The OFFICIAL 2020 College football RANDOM THOUGHTS thread

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
What that has to do with anything?

That we can still beat y'all even if we bad :umad:

Anyway though, I get where you're coming from but it's just wait and see for me on how the post-Saban era goes, honestly I think with all the big recruiting classes and locker room renovations, we kind of setting up for it now. I hope we learned from our mistakes with the post-Bear and post-Stallings hires and will be able to make a seamless transition into the next coaching era like how Urban handed to keys over to Ryan Day at Ohio State.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
That we can still beat y'all even if we bad :umad:

Anyway though, I get where you're coming from but it's just wait and see for me on how the post-Saban era goes, honestly I think with all the big recruiting classes and locker room renovations, we kind of setting up for it now. I hope we learned from our mistakes with the post-Bear and post-Stallings hires and will be able to make a seamless transition into the next coaching era like how Urban handed to keys over to Ryan Day at Ohio State.
I don’t doubt Bama is not goin to be good, I think Saban’s connection to LSU plays a big part in the rivalry

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I think it did early on like 07-11. I just think the success of both teams and the high profile players have made the game what it is lately though.
Nah it still plays a part post 2011 is when Saban really started using his Louisiana pipeline

when Saban leave Bama-LSU will be LSU-AU
, still a rivalry and still a big game

2017 LSU-UF is proof that Florida is their biggest rival, LSU lost to Troy and that was the year coach Mac was stinking it up at Florida and despite all of that it was still an anticipated game

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Back in the day we used to have two rivals, Tennessee and then Auburn.

Tennessee was our LSU and Auburn was our Auburn.

Tennessee has fallen so bad but it's still fun to watch them suffer :mjgrin:
Yeah Tennessee-Alabama in today's game would decide top in the SEC. Dye's Auburn and Spurrier's Florida kinda muddied that sentiment tho. I think Georgia was fire that decade too. SEC prone to be back in that type of air too.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Nah it still plays a part post 2011 is when Saban really started using his Louisiana pipeline

when Saban leave Bama-LSU will be LSU-AU
, still a rivalry and still a big game

2017 LSU-UF is proof that Florida is their biggest rival, LSU lost to Troy and that was the year coach Mac was stinking it up at Florida and despite all of that it was still an anticipated game
LSU-Florida is the peak version of a hot regional rivalry. I don't see fans that aren't from this area talk about it like that, not taking anything away from the quality of it. Alabama and LSU gonna be THE national rivalry as long as those two keep on putting some of the biggest faces in the NFL out there. Like @RammerJammer said, thats the narrative people preach now. Bama receivers vs LSU receivers, Tua vs Burrow, etc etc.

This isnt me saying that Florida isn't yall biggest rival, I just think it's dishonest to say that wont be y'all biggest game if Bama still where they at, Saban or not.

#1 recruit in the country.

He got robbed like Stingley. Everybody and they mama can see they got the crown

you know the shytty thing is, if yall offense go back to what it was, he won't even get touches like that :pachaha: yall should be anticipating how this season looks like more than anybody tbh

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Nadab Joseph, 2018 Cornerback - Rivals.com

Does anyone remember this kid? He just committed to Nebraska out of JUCO
He was commited to LSU for a second.

you know the shytty thing is, if yall offense go back to what it was, he won't even get touches like that :pachaha: yall should be anticipating how this season looks like more than anybody tbh
The way we are recruiting WRs & TEs let me known what type of offense we are running.

O.iatlhawksfan

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
LSU-Florida is the peak version of a hot regional rivalry. I don't see fans that aren't from this area talk about it like that, not taking anything away from the quality of it. Alabama and LSU gonna be THE national rivalry as long as those two keep on putting some of the biggest faces in the NFL out there. Like @RammerJammer said, thats the narrative people preach now. Bama receivers vs LSU receivers, Tua vs Burrow, etc etc.

This isnt me saying that Florida isn't yall biggest rival, I just think it's dishonest to say that wont be y'all biggest game if Bama still where they at, Saban or not.

Are you forgetting the LSU-UF games when Tebow was there? There were very similar to how the LSU-Bama is now, at the end of the day Bama and LSU being the big game is always contingent on both teams being good that’s the point I’m making, if both teams have muiltiple losses when they play would the national pundit be checking for that game? Nope

And LSU fans aren’t anticipating how the offense will look this offseason like y’all are because we know Coach O isn’t Les Miles. Coach O was committed to changing the offense and he did

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama

Yeah I think LSU fans play up the Saban thing more if it's true what he said. Like the fact that Saban coached there is irrelevant now, that was 16 years ago. Early in the Saban era at Bama, sure but now like you said, it's all about the high profile players, close finishes, and National Title implications, none of the National Media plays up the Saban Bowl thing anymore.