The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charknicks

All Star
Daps

Is HS recruiting being "killed?"...and killed in what regard? I rarely follow it at all but that seems like 🧢

Regardless of whether or not this is a real quote, it's def gotta be easier to recruit someone 19-22 years old out of the portal than 16-17 yo in HS. Dudes in the portal only have weeks (months?) to decide where a HS recruit can take 2-3 years to make a decision

Nah, I follow what he is saying.

He is basically saying that transfer portal kids arent going to 5-7 schools to try to play the game like HS kids are. They have a good idea as to what type of situation they are looking to be in and contribute. HS recruits are looking to play the field, and as freshmen no matter what, will need to get up to speed on the play at the college level. Its less of a crapshoot to pick kids through the portal. It makes sense. And yeah, it wont kill 5 star recruits, but all those 3-4 stars will be waiting a little longer if you can get a vet who has already played college ball instead. And all those 2 stars might be putting in apps to bag groceries as backup plans.

Edit- as I typed this, got an ESPN alert that 3,000 kids are in the portal right now. Basically, this just shows that the HS kids have to made decisions faster, cause schools aint waiting on them like they used to. Before, transfers had to sit a year. With that rule gone, its the Wild West out here.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Tim Brando goes scorched earth on committee, SEC, ESPN, FSU, ACC, Herbstreit, etc.. :ehh:

I get it...fsu got fukked

But did anyone besides fsu and Michigan want to watch fsu play in that game without a qb?

They looked like ass against Louisville, who also looked like shyt. You can bring up OSU in '14 but they blasted Wisconsin in the title game something like 70-0

fukk limping into the playoffs

Michigan only cares about "what's fair" bc it's an easy match up for them. If a non SEC team was waiting in the back at #5 they wouldn't care. It's better for mich to beat a sec team if they're going to win it all to silence any haters. Beating fsu doesn't mean anything

If fsu's qb didn't get injured they'd be in and the committee would try to fukk over Texas instead.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

But did anyone besides fsu and Michigan want to watch fsu play in that game without a qb?

They looked like ass against Louisville, who also looked like shyt. You can bring up OSU in '14 but they blasted Wisconsin in the title game something like 70-0

Michigan only cares about "what's fair" bc it's an easy match up for them. If a non SEC team was waiting in the back at #5 they wouldn't care. It's better for mich to beat a sec team if they're going to win it all to silence any haters. Beating fsu doesn't mean anything
Michigan State fans love saying what Michigan fans think.

Michigan had that last year. Michigan fans are not looking for an easy way out. That's your bag. Praying for suspensions and penalties.

Get good mothafukka...you're officially 7
8th best in the conference. I can't imagine such a state of affairs :picard:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Michigan State fans love saying what Michigan fans think.

Michigan had that last year. Michigan fans are not looking for an easy way out. That's your bag. Praying for suspensions and penalties.

Get good mothafukka...you're officially 7
8th best in the conference. I can't imagine such a state of affairs :picard:

Well that's so nice of y'all to want what's right for poor little fsu but no one is buying that

We all saw that collective groan in the room and eventual slow clap when Bama was selected. You think that would've been the reaction if fsu was the match up lol

And it's not bc it's Michigan. That reaction would've been ANY team, let's be real, every team would've preferred to play fsu

When did I say anything about hoping for suspensions or penalties? I've gone as far as saying a vacated season(s), if it were to happen, is meaningless and worth it if you win the whole thing.

Not going to root for yall but if you win then much props, no issue w/ that.

I think yall have a really good chance To beat Bama and personally I haven't been hating at all.

All I'm trying to say is only two fanbases were pissed + people that hate the sec. Everyone else would rather see the marquee Bama match up

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown

If fsu's qb didn't get injured they'd be in and the committee would try to fukk over Texas instead.
Their defense looked elite but I know people like to ignore that part of the game. It also shouldn't be about what you think people want to watch, and that is the major gripe about all of this. FSU did what they were supposed to do to make the playoffs but instead got nixed, because it's not what people wanted to watch. That is inherently the corruptness about the decision in itself. They went undefeated, scheduled a tough OOC and won their conference. Injuries should not have superceded any of that.