The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Brown is moving back up for me, still have him over Simmons, behind Ingram but have him moving up from 8 to 6 right now

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
@Brozay how you feel about bradley and 3rd pick for butler?

Thats a hell of a return imo

It's a lot to give up considering Bradley makes half the money, is younger, and the 3rd pick too?

I know butler is better but he's not that much better, his stats are also inflated because he plays 40 minutes a game

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Brown is moving back up for me, still have him over Simmons, behind Ingram but have him moving up from 8 to 6 right now
Interesting draft in that it seems like only a couple of teams have a wide pool to pick from.

Philly - Simmons
LA- Ingram
Boston- Brown, Murray or Hield
Phoenix - Bender, Brown or Chriss
Minny- Hield, Dunn, Murray and Bender
NO - Dunn or Hield
Denver- they can go anywhere with this pick
Sacramento - whoever falls from that top 8
Toronto - Skal, Poeltl, Sabonis or Ellenson
Milwaukee- same as Toronto
Orlando - same as Toronto only they may consider a PG too and Davis
Utah - international
Phoenix - wide open
Chicago - more options

Feels like it might not be as predictable since options are narrowed down

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
im a certified scout breh and have an excellent record on here
Like Caris LeVert over D'Angelo Russell and telling me there is no way Justin Anderson gets drafted in the first round
edit:
I do appreciate some of your semi-insider info on HS prospects but stop hating on tre

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Interesting draft in that it seems like only a couple of teams have a wide pool to pick from.

Philly - Simmons
LA- Ingram
NO - Dunn or Hield
Utah - international
Phoenix - wide open
Chicago - more options

Boston gonna draft another wing? If they do end up doing that I'm 99% sure they going with Brown

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps

Philly - Simmons
LA- Ingram
NO - Dunn or Hield
Utah - international
Phoenix - wide open
Chicago - more options

I really want to get Dunn at 6, but if Murray is still there I think that's where they'll go

A sleeper tho is Poeltl with the way AD's game has been progressing, think they'd be a good duo - would need to trade down though

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's a lot to give up considering Bradley makes half the money, is younger, and the 3rd pick too?

I know butler is better but he's not that much better, his stats are also inflated because he plays 40 minutes a game

I wouldn't do it if I was Chicago unless you absolutely HAVE TO get rid of butler. Than id do Crowder and 3rd pick and future pick

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Like Caris LeVert over D'Angelo Russell and telling me there is no way Justin Anderson gets drafted in the first round
edit:
I do appreciate some of your semi-insider info on HS prospects but stop hating on tre

Justin Anderson shouldn't have been a first rounder. Not my fault that people like you were high on him and reached.

And I said what I said about LeVert before multiple injuries....stop being disingenuous. I've pegged DLo pretty well til this point in the league. Others were saying he was coming in averaging 18 5 5 and other nonsense because of his college PER.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Justin Anderson shouldn't have been a first rounder. Not my fault that people like you were high on him and reached.

And I said what I said about LeVert before multiple injuries....stop being disingenuous. I've pegged DLo pretty well til this point in the league. Others were saying he was coming in averaging 18 5 5 and other nonsense because of his college PER.

You don't think Anderson is one of the 30 best players/prospects in last year's draft? Have you seen him play?

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Found this on reddit:

Boston-New Orleans-Milwaukee Trade Scenario

Boston receives: 6th overall pick, John Henson
New Orleans receives: 10th overall pick, 23rd overall pick, 35th overall pick
Milwaukee receives: 16th overall pick, Avery Bradley

For Boston
We give up less than in OP's original 2 way trade and get more. Evans is injured a lot and not a great fit, to be honest. Henson doesn't get playtime in Milwaukee and just signed a very reasonable 4 year 44 million dollar deal. He'd come cheaper than Sullinger and is a better fit for the team.

For New Orleans
New Orleans moves back only 4 spots and picks up another mid round pick to help with their depth, which was killed by injuries. At 10 they could take Poeltl, who'd be a good fit next to Davis. Bradley might be more appealing to them, but in my opinion they're better off getting more picks and trying to go younger. I don't think Bradley alone gets them to the playoffs next year, so if they want him they're going to have to do a lot more work.

For Milwaukee
Henson is in the doghouse and Bradley is totally the type of player Kidd would love. If Point Giannis is happening, Avery fits their plan perfectly. An off the ball offensive player who can hound either guard position on defense and space the floor. They get him and only fall back 6 spots, where they could potentially grab a more pure point guard like Baldwin or Jackson. This might be too good of a trade for them.

I'm not really sure who says no to this. If New Orleans does, then I would consider giving them 16th instead of Milwaukee and giving Milwaukee 23rd, even though there is very little difference in talent. I think this benefits all parties.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
I wouldn't do it if I was Chicago unless you absolutely HAVE TO get rid of butler. Than id do Crowder and 3rd pick and future pick

Once again, is butler THAT much better than crowder who makes 7 million a year for 4 more years (!!!) to give up a 3rd pick and another pick?

I don't think so. Danny refused that deal from the Bulls in February and will refuse it again. Might be the best contract in the league with Isaiah's

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
Found this on reddit:

Boston-New Orleans-Milwaukee Trade Scenario

Boston receives: 6th overall pick, John Henson
New Orleans receives: 10th overall pick, 23rd overall pick, 35th overall pick
Milwaukee receives: 16th overall pick, Avery Bradley

For Boston
We give up less than in OP's original 2 way trade and get more. Evans is injured a lot and not a great fit, to be honest. Henson doesn't get playtime in Milwaukee and just signed a very reasonable 4 year 44 million dollar deal. He'd come cheaper than Sullinger and is a better fit for the team.

For New Orleans
New Orleans moves back only 4 spots and picks up another mid round pick to help with their depth, which was killed by injuries. At 10 they could take Poeltl, who'd be a good fit next to Davis. Bradley might be more appealing to them, but in my opinion they're better off getting more picks and trying to go younger. I don't think Bradley alone gets them to the playoffs next year, so if they want him they're going to have to do a lot more work.

For Milwaukee
Henson is in the doghouse and Bradley is totally the type of player Kidd would love. If Point Giannis is happening, Avery fits their plan perfectly. An off the ball offensive player who can hound either guard position on defense and space the floor. They get him and only fall back 6 spots, where they could potentially grab a more pure point guard like Baldwin or Jackson. This might be too good of a trade for them.

I'm not really sure who says no to this. If New Orleans does, then I would consider giving them 16th instead of Milwaukee and giving Milwaukee 23rd, even though there is very little difference in talent. I think this benefits all parties.

Celtics get Henson, Tyreke, and 6 for Bradley 16 and some second rounders? I'm In