The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
My lakers brehs will lose there minds of he comes on as slow as PG tbh. What's your take on Brown? Me being from GA I got to see him quite a bit in HS and he took a step down once he got to the college ranks. I feel like he played below his talent level. Didn't like what I saw out of him in college but it didn't help that Cal played at such a slow pace. I can feel myself getting high on his potential again but I'm not trying to ride the workout hype. What do you think about Brown?

I like Brown, big physical wings like him can be thrown out there early, I'd expect him to have a similar season to Stanley Johnson. What he becomes depends on his jumper, but I think the best spot for him would be in Phoenix, they have enough shooting on the floor that his lack of a jumper wouldn't be as problematic for his first few years, he'd be able to develop it at a reasonable pace. I think wings like him end up being better in the NBA when there's more spacing for them to drive, the college game is really restrictive and who was the last high profile wing player to have big numbers as a freshman?

Well..youll see. I also said Russell would average 17/5/5 last season and he pretty much did when given the minutes (17/4/4 per36). My projection of 15ppg is mainly based on him being used as spot up shooter at the 3 in Luke's GS system. Plus he'll probably have a few iso's per game. His length and creativity will be a problem in his role..just look at the looks Harrison Barnes gets in the same role

You're expecting too much, guys who are as skinny as him are often protected because they can get hurt, the SF spot is extremely physical and you have some of them weighing 240+. It would be different if they play him at SG, because it's not as physically demanding and he's an outlier due to his height and then weight isn't as big of a problem. Why are you talking about PER 36, either he averaged what you said or he didn't :yeshrug:

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I tried my hand at a mock draft

22-philadelphia-76.png

Ben Simmons, PF, LSU
Philadelphia Sixers
13-la-lakers.png

Brandon Ingram, SF, Duke
Los Angeles Lakers
2-boston-celtics.png

Dragan Bender, PF, Maccabi FOX Tel Aviv (Israel)
Boston Celtics from Brooklyn
23-phoenix-suns.png

Marquese Chriss, PF, Washington
Phoenix Suns
17-minnesota-timbe.png

Buddy Hield, G, Oklahoma
Minnesota Timberwolves
19-new-orleans-pel.png

Jamal Murray, SG, Kentucky
New Orleans Pelicans
7-denver-nuggets.png

Jaylen Brown, SF, California
Denver Nuggets Swap with New York
25-sacramento-king.png

Kris Dunn, SG, Providence
Sacramento Kings
28-toronto-raptors.png

Domas Sabonis, PF, Gonzaga
Toronto Raptors from New York (via Denver swap)
16-milwaukee-bucks.png

Jakob Poeltl, C, Utah
Milwaukee Bucks
21-orlando-magic.png

Skal Labissiere, C, Kentucky
Orlando Magic
29-utah-jazz.png

Denzel Valentine, F, Michigan State
Utah Jazz
23-phoenix-suns.png

Furkan Korkmaz, SG, Anadolu Efes (Turkey)
Phoenix Suns from Washington
4-chicago-bulls.png

Wade Baldwin IV, G, Vanderbilt
Chicago Bulls
7-denver-nuggets.png

Timothe Luwawu, F, KK Mega Vizura (Serbia)
Denver Nuggets from Houston
2-boston-celtics.png

Malachi Richardson, SF, Syracuse
Boston Celtics from Dallas
14-memphis-grizzli.png

Demetrius Jackson, G, Notre Dame
Memphis Grizzlies
8-detroit-pistons.png

Cheick Diallo, PF, Kansas
Detroit Pistons
7-denver-nuggets.png

Henry Ellenson, PF, Marquette
Denver Nuggets from Portland
11-indiana-pacers.png

Ivica Zubac, C, KK Mega Vizura (Serbia)
Indiana Pacers

Malik Beasley, SG, Florida State
Atlanta Hawks

Brice Johnson, PF, North Carolina
Charlotte Hornets

A.J. Hammons, C, Purdue
Boston Celtics

Thon Maker, C,
Philadelphia Sixers from Miami via Cleveland

Deyonta Davis, PF, Michigan State
Los Angeles Clippers

Kay Felder, PG, Oakland
Philadelphia Sixers from Oklahoma City via Cleveland and Denver

Caris LeVert, G, Michigan
Toronto Raptors

Stephen Zimmerman, C, UNLV
Phoenix Suns from Cleveland via Boston

Joel Bolomboy, FC, Weber State
San Antonio Spurs

Diamond Stone, C, Maryland
Golden State Warriors

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Brown, big physical wings like him can be thrown out there early, I'd expect him to have a similar season to Stanley Johnson. What he becomes depends on his jumper, but I think the best spot for him would be in Phoenix, they have enough shooting on the floor that his lack of a jumper wouldn't be as problematic for his first few years, he'd be able to develop it at a reasonable pace. I think wings like him end up being better in the NBA when there's more spacing for them to drive, the college game is really restrictive and who was the last high profile wing player to have big numbers as a freshman?

You're expecting too much, guys who are as skinny as him are often protected because they can get hurt, the SF spot is extremely physical and you have some of them weighing 240+. It would be different if they play him at SG, because it's not as physically demanding and he's an outlier due to his height and then weight isn't as big of a problem. Why are you talking about PER 36, either he averaged what you said or he didn't :yeshrug:
Im discussing per36 cause my prediction was based on him paying starter minutes, when he did play starter minutes he put up numbers extremely close to what i predicted. Per36 is a respectable stat when it comes to measuring what a player could do given more minutes. Especially in this case, where DLo is expected to play starter minutes and only didnt because b scott was trolling. The only time per36 shouldnt be used is when there are players that clearly cant stay on the court for 36 minutes for whatever reason

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP

Jabari Parker, Ben McLemore, James Harden

and I'll reiterate: I think Jaylen's a bum.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
It's actually a legit rumor that the lakers are shopping dangelo Russell for a pick

Wow!
To Minnesota. Yeah, read up on that. Supposedly LA is really infatuated with Chriss now. If Marquese Chriss goes #2, God help us all recover from dying of laughter.

No. Like I said after D'Angelo snitched, I'm sure the Lakers will entertain the thought of moving him, but they won't do it. Sure you'd be appeasing the locker room, but truth be told, who in that locker room is gonna be around? Randle? Clarkson perhaps? Nance and Anthony Brown maybe? Moving forward, those are the only 5 Lakers worth giving a fukk about right now, so by the time the Lakers are ready to compete, Russell should be able to play so well, the Nick Young incident will be in his rear view mirror.

They've brought in Dragan Bender, Jaylen Brown, and while I still believe that it will be Ingram at No. 2, the Lakers have explored other options. And again I think the concern with Ingram is his lack of strength and how NBA-ready he's going to be because of that. I think more likely the Lakers are trying to pick up another pick in this draft in the top five and the guy that they have that they can shop is D'Angelo Russell, a guy who was their No. 2 pick in the draft last year but burned some bridges in the locker room.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It's actually a legit rumor that the lakers are shopping dangelo Russell for a pick

Wow!
To Minnesota. Yeah, read up on that. Supposedly LA is really infatuated with Chriss now. If Marquese Chriss goes #2, God help us all recover from dying of laughter.

No. Like I said after D'Angelo snitched, I'm sure the Lakers will entertain the thought of moving him, but they won't do it. Sure you'd be appeasing the locker room, but truth be told, who in that locker room is gonna be around? Randle? Clarkson perhaps? Nance and Anthony Brown maybe? Moving forward, those are the only 5 Lakers worth giving a fukk about right now, so by the time the Lakers are ready to compete, Russell should be able to play so well, the Nick Young incident will be in his rear view mirror.
:sadcam:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Bender kinda forces Minny to have to overpay Crabbe or Bazemore but he and Sabonis are exceptions to the rule.

If I'm New Orleans I'm not sure Bender can be passed up in a pairing with Davis

He's incredibly quick for a 7 footer, also going after Crabbe/Bazemore? That would mean Wiggins at the 2? :jbhmm: