The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I haven't read through this thread, but to the Timberwolves fans...

Who do you want at that slot? Jamal Murray might be there, Kris Dunn as well. Are you satisfied with Rubio at the point? Murray doesn't have a great handle despite what you see on highlight films.

The idea of having:
Towns
Wiggins
Lavine
Murray/Dunn

As a core is reminiscent of the early magic squads in terms of overall potential. I think Murray is the better fit for you guys because Rubio can set him up with some open shots.

That shyt is exciting :ohlawd:

Addressing PF from a NEED standpoint is the biggest thing they have to do. I think it's gonna come down to how they feel they can address their other needs. They need more big man depth even if they draft one here. Too many unreliable roster spots already used on bigs (Pek, KG and Payne)

Financially it makes more sense to go after a Hield or Murray. The alternative is paying Fournier or Crabbe $11-$13 mil a year to shoot, and that's if they outplay LaVine for starter's minutes. Bender (or Sabonis) are the only exceptions I'd make.

I'm not crazy for Murray (in a way he'd be asked to do the same shyt they'll ask Zach to do) but he's a happy medium who's a combo guard (which they don't have). It's the one advantage Murray has over Hield (Hield and LaVine could never be on the court at the same time.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Addressing PF from a NEED standpoint is the biggest thing they have to do. I think it's gonna come down to how they feel they can address their other needs. They need more big man depth even if they draft one here. Too many unreliable roster spots already used on bigs (Pek, KG and Payne)

Financially it makes more sense to go after a Hield or Murray. The alternative is paying Fournier or Crabbe $11-$13 mil a year to shoot, and that's if they outplay LaVine for starter's minutes. Bender (or Sabonis) are the only exceptions I'd make.

I'm not crazy for Murray (in a way he'd be asked to do the same shyt they'll ask Zach to do) but he's a happy medium who's a combo guard (which they don't have). It's the one advantage Murray has over Hield (Hield and LaVine could never be on the court at the same time.

I like Murray at the 1 for certain teams (Wolves, Bucks, Sixers), for the Wolves you want Towns to be the hub and to emphasize his passing more so Murray makes sense there and we've seen him play some lead guard with Canada's national team.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Bender has the basketball IQ and physical tools to be better sooner than later, and has been playing professional ball for a few years already. Generally speaking when your dealing with big men this is what your looking for. Thon struggled against HS competition and has a few broken tendencies that are harder to fix than Bender.

Thon's still a first rounder, he'll have a chance but I think Bender will get better faster.
I don't think it's exaggerated at all, Bender shows flashes against men, while part of the reason Skal Labissiere got so much hype over the summer is cause he gave Thon work in practices at the Nike Hoop Summit :ld: Bender has a high chance to be a bust, there's no doubt about that, but there's more certainty on what he can become because people feel like he can be a good shooter & has a more defined skillset, with Thon there's no telling where his game will go. They aren't just looking at the Euroleague, Bender was always good in the U16 & U18 games and always played well or dominated against players his own age which you can't say about Thon. You say you've never seen a 7 footer with all those things, I have, his name was Anthony Randolph :francis:
I've never seen a young 7 footer who is described as a player with great athleticism, high motor, with high work ethic get shyt on like thon. I don't think thon is a grand slam pick. I think he could easily be a bust. I just don't see what makes bender so much better than him. Since when has the Euro league been such a solid standard for success? I don't see how people can feel like Bender can be a good shooter but thon can't. Benders shooting has been just as consistent as thons. They both have shown flashes be neither are knock down at this age. What makes Benders shooting more impressive? Bender was dominating euros in the U16 and U18 but was tho not playing better younger competition in America before bender went pro? What makes benders skill set more defined? They both seem like they will be used as stretch 4s. Why is he less of a question mark? I don't see these things :francis:.
Anthony Randolph also averaged 16-9 in college. If he was in this draft he'd probably be picked above both of them:francis:.
Once again I'm not saying this to big up thon. I would t be shocked if both of them were busts. I just don't understand how Bender is looked at as a better prospect cause his limited pt in euro. I think they both are huge question marks. This is the same thing that happened after dirk

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I like Murray at the 1 for certain teams (Wolves, Bucks, Sixers), for the Wolves you want Towns to be the hub and to emphasize his passing more so Murray makes sense there and we've seen him play some lead guard with Canada's national team.
That and Murray can coexist with different lineups and with Thibs he gives his guards the green light to shoot at will

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I've never seen a young 7 footer who is described as a player with great athleticism, high motor, with high work ethic get shyt on like thon. I don't think thon is a grand slam pick. I think he could easily be a bust. I just don't see what makes bender so much better than him. Since when has the Euro league been such a solid standard for success? I don't see how people can feel like Bender can be a good shooter but thon can't. Benders shooting has been just as consistent as thons. They both have shown flashes be neither are knock down at this age. What makes Benders shooting more impressive? Bender was dominating euros in the U16 and U18 but was tho not playing better younger competition in America before bender went pro? What makes benders skill set more defined? They both seem like they will be used as stretch 4s. Why is he less of a question mark? I don't see these things :francis:.
Anthony Randolph also averaged 16-9 in college. If he was in this draft he'd probably be picked above both of them:francis:.
Once again I'm not saying this to big up thon. I would t be shocked if both of them were busts. I just don't understand how Bender is looked at as a better prospect cause his limited pt in euro. I think they both are huge question marks. This is the same thing that happened after dirk
Bender's level of comp is higher. Thon would get more of a look if he was facing a high level of comp (in your defense, Exum and even Antetokounmpo played crap for comp). Thon only gets but so many opportunities to showcase himself and the few times he has recently he hasn't looked good.

He's going from HS to the pros so teams believe everything will be a question mark for him.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

How is Thon getting shytted on? He's viewed as a raw player with potential and the fact that he'll get drafted without having played college or overseas says enough. There's like 10 bigs going slated to go before Thon, there's no idea what kind of player he will be because his skillset is all over the map, we know that Bender will be a faceup 4/5 when he gets to the league, what exactly will Thon be? Don't compare their shooting either, one of them plays with a 22 foot line while the other shoots with a 19'9" line and isn't really all that proficient with it, Thon shot 32% on those. No, I wouldn't say Canadian prep league is better than U18 in Europe, it's damn near the same :russ:

You're basing how Thon looked against HS guys, who weren't even that good, to a guy playing against men. The fact remains that Bender is younger than Thon while having played against better comp, he's a better shooter & rebounder, Thon apparently averaged 11/7 his last year in HS :ld: The Euroleague is 2nd only to the NBA, scouts have gotten better at judging the talent over there :yeshrug: I think Bender has a high chance of being a bust if he's drafted by the wrong team, he's not Porzingis if that's what people are expecting right away.

I doubt Randolph would go over Bender, Chriss has better numbers than Bender, still not going before him.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
How is Thon getting shytted on? He's viewed as a raw player with potential and the fact that he'll get drafted without having played college or overseas says enough. There's like 10 bigs going slated to go before Thon, there's no idea what kind of player he will be because his skillset is all over the map, we know that Bender will be a faceup 4/5 when he gets to the league, what exactly will Thon be? Don't compare their shooting either, one of them plays with a 22 foot line while the other shoots with a 19'9" line and isn't really all that proficient with it, Thon shot 32% on those. No, I wouldn't say Canadian prep league is better than U18 in Europe, it's damn near the same :russ:

You're basing how Thon looked against HS guys, who weren't even that good, to a guy playing against men. The fact remains that Bender is younger than Thon while having played against better comp, he's a better shooter & rebounder, Thon apparently averaged 11/7 his last year in HS :ld: The Euroleague is 2nd only to the NBA, scouts have gotten better at judging the talent over there :yeshrug: I think Bender has a high chance of being a bust if he's drafted by the wrong team, he's not Porzingis if that's what people are expecting right away.

I doubt Randolph would go over Bender, Chriss has better numbers than Bender, still not going before him.
If the bolded is true I retract my argument :deadmanny:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Thon and seventh woods were the first manufactured "YouTube superstars" who people thought were much better then they were because of highlights
Guys like Perry Jones had that title long before these guys, but I definitely agree with the overhyped highlight evaluation. Just saying you gotta acknowledge their forefathers.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
oh so dudes is gonna just ignore me? now I gotta blow this whole thread up.

@tremonthustler1 how you gonna start the draft without me, when I called the sixers before the lottery?

if you were gonna just give the sixers pick to whoever the fakkit is whose dikk youre suckin, then why tag me for this nut ass thread and ask people to pick squads in the same post?

then start the draft without notifying me, then ignore me when I ask what happened. f*ckin L7 ass internet niccas man. this is why I chit on dudes on here.