The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Apparently the take on this guy is he's perfect for the zone blocking scheme.

I thought we were getting away from that bullshyt.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
1253885876_suicide.gif

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just to let you guys know that I'm not homer I think EJ is going to be horrible. I wouldn't BS you guys about this I think Watson will be solid. Yes, he's very raw, but he's a hard worker and extremely athletic. Dude's been playing football for like 2 or 3 years and was instantly FSU best OL on a line that was solid.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Just to let you guys know that I'm not homer I think EJ is going to be horrible. I wouldn't BS you guys about this I think Watson will be solid. Yes, he's very raw, but he's a hard worker and extremely athletic. Dude's been playing football for like 2 or 3 years and was instantly FSU best OL on a line that was solid.

Strengths: • Prototypical length and frame
• Athletic freak
• Displays good flexibility
• Smooth, fluid hips
• Outstanding ability to adjust, mirror, and recover
• Elite agility and speed
• Great in pass protection
• Nice awareness; head on swivel and picks up blitz
• Good hands; extends and locks on
• Light on his feet
• Instinctual
• Solid run blocker
• Love his footwork
• Ridiculously high upside
• Room to develop strength and body mass
• Elite skill set

Weaknesses:
• Inexperienced - only 17 career starts
• Too upright in pass protection
• Natural knee bender?
• Plays with narrow base
• Legit durability concerns
That's Bruce Campbell's scouting report. Sounds like the same person to me.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
traded down to draft this dude in the second round who u could have got in the 7th..

should have went with keenan allen.. u need a fuking receiver.. this team will finish 4-12 again

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think you guys are having a solid draft so far :yeshrug:

I know I'm going to be seen as biased but I think ya'll got great value with Hayden. If it weren't for the injury he'd have gone higher. I understand ya'll are worried about the injury but as someone said it would take another freak hit for that to happen again. I'm sure he can wear some kind of chest plate if it helped ease everyone's mind.

I would tell you where he's garbage at but he really doesn't have a glaring weakness. Coming into the year I would have said his hands were a weakness (not to be confused with ball skills) since he dropped quite a bit of easy interceptions last year and even early this past year but he really started to capitalize on his instincts around the UCLA game which was the 3rd game of the season I believe. BTW UCLA kicked the shyt out of us. We basically had 3 guys come to play on defense that night and if it weren't for DJ's turnovers we would've gotten beat a lot more.

He can play man and zone effectively unlike most corners. CUSA is a spread passing conference so he has had plenty of opportunities to be exposed if he was a fraud. He has great recovery speed as he showed in the Penn St game. Physical corner which made the pre draft criticism that I heard surprising. He is really good at pressing receivers and re-routing them. Got in trouble the first few games with pass interference calls down the field due to him being a tad bit physical (although I thought a couple were bs calls, I know shocking). Has good instincts and won't hesitate to jump a route which results in a lot of pick 6 opportunities. Right before the week he got hurt he got hot and had 3 interceptions in 2 weeks including 2 returned for touchdowns. He's also a willing tackler. Gruden's comments surprised me. I'm surprised he chose to focus on his "lack of willingness to tackle" as opposed to him completely shytting on Quinton Patton for 4 quarters. For the record La Tech destroyed our defense to something like 59 points and everyone on their offense went off... except for Patton who had like 35 yards.

Here's some highlights and some film. Hope ya'll can tell by my post count I wouldn't type all of this for some scrub ass dude. Congrats on the pick.

Last edited by a moderator: