The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Celtics get Henson, Tyreke, and 6 for Bradley 16 and some second rounders? I'm In

Nah, but if that were to happen I'd hope we could drop Evans in the process lol

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I believe Tyreke would be an expiring otherwise I wouldn't want anything to do with him

Danny has liked him forever tho

He is, I'd be happy with the 10 mil in cap space this offseason tho :wow:

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
Ayo @tremonthustler1 -- how come we can't get a decent Luwawu measurement?? Is he hiding that he's actually 6'5? :lupe:

He plays long as hell.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
Sabonis- Luis Scola. Will have a long career but I'm not taking that in the lottery.

I'mma go ahead and stand up for him... You're kind of hating on Scola here. Per 36, he was giving you 17/9ish. Shooting above 50% from the flor and high 70's from the line. I personally think Domatas is a better passer.

Definitely not a high-ceiling player, but I think there are bankable skills there, which you don't get a lot of in this draft after this first 7-8 picks. (shyt, even IN some of the first 7-8) DX has him at 13, and I think that's pretty fair.

Georgios Papagiannis is gonna go top 25 now to either Boston or Philly

This is one of the guys I wanted the Knicks to purchase a 2nd for. I've been on that Big George train for most of the year.

And I said what I said about LeVert before multiple injuries....

Even after some Injuries you were still very much on that LeVert wave. No need to get sensitive about it.

I believe Tyreke would be an expiring otherwise I wouldn't want anything to do with him
Danny has liked him forever tho

'Reke sucks.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I'mma go ahead and stand up for him... You're kind of hating on Scola here. Per 36, he was giving you 17/9ish. Shooting above 50% from the flor and high 70's from the line. I personally think Domatas is a better passer.

Definitely not a high-ceiling player, but I think there are bankable skills there, which you don't get a lot of in this draft after this first 7-8 picks. (shyt, even IN some of the first 7-8) DX has him at 13, and I think that's pretty fair.

Even after some Injuries you were still very much on that LeVert wave. No need to get sensitive about it.

LeVert is admittedly a lottery pick in the last 2 drafts, if health were not an issue. This is consensus among scouts, fans, coaches, etc. I'm not sure what there is to be sensitive about? A 6'7 player who can play in a pitch 1-3 while being well above average as a ball handler, passer and shooter with the length of a SF while possessing the lateral quickness and first step of a PG is rare. A high end role player that allows any team so much roster flexibility. The one thing I overestimated was his ability to put on weight and stay healthy.

And I'm not hating on Scola, I just think when we look in hindsight much like 2013, we will have guys who severely outplay their projection and make this draft stronger than it was pegged. Always happens.

Last edited:

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
LeVert is admittedly a lottery pick in the last 2 drafts, if health were not an issue. This is consensus among scouts, fans, coaches, etc. I'm not sure what there is to be sensitive about? A 6'7 player who can play in a pitch 1-3 while being well above as a ball handler, passer and shooter with the length of a SF while possessing the lateral quickness and first step of a PG is rare. A high end role player that allows any team so much roster flexibility. The one thing I overestimated was his ability to put on weight and stay healthy.

And I'm not hating on Scola, I just think when we look in hindsight much like 2013, we will have guys who severely outplay their projection and make this draft stronger than it was pegged. Always happens.

I'd still take a shot on LeVert late, let a team's full physio unit get behind him.

And I was surprised when guys were hating on this draft... seems like there is a ton of room to make a profit.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I'd still take a shot on LeVert late, let a team's full physio unit get behind him.

And I was surprised when guys were hating on this draft... seems like there is a ton of room to make a profit.

Then you get the stories from GMs years later about how they were going to draft or buy a pick or trade up for a guy who turns out to be a steal

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Ayo @tremonthustler1 -- how come we can't get a decent Luwawu measurement?? Is he hiding that he's actually 6'5? :lupe:

He plays long as hell.

I doubt it, generally speaking the Euro guys are listed properly with their shoes off height.

%7B84441907-3E5A-4F60-9F2F-C54B55DF26BA%7Dflexible.jpg

Number 15 is a little further away from the camera but he's listed at 6'8"

5b885.jpg

next to 6'10" Alpha Kaba

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Doesn't really matter how tall Luwawu is , his length is legit either way

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
Not sure, but I bet he's a shade under 6'6"

hmm

I doubt it, generally speaking the Euro guys are listed properly with their shoes off height.

%7B84441907-3E5A-4F60-9F2F-C54B55DF26BA%7Dflexible.jpg

Number 15 is a little further away from the camera but he's listed at 6'8"

5b885.jpg

next to 6'10" Alpha Kaba

:salute: @ this internet sleuthing -- I'd been doing similar shyt, and he looks TALLER than advertised.

He moves around on the court like Giannis did when he was younger. Fluid, but still explosive.

Doesn't really matter how tall Luwawu is , his length is legit either way

Yeah, but we don't have a measurement for that either. I don't have a decent wingspan measurement, nothing. But he seems long as fukk, and the way he holds the ball in the air makes me think he has big hands. :merchant:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone know why Thon Maker is being underrated?

I personally would take him over Brandon Ingram (who will be an epic bust IMO).

I like this comparison.

Top 3 picks in 2016

1. Ben Simmons
2. Thon Maker
3. Jaylen Brown

The rest of this dudes are basura.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Complete speculation but I feel like Brown could jump Ingram. His hype train as taken off. Athletic ability coupled with his stellar workouts + smart interviews.... I could see it