The OFFICIAL 2023 College Football RANDOM THOUGHTS Thread

PREDICT the NATIONAL CHAMPION

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I don't think u leave Oklahoma to go to any of those schools unless Oklahoma doesn't want u anymore. Especially now that theyve seemed to recover from Riley leaving and are competing. My guess is they have their eye on someone else or has a young guy they like. Same with McCord. They getting upgraded. Have to be.

Jackson Arnold was always going to start next year

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
But honestly the defense was good, but Jim refused to adapt offensively, he wanted the most qb unfriendly have to think identity and read defenses offense, and it was out dated, his qbs getting hurt ain’t help, but if he had an east offense they would have been able to step in and be good, but when you get 100 m’s garaunteed what motivates you to change ?? You get lulled into thinking you can’t fail
The defense was overrated but yeah it's better than the offensive side of the ball. They looked good against offenses without a pulse. Don't think they beat a team with a top 50 offense all year mainly due to their swiss cheese secondary.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
The transfer portal

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Business is open

And

cover3.jpg

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Ok, this transfer portal shyt is getting out of hand.

Why in the world would QBs at Top 10 programs be transferring out of those programs?

There needs to be a limit on
-How many times a kid can transfer OR
-Being able to transfer multiple years in a row

There has to be some kind of commitment. I think a kid should be able to transfer once without sitting out, but the 2nd one, you lose a year of eligibility. This aint even fun anymore.
If you see a starter from those programs transfer, you should automatically think they’ve been pushed out.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
The defense was overrated but yeah it's better than the offensive side of the ball. They looked good against offenses without a pulse. Don't think they beat a team with a top 50 offense all year mainly due to their swiss cheese secondary.

I think their offense not being good didn’t help either, but they could be better

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
That’s a lie. Michigan’s offense played to our defensive strength. QB who is a statute in the pocket.

This the same Michigan team that ran the ball 31 times and passed ONCE against a pedestrian Penn State defense :mjlol:

Our defense would have ate Michigan alive. They would have been overwhelmed by our D Line speed.
This.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
If you see a starter from those programs transfer, you should automatically think they’ve been pushed out.

I disagree. Why would Dillon Gabriel be pushed from a 10-2 Oklahoma squad? Why McCord from a 11-1 Ohio St squad? What better situation would they be going to? I can understand DJ U over at Oregon St since they are basically an independent now.

Alot of the other position players, maybe. But every kid in the portal is out of hand.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This all is just an indictment on the ACC as a conference

I see it more as an indictment of keeping the narrative that the playoff MUST have the SEC Champ in it. FSU's backup QBs looking like ass gave the committee (ESPN) an out to keep up the narrative.

and of course....MONEY.

This is all politics and money. Always the dollar.

Playoff Commish even said Jordan Travis being hurt is the reason FSU ain't in there. But this wouldn't have happened if the roles were reversed with FSU/Bama in the same situation.

They so full of shyt, but it's done.

And like I said earlier.

Rekkapryde said:
And of course next year they'll just pivot to "this (2024 season) year's playoff allows us to fix the mistakes of the past!!!". Screw ESPN for this.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Why does it seem like Georgia doesn't get the hype or credit they deserve? Its like oh, Bama beat Georgia and ppl just move on.

Even their fanbase isn't as annoying as others

If not for Bama, Georgias resume would be :mindblown: