The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Next to Towns his defensive liabilities aren't as obvious..next to JV it'd be a feast at the rim...that being said I don't believe for a second you wouLd take him at 5...

Ceiling isn't very high...
I've been saying this about Sabonis all season. I just think his strengths will be what give him a 12-15 year career barring injury. If his rebounding rate carries over, he'll be worth the trouble.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I've been saying this about Sabonis all season. I just think his strengths will be what give him a 12-15 year career barring injury. If his rebounding rate carries over, he'll be worth the trouble.

He's not athletic,he's not a great defender,he's got t-rex arms...there's no way he shouLd get consideration in the top 10....he's a smaller Rafael Araujo.

If ypu want Tyler Hansbrough fr 10 yrs that's fine...but you don't draft him 5th.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
He's not athletic,he's not a great defender,he's got t-rex arms...there's no way he shouLd get consideration in the top 10....he's a smaller Rafael Araujo.
I'm with you on the defensive stuff, but he shouldn't be able to rebound as well as he did given his physical limitations but he did. He's too gifted with the footwork to fail. If all he has to do is add more range to his jumper it's doable. Besides, if you're a blockhead your athleticism means nothing.

Given what bigs will be there at 9, Sabonis compared to the field is a good bet.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm with you on the defensive stuff, but he shouldn't be able to rebound as well as he did given his physical limitations but he did. He's too gifted with the footwork to fail. If all he has to do is add more range to his jumper it's doable. Besides, if you're a blockhead your athleticism means nothing.

Given what bigs will be there at 9, Sabonis compared to the field is a good bet.
Great another 905 product. What's crazy is that there is a big gap between the top 8 and the rest. Raptors just happen to have the 9th pick. I want us to draft skal so I can call him skalabrine when his bust ass fukks up.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Great another 905 product. What's crazy is that there is a big gap between the top 8 and the rest. Raptors just happen to have the 9th pick. I want us to draft skal so I can call him skalabrine when his bust ass fukks up.
If he was a project I wouldn't advocate for him.

As I said earlier, I'd throw in 27 with 9 and offer it to the Kings. They might do it

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

I don't think it's ever a good idea to draft position in the lottery over best talent available...that's how you wind up with Araujo at 8 and out of the league in 2 years...

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If he was a project I wouldn't advocate for him.

As I said earlier, I'd throw in 27 with 9 and offer it to the Kings. They might do it
He'll be a project in Toronto. What other team drafts a 23 year old PG like Delon and stashes him in the d league. Only reason Norm played is because caseys hand was forced due to injuries and he can actually play defense.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He'll be a project in Toronto. What other team drafts a 23 year old PG like Delon and stashes him in the d league. Only reason Norm played is because caseys hand was forced due to injuries and he can actually play defense.

Funny you bring up Norm cuz this kid Sabonis who they're high on is a 6-10 PF with the same wingspan as Powell lol....

And I'm not a shytting you,go look up his measurements...

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I don't think it's ever a good idea to draft position in the lottery over best talent available...that's how you wind up with Araujo at 8 and out of the league in 2 years...
Drafting BPA depends on where your team is as far as building. Toronto is an ECF finalist. BPA can work with a pick you robbed from the Knicks. Minnesota needs to actually build a team now. That means, 4's and 2's primarily. To hell with everything else.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Somebody that is connected to the Pelicans was saying it on the Celtics Reddit board

Apparently it'd be something like Bradley, 16 and 35 for Tyreke and 6

thats a terrible trade for the pelicans