The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
:russ: Not a fan of Fultz going to the Sixers?.

Fultz is my favorite prospect next year. He can be passive and it'd be lame watching him stand around while Ben gets his struggle Lebron on.

Outside of the bigmen, I don't see a good fit with any of the elite 2017 guys and Ben except Monk and Ball.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I don't see that Denzel Valentine and Danny Green comparison. Denzel will never be the three point shooter or defender that Green is. Danny is a career 40% 3PT and one of the best on-ball and transition defenders in the league.

Valentine has more positional versatility, his playmaking will translate. I see him as a Greivis Vasquez or Evan Turner.
I think he will too but if i'm not mistaken the Cavs have his rights and can sign him to a developmental deal, keep his rights for a full year, place him in Canton, and sign him to a deal next summer.

I can't believe they are walking away from Delly. They might keep him and move Delly to more of a 2 and Shump to more of a 3. Rest RJ more throughout the season to preserve him until after the All-Star break.

Irving/Williams/Felder
Smith/Delly/McCrae
James/Shump/Jefferson
Love/Frye/Jones
Thompson/Mozgov or Sanders/Kaun
Isn't RJ retiring? Also, Delly is a restricted free agent I believe bound to get paid. I think him possibly leaving was the reason for scooping up Felder.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Isn't RJ retiring? Also, Delly is a restricted free agent I believe bound to get paid. I think him possibly leaving was the reason for scooping up Felder.

They talked him outta retirement.

And they picked up Felder to give themselves options if the asking price for Delly is too high.

Shump and Delly can play more than one position so if they were to all come back they would just shift more of their time to a different position.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I think he will too but if i'm not mistaken the Cavs have his rights and can sign him to a developmental deal, keep his rights for a full year, place him in Canton, and sign him to a deal next summer.

I can't believe they are walking away from Delly. They might keep him and move Delly to more of a 2 and Shump to more of a 3. Rest RJ more throughout the season to preserve him until after the All-Star break.

Irving/Williams/Felder
Smith/Delly/McCrae
James/Shump/Jefferson
Love/Frye/Jones
Thompson/Mozgov or Sanders/Kaun

I don't think they'd do that with him, he seems to be NBA ready from a body standpoint, playing against D-leaguers wont help him as much as getting to play against the Champs in practice. He looks like he's ready to play and contribute, his biggest attribute will be disruption which he'll have from day 1.

It seems like an insurance policy if the offer on Delly is too much as well, what's the plan with McCrae? I know they like him a lot, do you expect him to get some rotational minutes next year.

Fultz is my favorite prospect next year. He can be passive and it'd be lame watching him stand around while Ben gets his struggle Lebron on.

Outside of the bigmen, I don't see a good fit with any of the elite 2017 guys and Ben except Monk and Ball.

:russ: You really don't like Ben, I'm not that high on him but I do think they'll be able to run offense through him. I think ultimately if Embiid ends up being healthy he's the franchise player for them and Ben is the number 2, and could be the number 3 if they do get Fultz.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't think they'd do that with him, he seems to be NBA ready from a body standpoint, playing against D-leaguers wont help him as much as getting to play against the Champs in practice. He looks like he's ready to play and contribute, his biggest attribute will be disruption which he'll have from day 1.

It seems like an insurance policy if the offer on Delly is too much as well, what's the plan with McCrae? I know they like him a lot, do you expect him to get some rotational minutes next year.

Depends on what they do with Shump. I could see them talking to the Kings...maybe about someone like McLemore or WCS again.

They love McCrae and from whats been out there they want him to get to the point of having rotational minutes. He's just got to earn that in Summer League.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Depends on what they do with Shump. I could see them talking to the Kings...maybe about someone like McLemore or WCS again.

They love McCrae and from whats been out there they want him to get to the point of having rotational minutes. He's just got to earn that in Summer League.

There's gotta be some buyers remorse with Shumpert, especially with how good JR has been in relation to him and he was supposed to be the filler. The Kings have 4 centers now :russ: what was the offer for McLemore?

Your summer league team will actually be good to watch with McCrae and Felder, who would have guessed that would be the case after winning the title :wow: You have some nice youth mixed in with LeBron now too, squad is much younger than his Heat title teams.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Central is the power division now :wow:

Bulls better get ready, not bitter, cause there's some serious weapons in the Central.

Bulls should be getting ready to tear it down and rebuild and let these other teams have at it for next 3-4 years

Get the Dunn/Lavine move done ... be terrible next season, and get a top 5 pick in that loaded draft

Dunn/Lavine/Valentine/Portis (Doug :ld: & Felicio :takedat:) - add a Josh Jackson, have insane capspace next summer, and boom. You got something to work with here

Instead they'll do patch work to this roster in FA and be good enough to get the 9th pick :snoop:

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There's gotta be some buyers remorse with Shumpert, especially with how good JR has been in relation to him and he was supposed to be the filler. The Kings have 4 centers now :russ: what was the offer for McLemore?

Your summer league team will actually be good to watch with McCrae and Felder, who would have guessed that would be the case after winning the title :wow: You have some nice youth mixed in with LeBron now too, squad is much younger than his Heat title teams.

It was Shump/Moz for Kofous/McLemore. Got hung up because Sacramento wanted a future pick.

Kings gotta free up some room for bigs now and the Cavs need a back-up center so it might work now.

Shump was terrible this year. I don't want to speculate but I think he was going through some personal shyt. The Cavs were beyond pissed about his demeanor and the way he was spending his time and questioned his dedication. This was around the time when he was pushing his mixtape heavy.

The funny thing is he puts the work in the gym and weight room but it doesn't translate on the court in live action and he seems to get injured a lot which stalls whatever gains he gets.

Felder, Cook, and McCrae are going to put on a show......Joe Harris is in some hotel in NYC getting fat. :jawalrus:

What a difference a year makes. :lupe:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Bulls should be getting ready to tear it down and rebuild and let these other teams have at it for next 3-4 years

Get the Dunn/Lavine move done ... be terrible next season, and get a top 5 pick in that loaded draft

Dunn/Lavine/Valentine/Portis (Doug :ld: & Felicio :takedat:) - add a Josh Jackson, have insane capspace next summer, and boom. You got something to work with here

Instead they'll do patch work to this roster in FA and be good enough to get the 9th pick :snoop:

I think once Thibs gets a look at Dunn in practice it's pretty much a wrap for that trade, you can't give Thib a PG like that who is has a chance to be elite defensively and not expect him to fall in love.

Drop the asking price for Butler and go after the Celtics stockpile, I'd want Bradley, Smart & 2 firsts. The Central ain't playing any games, Pistons, Pacers, Bucks and the Champs? You can't get caught slippin out there breh :whoa:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think once Thibs gets a look at Dunn in practice it's pretty much a wrap for that trade, you can't give Thib a PG like that who is has a chance to be elite defensively and not expect him to fall in love.

Drop the asking price for Butler and go after the Celtics stockpile, I'd want Bradley, Smart & 2 firsts. The Central ain't playing any games, Pistons, Pacers, Bucks and the Champs? You can't get caught slippin out there breh :whoa:

Thibs LOVES Jimmy too though - from the Celtics I wanted #3 and that pick next year. Nothing else feels like its enough from them

Might have missed our chance to make something happen though

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
It was Shump/Moz for Kofous/McLemore. Got hung up because Sacramento wanted a future pick.

Kings gotta free up some room for bigs now and the Cavs need a back-up center so it might work now.

Shump was terrible this year. I don't want to speculate but I think he was going through some personal shyt. The Cavs were beyond pissed about his demeanor and the way he was spending his time and questioned his dedication. This was around the time when he was pushing his mixtape heavy.

The funny thing is he puts the work in the gym and weight room but it doesn't translate on the court in live action and he seems to get injured a lot which stalls whatever gains he gets.

Felder, Cook, and McCrae are going to put on a show......Joe Harris is in some hotel in NYC getting fat. :jawalrus:

What a difference a year makes. :lupe:

McLemore is a Rich Paul guy, so it explains why his name would even come up as being a potential Cav, plus he does have talent, he's just stuck in the NBA's version of oblivion.

Shumpert is one of the biggest enigma's in the NBA, dude just looks like he should be nice and has the skills & athleticism but it just never makes it to the court. He even gets the "defender" tag and I wouldn't dare call him a great defender.

:dead: @ Joe Harris cot damn, yall have come far.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
Evan Turner is a terrible comparison for Denzel.

for a 1 to 1...yeah...cause Denzel shyts on his shooting ability. ...but with his pension for ball handling and play making, it's in the right direction, even though Denzel shyts on him there too..