The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats funny about this?..

Had byron not toyed around with russell and gave him his proper minutes he would have been deadly close to my prediction.

19/5/6 is russel's floor next season. His per36 last year was higher than harden's 1st two seasons. Im using per36 cause neither played starter minutes

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Floor? So MIP lock right?
Im not saying that, that might be giannis

But just watching every game dude played, he scores so effortlessly. He's a natural shooter but the biggest surprise to me was how well he finished in traffic, alot better than i expected. He just has a great scoring touch.the assist are gonna go up quite easily, he'll finaly be free from byron's offense. Lets not forget, we drafted this dude to be a star so i expect nothing less.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He's physically not ready yet, when dudes are underweight like that they typically play them 1 position down until their body catches up. Look at Wiggins, he played SG his first year and a half and is now moving to SF, Durant played SG his first year in Seattle and Paul George played SG his first two years. The average NBA SF is around 220lbs, he's got a long way to get to that weight in terms of functional strength, he's going to be a very good player, but just assuming he'll be a 15ppg scorer off the bat & pull down 6rpg despite being so skinny is crazy talk.

I'd expect him to have a similar projection as Paul George, start off slow, maybe even come off the bench and start putting it together as his body catches up to his skill.

s_0128_mbball-v-houstonbabtist-cole371.jpg

PG at the same age, similar build, he didn't put up 12/6 till his second season.
My lakers brehs will lose there minds of he comes on as slow as PG tbh. What's your take on Brown? Me being from GA I got to see him quite a bit in HS and he took a step down once he got to the college ranks. I feel like he played below his talent level. Didn't like what I saw out of him in college but it didn't help that Cal played at such a slow pace. I can feel myself getting high on his potential again but I'm not trying to ride the workout hype. What do you think about Brown?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You ever actually watch Thon Maker play in a game? I'm not asking to be a dikk, I'm asking because you have to see him play against some kind of comp to see where his game actually is right now. When he was busting regular high schoolers asses, or playing in some shytty summer league, he looked like a god.

But he's actually not very athletic. He's agile, but not explosive at all, and not tremendously fast. When I see him play in games that have real competition, he can't do all the stuff with the ball he does in workouts.

What I'm saying is, not all of his skills are functional right now. And I'm a little worried that many of them will never be.

:dahell:

nikka tested incredibly at the draft combine.

See the link here: nocookies

Put up HISTORIC numbers for someone his size.

36.5" vertical is impressive for anyone. At 7 feet tall, it's unheard of.

Thon Maker is many things, however, "not very athletic" ain't one of em.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
@tremonthustler1

Apparently Jaylen Brown canceled his workout with the Wolves. He must be feeling pretty confident he's going in the top 4.

Darren Wolfson reported this. Also reporting Boston is bringing back Brown for a second workout. I think it's safe to label him the favorite at 3.

There's also a rumor out there that Phoenix made a promise to Chriss that they'll take him 4

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
@tremonthustler1

Apparently Jaylen Brown canceled his workout with the Wolves. He must be feeling pretty confident he's going in the top 4.

Darren Wolfson reported this. Also reporting Boston is bringing back Brown for a second workout. I think it's safe to label him the favorite at 3.

There's also a rumor out there that Phoenix made a promise to Chriss that they'll take him 4
I've heard the same shyt. Chriss canceled with Minnesota too even though they saw him workout in person.

Bender is suddenly on shaky ground which explains why DX is dropping him. Problem is Bender has only met with 2 teams (Boston has yet to see him).

If the Wolves pass up Hield, Dunn can drop too

Stein from ESPN confirmed Ben Simmons met with Philly on Thursday.