The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
the way pryor playing i dont know to be happy about it or concern about the defense

Ha, I just watched that movie in your avi a few days ago.

But lol, never thought of it that way. If TP is ready then fukk it put him out there, but I really want us to do this like GB did with Rodgers. When he's a 1000% ready we should get him out there. No more destroying QBs for us, we need a guy to hold it down for the next 10+ years so this is an important investment for us.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
NAPA — The more you watch Terrelle Pryor, the more convinced you are that he has a legitimate chance to succeed as a quarterback in the NFL. On Saturday, his wide-ranging talents were on full display before 1,000 or so fans.
Coach Dennis Allen also took note of Pryor’s performance, in particular a long throw to rookie wide receiver Brice Butler on a post route.
The ball traveled 60 yards or so in the air and found Butler in stride at the goal line for a touchdown. The fans excitement began with a low rumble as Pryor released the ball, it built as the ball neared its intended target and reached a crescendo when Butler made the catch and landed in the end zone.
“That deep ball was a heck of a play and heck of a throw,” Allen said. “All Terrelle’s got to do is keep his head down and keep working. He has improved and he’s gotten better every day. And that’s what we expect.”
Pryor completed numerous other passes and even showed off his running ability from time to time, when called plays broke down.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraide...-and-observations-from-camp-day-8/#more-21805

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/scott-bair/pryor-pistol-raiders-building-special-package-athletic-qb

Pryor in the Pistol: Raiders building special package for athletic QB

NAPA –Terrelle Pryor likely won’t be the Oakland Raiders starting quarterback when the regular season begin, but that doesn’t mean he’ll be super glued to the sideline.

The 24-year old has had an impressive start to training camp, showing vast improvements in accuracy and decision-making. While Pryor’s still taking second-team reps behind presumptive starter Matt Flynn, sometimes unsure in his reads and sometimes late delivering the ball, his superiors have been impressed by his progress.

New offensive coordinator Greg Olson said this offseason that he planned to design packages that take advantage of Pryor’s athleticism.

On Saturday afternoon, Pryor confirmed it.

“The packages we’re talking about have a lot to do with our offense,” Pryor said. “We’re still going down the field with the ball. We’re still throwing timing routes. It’s just a package to get me on the field, and run the same plays that Matt Flynn, Tyler Wilson and Matt McGloin are running. It’s the same stuff. It’s just me, that and some pistol stuff. Stuff like that.”

The versatile pistol offense has become popular in the NFL recently, and works best with an athletic quarterback who can run well and throw downfield. Several teams use it as a base formation at times, including the San Francisco 49ers, Carolina Panthers, Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins.

The read option, a trendy aspect of the pistol, involves a quarterback who decides what to do with the ball based on how defenders react, is typically run professionally by quarterbacks that match Pryor’s skill set.

There’s no telling exactly how much pistol a Pryor package would entail, when it would be used (the red zone, anyone?) or how often.

If practice is any indication – preseason games will be a more accurate marker – Pryor is better prepared for increased role than he was last season.

“I think Terrelle’s progressing,” head coach Dennis Allen said. “All he has to do is keep his head down and keep working. But he has improved, and he’s gotten better every day. That’s what we expect.”

I spoke to Pryor and quarterbacks coach John DeFilippo about the mechanics behind Pryor’s improved accuracy and poise. Look for a longer story bright and early Monday morning at CSNBayarea.com and CSNCalifornia.com.