014 though, Including me :mjpls:

Silkk

Daps
Coach Prime season 2 out now on Amazon :blessed:
About 85% of all that preseason shyt talking about the previous roster/staff looks terrible in retrospect :russ:

Especially after that lil hot September start they had

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
They gotta beat Georgia or nobody will be saying that shyt afterwards. Just like Baylor in 2014.

Why should they need to beat Georgia to belong in the Top 4, when Georgia is supposedly the runaway best team in the nation? At least that's what all the slurpers told me last week.

TCU beat undefeated Michigan last year, and you still have people saying TCU didn't belong. I remember when Utah dominated Alabama after many people had said Utah didn't belong in a BCS bowl, and all the 'Bama fans went with the "Well, we weren't really trying as hard as them" excuse. Exact same excuse you see in this thread.

A lot of people still believe TCU was the best team in 2014 though, Including me :mjpls:

It's funny, TCU beat a top-10 SEC squad by 42-3 in their bowl, but no one in the SEC will admit that the SEC was "weak" that year or that they "didn't belong."

SEC rankings that year were hilarious.

Going into the bowls:

#1 12-1 Alabama
#7 10-2 Mississippi State
#9 9-3 Ole Miss (who had beaten both Alabama and Mississippi State)
#19 8-4 Auburn
#22 8-4 LSU

#1 Alabama loses to #4 Ohio State 42-35
#7 Mississippi State loses to #12 Georgia Tech 49-34
#9 Old Miss loses to #6 TCU 42-3
#19 Auburn loses to #18 Wisconsin 34-31
#22 LSU loses to unranked 7-5 Notre Dame 31-28

SEC got fukking wiped. Ranked SEC teams went 2-5 that year and nearly all of the losses were upsets.

Last edited:

Silkk

Daps
Why should they need to beat Georgia to belong in the Top 4, when Georgia is supposedly the runaway best team in the nation? At least that's what all the slurpers told me last week.

TCU beat undefeated Michigan last year, and you still have people saying TCU didn't belong. I remember when Utah dominated Alabama after many people had said Utah didn't belong in a BCS bowl, and all the 'Bama fans went with the "Well, we weren't really trying as hard as them" excuse. Exact same excuse you see in this thread.

Georgia just lost. How are they the best in the nation?

They don’t gain anything by winning/losing this game but if they lose then the narrative will be the committee was right for leaving them out and it played itself out on the field.