The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Dirty D

Vikes & Raptors 4 Life
Daps
Reppin
The 6
@I.V. how do u feel about Sabonis at 9 for Toronto? I feel like his rebounding and passing alone would make a positive impact, and we have Patterson to sub in if he's killing us defensively.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never seen him live. People I respect think he is a bust and at best an energy big.

He's 7'1" with decent length, crazy mobility for a big, decent handle, and jumpshot.

In a weak draft, he should be a lock to go top 5-10.

I think NBA are over thinking it once again if they let him slip past the lottery. This could be 2013 Giannis all over again.

I take Maker after Simmons. I like the Chris Bosh comparison.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
hmm

:salute: @ this internet sleuthing -- I'd been doing similar shyt, and he looks TALLER than advertised.

He moves around on the court like Giannis did when he was younger. Fluid, but still explosive.

Yeah, but we don't have a measurement for that either. I don't have a decent wingspan measurement, nothing. But he seems long as fukk, and the way he holds the ball in the air makes me think he has big hands. :merchant:
Meant to say over. Posting en route to Dyckman

If he was much taller he'd wanna flaunt that to top 10 teams

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone know why Thon Maker is being underrated?

I personally would take him over Brandon Ingram (who will be an epic bust IMO).

I like this comparison.

Top 3 picks in 2016

1. Ben Simmons
2. Thon Maker
3. Jaylen Brown

The rest of this dudes are basura.

No way ingram bust. He can get you 15 and 6 coming out the gate. He's a 20ppg+ scorer in this league, regardless if he gains weight or not. His length and scoring instincts are great for his age.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
No way ingram bust. He can get you 15 and 6 coming out the gate

He's not going to average 15/6 out the gate, temper expectations, he's one of the youngest players in the draft and needs his body to develop. I think he will be good, but he's going to have to play SF if he's drafted by the Lakers, and he's physically not there yet. Wiggins got away with playing SG his rookie year.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps

I like this comparison.

Top 3 picks in 2016

1. Ben Simmons
2. Thon Maker
3. Jaylen Brown

To me Ben Simmons has much higher bust potential than Ingram

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's not going to average 15/6 out the gate, temper expectations, he's one of the youngest players in the draft and needs his body to develop. I think he will be good, but he's going to have to play SF if he's drafted by the Lakers, and he's physically not there yet. Wiggins got away with playing SG his rookie year.
I mean yea he playing SF, what else he gonna play?..i dont view him as a SG at all and I think his length will help him overcome his lack of weight. On this Lakers squad he could easily score 15 a game, especially with Luke's ststem. D'angelo averaged about 18 per36 last year. I say fukk the bullshyt and throw dude in the fire, its not like Lakers have any better options at SF and he'll get his touches..15ppg is about what like 7 made FG a game, he can def do that

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I mean yea he playing SF, what else he gonna play?..i dont view him as a SG at all and I think his length will help him overcome his lack of weight. On this Lakers squad he could easily score 15 a game, especially with Luke's ststem. D'angelo averaged about 18 per36 last year. I say fukk the bullshyt and throw dude in the fire, its not like Lakers have any better options at SF and he'll get his touches..15ppg is about what like 7 made FG a game, he can def do that

He's physically not ready yet, when dudes are underweight like that they typically play them 1 position down until their body catches up. Look at Wiggins, he played SG his first year and a half and is now moving to SF, Durant played SG his first year in Seattle and Paul George played SG his first two years. The average NBA SF is around 220lbs, he's got a long way to get to that weight in terms of functional strength, he's going to be a very good player, but just assuming he'll be a 15ppg scorer off the bat & pull down 6rpg despite being so skinny is crazy talk.

I'd expect him to have a similar projection as Paul George, start off slow, maybe even come off the bench and start putting it together as his body catches up to his skill.

s_0128_mbball-v-houstonbabtist-cole371.jpg

PG at the same age, similar build, he didn't put up 12/6 till his second season.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps

I like this comparison.

Top 3 picks in 2016

1. Ben Simmons
2. Thon Maker
3. Jaylen Brown

You ever actually watch Thon Maker play in a game? I'm not asking to be a dikk, I'm asking because you have to see him play against some kind of comp to see where his game actually is right now. When he was busting regular high schoolers asses, or playing in some shytty summer league, he looked like a god.

But he's actually not very athletic. He's agile, but not explosive at all, and not tremendously fast. When I see him play in games that have real competition, he can't do all the stuff with the ball he does in workouts.

What I'm saying is, not all of his skills are functional right now. And I'm a little worried that many of them will never be.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's physically not ready yet, when dudes are underweight like that they typically play them 1 position down until their body catches up. Look at Wiggins, he played SG his first year and a half and is now moving to SF, Durant played SG his first year in Seattle and Paul George played SG his first two years. The average NBA SF is around 220lbs, he's got a long way to get to that weight in terms of functional strength, he's going to be a very good player, but just assuming he'll be a 15ppg scorer off the bat & pull down 6rpg despite being so skinny is crazy talk.

I'd expect him to have a similar projection as Paul George, start off slow, maybe even come off the bench and start putting it together as his body catches up to his skill.

s_0128_mbball-v-houstonbabtist-cole371.jpg

PG at the same age, similar build, he didn't put up 12/6 till his second season.

Well..youll see. I also said Russell would average 17/5/5 last season and he pretty much did when given the minutes (17/4/4 per36). My projection of 15ppg is mainly based on him being used as spot up shooter at the 3 in Luke's GS system. Plus he'll probably have a few iso's per game. His length and creativity will be a problem in his role..just look at the looks Harrison Barnes gets in the same role