The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do not be surprised by Marquise Chriss rise in this draft. He really has one of the highest upsides of anyone in this draft

I didn't really follow NCAAB that closely this season, so I hadn't really heard much about him until recently. Not gonna pretend to be an expert scout or anything (Youtube scouting legend tho :lolbron:) but this kid's athleticism is ridiculous AND he's shown that he can actually shoot 3's a bit too. Still only 18 too.

Hope he's still available for the Raps at 9

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Why is bender so much more highly regarded than Maker?

He's almost a full year younger than Thon, and he's playing against men in a highly regarded league while Thon has looked :ld: against HS talent.

I think Thon has potential, but those highlight vids of him don't paint the picture of the player he actually is. Bender has been on the radar for a while now, and teams don't want to miss on him like they did with KP as another reason.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He's almost a full year younger than Thon, and he's playing against men in a highly regarded league while Thon has looked :ld: against HS talent.

I think Thon has potential, but those highlight vids of him don't paint the picture of the player he actually is. Bender has been on the radar for a while now, and teams don't want to miss on him like they did with KP as another reason.
Even so, I feel like the gap is exaggerated. I got the chance to watch Thin live last summer. He's definitely raw but you just don't see 7 footers do the things he does on court. They are both extremely young raw prospects with big upside. I feel like they are both so young that 8 months age difference is negligible. Plus bender way have been playing better completion but it's not like his numbers were amazing. I think he played like 10 total games in the Israeli league. Plus barely got minutes. I don't bring this up to talk down on Bender. I bring it up cause I don't understand the hate against maker. Seems unfair at this point. Especially since I alone here great things a about his motor and work ethic. I've never seen a +7 footer with elite athleticism, high motor, high work, and potential for deep shooting range be disrespected like thon. I feel like both thin mysterious project bigs with huge potential. Difference is Bender has the dirk effect working in his favor since Zinger came last year

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I haven't read through this thread, but to the Timberwolves fans...

Who do you want at that slot? Jamal Murray might be there, Kris Dunn as well. Are you satisfied with Rubio at the point? Murray doesn't have a great handle despite what you see on highlight films.

The idea of having:
Towns
Wiggins
Lavine
Murray/Dunn

As a core is reminiscent of the early magic squads in terms of overall potential. I think Murray is the better fit for you guys because Rubio can set him up with some open shots.

That shyt is exciting :ohlawd:

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Even so, I feel like the gap is exaggerated. I got the chance to watch Thin live last summer. He's definitely raw but you just don't see 7 footers do the things he does on court. They are both extremely young raw prospects with big upside. I feel like they are both so young that 8 months age difference is negligible. Plus bender way have been playing better completion but it's not like his numbers were amazing. I think he played like 10 total games in the Israeli league. Plus barely got minutes. I don't bring this up to talk down on Bender. I bring it up cause I don't understand the hate against maker. Seems unfair at this point. Especially since I alone here great things a about his motor and work ethic. I've never seen a +7 footer with elite athleticism, high motor, high work, and potential for deep shooting range be disrespected like thon. I feel like both thin mysterious project bigs with huge potential. Difference is Bender has the dirk effect working in his favor since Zinger came last year

Thon isn't fundamentally sound, doesn't have the physicality to be a big man in the league, yet doesn't have the right feel for the game to be this tweener that he wants to be, he's a turnover waiting to happen, his jumper is often suspect, and even though he has a nice handle because of everything I said before he can't really afford to be handling the ball

With more years of experience he can do what Manute did and find a NBA role

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Thon isn't fundamentally sound, doesn't have the physicality to be a big man in the league, yet doesn't have the right feel for the game to be this tweener that he wants to be, he's a turnover waiting to happen, his jumper is often suspect, and even though he has a nice handle because of everything I said before he can't really afford to be handling the ball

With more years of experience he can do what Manute did and find a NBA role
Does bender have the physicality to be a big man in the league? Is he fundamental sound? Etc. you could say the same of bender. Go look at his weakness draft express video. Dude is weak, just as small, also has consistent issues shooting the ball. Has the same issues. I'm not trying to make it seem like maker doesn't have his issues. He does. But why is it when it comes to him all of his issues are under a microscope but with bender is just shrugged off or ignored? Bender is not some automatic from 3. Is not physical at all in the paint either. Also tries to handle and pass like a guard too. He's a better passer than thon, I'll give him that. But thin is a better athlete and has shown more promise as a rim protector. Once again I'm not arguing that Thon is even better than Bender, I'm just trying to note what I believe as hypocrisy.

It's like maker just has a negative stigma around him where people refuse to give him the botd or give him a shot. Same thing happened this summer when I watched him. All the old dudes where trying to shyt in him saying he won't make it anywhere, meanwhile the refused to watch him and see what he could bring to the game. I feel for the young breh

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Does bender have the physicality to be a big man in the league? Is he fundamental sound? Etc. you could say the same of bender. Go look at his weakness draft express video. Dude is weak, just as small, also has consistent issues shooting the ball. Has the same issues. I'm not trying to make it seem like maker doesn't have his issues. He does. But why is it when it comes to him all of his issues are under a microscope but with bender is just shrugged off or ignored? Bender is not some automatic from 3. Is not physical at all in the paint either. Also tries to handle and pass like a guard too. He's a better passer than thon, I'll give him that. But thin is a better athlete and has shown more promise as a rim protector. Once again I'm not arguing that Thon is even better than Bender, I'm just trying to note what I believe as hypocrisy.

It's like maker just has a negative stigma around him where people refuse to give him the botd or give him a shot. Same thing happened this summer when I watched him. All the old dudes where trying to shyt in him saying he won't make it anywhere, meanwhile the refused to watch him and see what he could bring to the game. I feel for the young breh

Bender has the basketball IQ and physical tools to be better sooner than later, and has been playing professional ball for a few years already. Generally speaking when your dealing with big men this is what your looking for. Thon struggled against HS competition and has a few broken tendencies that are harder to fix than Bender.

Thon's still a first rounder, he'll have a chance but I think Bender will get better faster.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

I don't think it's exaggerated at all, Bender shows flashes against men, while part of the reason Skal Labissiere got so much hype over the summer is cause he gave Thon work in practices at the Nike Hoop Summit :ld: Bender has a high chance to be a bust, there's no doubt about that, but there's more certainty on what he can become because people feel like he can be a good shooter & has a more defined skillset, with Thon there's no telling where his game will go. They aren't just looking at the Euroleague, Bender was always good in the U16 & U18 games and always played well or dominated against players his own age which you can't say about Thon. You say you've never seen a 7 footer with all those things, I have, his name was Anthony Randolph :francis: