The Official 2016 NBA Draft Talk Thread

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Evidence :feedme:? Seems raw offensively from what ive seen online

Bender is a much better shooter, passer and post player than Thon at this point. He's dominated internationally in his age group too. Thon is about as raw as it gets right now, he's a great athlete right but he projects as more of an energy big than an offensive threat.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I'm wanting Murray
Realistically he's gonna be the guy should Hield not be there and I'd probably put him over Bender in Thibs' mind because Bender may not contribute as much as a Dunn who did 3 years or Murray who did well or Hield who is a senior. Bender would have to be on some Porzingis shyt to get Thibs' attention and while I think he may be better down the line, Thibs is trying to keep this team from always thinking 3 years away.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Bender is a much better shooter, passer and post player than Thon at this point. He's dominated internationally in his age group too. Thon is about as raw as it gets right now, he's a great athlete right but he projects as more of an energy big than an offensive threat.

Breh look at the weakness half of that assessment. Said breh was a 27% career 3 point shooter. He is not a much better shooter or post player at this point of his career. He is probably a better post player but his post moves are elementary at best. Not nearly advanced enough for it to be a Thon is a much better athlete, on par has a shooter, has a relentless motor and ive only heard great things about his work ethic.

Im not even saying thon is better but i dont see how the gap between the two is top 3 pick for bender to Thon's potential second round grade. I think its politicking to me:yeshrug:. Nba and Ncaa dont like the precedent Thon sent by coming out early so theyre being as negative as possible. Thats what i think anyway:manny:. They are bot mystery prospects, both basically the same size, thon is a better athlete, both have potential as stretch 4s, Thon also has higher potential on defense as a rim protector. The gap should not be as great as it is

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

Breh look at the weakness half of that assessment. Said breh was a 27% career 3 point shooter. He is not a much better shooter or post player at this point of his career. He is probably a better post player but his post moves are elementary at best. Not nearly advanced enough for it to be a Thon is a much better athlete, on par has a shooter, has a relentless motor and ive only heard great things about his work ethic.

Im not even saying thon is better but i dont see how the gap between the two is top 3 pick for bender to Thon's potential second round grade. I think its politicking to me:yeshrug:. Nba and Ncaa dont like the precedent Thon sent by coming out early so theyre being as negative as possible. Thats what i think anyway:manny:. They are bot mystery prospects, both basically the same size, thon is a better athlete, both have potential as stretch 4s, Thon also has higher potential on defense as a rim protector. The gap should not be as great as it is

Yeah Bender is definitely a project and not at all a sure thing, but he definitely has shown much more offensive potential than Thon.

Ive seen thon play a bunch and there's not much there outside of his athleticism (which is very good). He was older than the HS guys he played and didn't really dominate. He's not a good shooter, his shot is shaky and ugly, his handle is very weak and he's clumsy. He's closer to Bruno Caboclo than he is guys like Giannis or KP.

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning if Bender can reach his potential, but there's nothing to suggest Thon has any where near the same type of skill. He's a giant athlete, not a basketball player at this point

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
Man, after seeing the tape of both Ingram and Simmons...Ingram has got the juice. I know you supposedly can't "go wrong" with either player but Ingram will be a monster after a year of struggling and adjusting to defenses.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man, after seeing the tape of both Ingram and Simmons...Ingram has got the juice. I know you supposedly can't "go wrong" with either player but Ingram will be a monster after a year of struggling and adjusting to defenses.

I think it comes down to who has the heart to be better and so far it looks like Ingram....id have them scrimmage against each other if they still do that.