The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Hield don't belong in the top 5. Murray is just as young and already is just as good he's more of a top 5 pick to me. Hield can't create his own shot and now he'll be facing defenders taller than him.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
on the side and all the draft/summer league threads are archived

i didnt...knew he was 3 and D.

What are your thoughts on

Simmons
Ingram
Hield
Dunn
Brown
Murray
Chriss
Sabonis

In the league?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Aren't you special?

It's unfair to single anybody out for projecting Harris as a lottery pick when everybody did

Multiple draft sites, scouts and especially big ten fans knew he was not a lottery pick. Then again, you're the idiot who says Ingram's floor is Tayshaun Prince.

What are your thoughts on

Simmons
Ingram
Hield
Dunn
Brown
Murray
Chriss
Sabonis

In the league?

Simmons- Definitely a talent but his point forward ability is not something to build around without a jump shot or any creativity with his ballhandling. I want my offensive anchor to be able to pull up from multiple spots from the floor, have the ability to excel off ball or post up depending on roster pieces. He should be decent defensively though not elite and I think his rebounding is overstated given that its all physical talent at the NCAA level and not technique.

Ingram- Not an elite shooter but he has an elite pull up game and offensive creativity, plus his pick and roll ability is understated. I think he is a really good second option that you can use on or off ball. Biggest obstacles are weight, of course, and improving his efficiency as I could easily seem him becoming a high volume low efficiency scorer.

Hield- 3 and D guy. I'm not buying him as a slasher or even a Reddikk level shooter. Doesn't move nearly that well off-ball or have that footwork but I do think he has potential as a defender if he puts in the effort. Wes Matthews isn't a bad high end comp.

Dunn- I've been high on Dunn since his junior year after that horrible Kentucky game. Moves like Wade but without any of the strength but is a better shooter than given credit for. I don't mind the turnovers because I think its a product of Providence's roster and system more so than Dunn being sloppy tbh. WIll be elite defensively. I'd bring him in as a 3rd guard and slowly bring him along and let him figure out where his spots on the floor are offensively, In my top 5.

Brown- We all know he has the athleticism and physical measurements. His biggest issue is his IQ and feel, which is tough to gain, even though he is a bright kid. I still fail to see how he doesn't become a high end 3 and D wing given that I simply don't believe he is dumb enough not to learn how to play team ball. Should have more space to play in also but the offensive creativity must improve. I'm taking him top 5 tbh.

Murray- Not a PG nor is he Brandon Roy or Steph Curry. I like him because he can play off and on ball and can obviously shoot well off screens or off pull up and also run PnR. He won't bust in the NBA with those skills. Also has insane coordination, feel, and uses changes of speeds/head fakes to compensate for lead feet. High end role player that can become more if he develops a few moves off the bounce to get him into his sweet spot. Can't teach feel and instinct. Not giving you a damn thing defensively, though.

Chriss- TBH I never watched him during the season. From the footage and other scouting reports, I wouldn't draft him unless I was prepared for him to do nothin on his first contract. He is athletic, can shoot but simply lacks feel, IQ, doesn't defend, rebound nor have outstanding length but maybe his strengths will overcome all that. I think the right team with the right culture and system will have to draft him to maximize his gifts.

Sabonis- Luis Scola. Will have a long career but I'm not taking that in the lottery.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Multiple draft sites, scouts and especially big ten fans knew he was not a lottery pick. Then again, you're the idiot who says Ingram's floor is Tayshaun Prince.

Simmons- Definitely a talent but his point forward ability is not something to build around without a jump shot or any creativity with his ballhandling. I want my offensive anchor to be able to pull up from multiple spots from the floor, have the ability to excel off ball or post up depending on roster pieces. He should be decent defensively though not elite and I think his rebounding is overstated given that its all physical talent at the NCAA level and not technique.

Ingram- Not an elite shooter but he has an elite pull up game and offensive creativity, plus his pick and roll ability is understated. I think he is a really good second option that you can use on or off ball. Biggest obstacles are weight, of course, and improving his efficiency as I could easily seem him becoming a high volume low efficiency scorer.

Hield- 3 and D guy. I'm not buying him as a slasher or even a Reddikk level shooter. Doesn't move nearly that well off-ball or have that footwork but I do think he has potential as a defender if he puts in the effort. Wes Matthews isn't a bad high end comp.

Dunn- I've been high on Dunn since his junior year after that horrible Kentucky game. Moves like Wade but without any of the strength but is a better shooter than given credit for. I don't mind the turnovers because I think its a product of Providence's roster and system more so than Dunn being sloppy tbh. WIll be elite defensively. I'd bring him in as a 3rd guard and slowly bring him along and let him figure out where his spots on the floor are offensively, In my top 5.

Brown- We all know he has the athleticism and physical measurements. His biggest issue is his IQ and feel, which is tough to gain, even though he is a bright kid. I still fail to see how he doesn't become a high end 3 and D wing given that I simply don't believe he is dumb enough not to learn how to play team ball. Should have more space to play in also but the offensive creativity must improve. I'm taking him top 5 tbh.

Murray- Not a PG nor is he Brandon Roy or Steph Curry. I like him because he can play off and on ball and can obviously shoot well off screens or off pull up and also run PnR. He won't bust in the NBA with those skills. Also has insane coordination, feel, and uses changes of speeds/head fakes to compensate for lead feet. High end role player that can become more if he develops a few moves off the bounce to get him into his sweet spot. Can't teach feel and instinct. Not giving you a damn thing defensively, though.

Chriss- TBH I never watched him during the season. From the footage and other scouting reports, I wouldn't draft him unless I was prepared for him to do nothin on his first contract. He is athletic, can shoot but simply lacks feel, IQ, doesn't defend, rebound nor have outstanding length but maybe his strengths will overcome all that. I think the right team with the right culture and system will have to draft him to maximize his gifts.

Sabonis- Luis Scola. Will have a long career but I'm not taking that in the lottery.

:obama:

This is actually pretty good. I dont know i thought you were one of them love and hip hop n*ggas :mjlol:

I disagree on hield. Hes much better than reddikk

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
@Poitier thoughts on Thon Maker ? what do you think he'll be and where should he be drafted ?

Never seen him live. People I respect think he is a bust and at best an energy big.

:obama:

This is actually pretty good. I dont know i thought you were one of them love and hip hop n*ggas :mjlol:

I disagree on hield. Hes much better than reddikk

Hield could prove me wrong and develop a handle and Reddikk like off ball feel but as of now, Reddikk has infinitely better footwork and shot preparation IMO.