The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Beating them :hula:Rushing & Scoring on them

You brought up Darnold who was a 4 star recruit and came in and did better than he ever had any expectations to be, Revived a dead program, and led a historic comeback win in one of the greatest Rose Bowls ever.

I brought up the “Michael Jordan” of College Football and how he didn’t live up to the hype at all after being proclaimed all that high praise before even stepping on campus and you can’t take it.
A 4 star is supposed to ball out

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Zeke was the only player to rush for over 100 in 14 against yall :dwillhuh:

Nick Marshall threw for nearly 500 yards on that defense too though. My point is that it was not usual Saban defense, sure Zeke did his thing against us but I also saw our secondary get torched at times all season. It was not the same defense.

2008 D: #2 rushing, #30 passing
2009 D: #3 rushing, #14 passing
2010 D: #10 rushing, #18 passing
2011 D: #1 rushing, #1 passing
2012 D: #1 rushing, #6 passing
2013 D: #7 rushing, #11 passing
2014 D: #8 rushing, #59 passing

2014's D was mid as hell, most didn't even try to run on us cause the secondary was bbq chicken.

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps
Nick Marshall threw for nearly 500 yards on that defense too though. My point is that it was not usual Saban defense, sure Zeke did his thing against us but I also saw our secondary get torched at times all season. It was not the same defense.

2008 D: #2 rushing, #30 passing
2009 D: #3 rushing, #14 passing
2010 D: #10 rushing, #18 passing
2011 D: #1 rushing, #1 passing
2012 D: #1 rushing, #6 passing
2013 D: #7 rushing, #11 passing
2014 D: #8 rushing, #59 passing

2014's D was mid as hell, most didn't even try to run on us cause the secondary was bbq chicken.
They talking bout run defense though, how yall shut Fournette down

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
They talking bout run defense though, how yall shut Fournette down

I'm gonna chalk that up to Les going brain dead against Alabama for 5 straight seasons. For some reason he just continued to run Fournette into 8 man boxes when it was proven time and time again that it wasnt gonna work and Anthony Jennings and Brandon Harris were not threats in the passing game. Playing defense against LSU those years was like playing freshman mode on NCAA.

Tom Herman was able to spread our defense out with the RPOs and Cardale made himself known as a threat to pass, while Zeke just keep grinding until that 85 yard run at the end.

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
They got real trendy with those wr picks, but OU is historically a running team. Low key Marcus Dupree was arguably more dominant than AD but his peak was short. Both of them were held back by injuries.

they didn’t have flashy wrs except a couple here and there, i seen the Dupree highlights i can’t call it, i still give the nod to AD that nikka was a man among boys

Adrian Martinez

qakZa0.gif

I was saying that before last year, the hype Darnold got the offseason after the Penn st game was something I’ve never seen, they wanted to give him the heisman before the season even started

they do that with a lot of kids who have a great year and have to come back, it’s so many factors in a kid following up the previous success, some them, some coaching, some personnel around them, and schedule. But Sam deserved the hype, he just couldn’t reproduce it :yeshrug:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I'm gonna chalk that up to Les going brain dead against Alabama for 5 straight seasons. For some reason he just continued to run Fournette into 8 man boxes when it was proven time and time against that it was gonna work and Anthony Jennings and Brandon Harris were not threats in the passing game. Playing defense against LSU those years was like playing freshman mode on NCAA.

Tom Herman was able to spread our defense out with the RPOs and Cardale made himself known as a threat to pass, while Zeke just keep grinding until that 85 yard run at the end.

he wasn’t brain dead, he was used to his team overpowering most squads, that when he met up with Bama, he assumed it would work, but it didn’t, the irony is he’s an offensive kind of guy, but lacked innovation, and didn’t turn to his coaches, he was his own worst enemy

RammerJammer

Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
he wasn’t brain dead, he was used to his team overpowering most squads, that when he met up with Bama, he assumed it would work, but it didn’t, the irony is he’s an offensive kind of guy, but lacked innovation, and didn’t turn to his coaches, he was his own worst enemy

Maybe brain dead was a lack of a better term but I also think about the National Championship Game when Jordan Jefferson couldn’t do anything on our defense and yet the better passer Jarrett Lee was on sidelines the whole game. Still don’t think they would’ve beaten us if Les made the switch but it would’ve given them a better chance. Les might’ve still been at LSU if he didn’t get in his own way like you said.