The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Good Pick and the ability to get the 10th pick in the second round is winner ONLY IF WE GET A QUALITY DEFENSIVE LINEMAN, SAFETY OR A OUTSTANDING RECEIVER.

Why draft at number 3 and have to pay number 3 money for the same type of player u can get at 12.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
i'm so happy yall... i hope they address that dline in the 2nd round or trade back and get some more picks...

daps all around

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DJ hayden almost died :damn:

Not a bad pick tho :ehh:

Yall gona pick up geno when he falls to the third? :lolbron:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
DJ hayden almost died :damn:

Not a bad pick tho :ehh:

Yall gona pick up geno when he falls to the third? :lolbron:

unlikely since they used a pick to get flynn. dont see them making any headlines in taking a qb unless it's in the much later rounds

DLine, Safety or Wr like my brethren said... honey badger is good value in the 3rd rounnd

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
unlikely since they used a pick to get flynn. dont see them making any headlines in taking a qb unless it's in the much later rounds

DLine, Safety or Wr like my brethren said... honey badger is good value in the 3rd rounnd

Damontre moore is still around breh :ehh:

What about cyprien tho? hes the highest rated safety left.

Man this draft is deep with depth yall made a good move to pick up a second by trading out of the third.

But why wont yall give my boy pryor a chance? :to:

Clowney coming brehs :noah:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Damontre moore is still around breh :ehh:

What about cyprien tho? hes the highest rated safety left.

Man this draft is deep with depth yall made a good move to pick up a second by trading out of the third.

But why wont yall give my boy pryor a chance? :to:

Clowney coming brehs :noah:

I'm pretty sure Pryor will have a chance to compete with flynn.. nobody is deeming flynn the starter... but if you saw pryor's limited game film, he has wheels, he has a strong arm, but he throws a lot of floaters on the short/intermediates. I haven't seen him show the ability to throw in tight windows with some zip... nor many lead passes.

i haven't seen him in practice but i know mckenzie and the coaching staff has... they have expressed concerns... i must defer to them cuz i never saw an NFL caliber qb when he was at OSU

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm pretty sure Pryor will have a chance to compete with flynn.. nobody is deeming flynn the starter... but if you saw pryor's limited game film, he has wheels, he has a strong arm, but he throws a lot of floaters on the short/intermediates. I haven't seen him show the ability to throw in tight windows with some zip... nor many lead passes.

i haven't seen him in practice but i know mckenzie and the coaching staff has... they have expressed concerns... i must defer to them cuz i never saw an NFL caliber qb when he was at OSU

Yea i think all those floater are all about his bad footwork, because i know he has a strong arm. Saying that if you guys are in a position to get bridgewater next year.. whould you do it?

I would :manny: i know you dont want to lose that many games but the raiders have to many holes to be contenders for at least 2 more years.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
If, And, But: The Oakland Raiders Will Be in the Playoffs in 2013

Silver and Bleak?

That's an unfortunate nickname for the Oakland Raiders. But it seems to fit as of late.

Way back in 2002, quarterback Rich Gannon helped lead the team to Super Bowl XXXVII.

Since 2003, the Raiders are 49-111 and have gone 10 straight seasons without a winning campaign.

And there was more disappointment in 2012 as the team finished 4-12 after showing some signs of improvement the previous two years.

But Reggie McKenzie has been a busy general manager this offseason.

And the Oakland Raiders will be in the playoffs for the first time since 2002…

If: New quarterback Matt Flynn, obtained from the Seattle Seahawks via trade in April, can come in and be efficient. Carson Palmer did throw for 4,018 yards last season and completed 61.1 percent of his throws. But his 22 touchdown passes were offset by 19 turnovers (14 interceptions, 5 lost fumbles). Of course, Palmer also didn't get a great deal of support from the Oakland ground attack as only four teams in the NFL ran for fewer yards than Dennis Allen's club in 2012.

And: The Oakland defense comes together. To say that the Raiders will have a few new faces on this side of the football would be an understatement. Left defensive end Lamarr Houston and strong safety Tvyon Branch look like the lone incumbents on a unit that gave up 46 offensive touchdowns. Free agency brings a whole new linebacking corps in Nick Roach (Bears), Kaluka Maiava (Browns) and Kevin Burnett (Dolphins). There are also new cornerbacks in Tracy Porter (Broncos) and Mike Jenkins (Cowboys). Get the picture?

But: If talented running back Darren McFadden can't stay on the field for an entire season then it's hard to imagine the Raiders making that much of a jump in the standings. And the first-round pick in 2008 has yet to play all 16 games for the team in any of his first five NFL campaigns. The team did sign free agent running back Rashad Jennings (Jaguars) to back up McFadden but it's certain that Allen would like to see less of the reserve performer in 2013.

So what do you think? This looked like a team that was making some strides. The Raiders did finish 8-8 in both 2010 and 2011 and that first year the club was a perfect 6-0 vs. the division. Of course, that was also a few head coaches and quarterbacks ago. And moving up in the AFC West could be easier said than done these days. But is the Silver and Black again ready to commit to excellence?

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Yea i think all those floater are all about his bad footwork, because i know he has a strong arm. Saying that if you guys are in a position to get bridgewater next year.. whould you do it?

I would :manny: i know you dont want to lose that many games but the raiders have to many holes to be contenders for at least 2 more years.

i think it's a combo of footwork and mechanics, moreso on mechanics

i want the team to be competitive this season... but that might not happen if the qb position and dmac are not giving what we need from a production perspective.. plus the defense is still a work in progress

if we dont have a solution at qb going into the draft next year... clowney or bridgewater seem to be options reggie will have to seriously consider. team wil be flush w/ cap space next season

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
What's wrong with that? Oh cuz Al dead we can't draft no more questionable characters? The cheaper the better imo. :yeshrug:

Breh picture this nikka in coverage :flabbynsick: But I'm with you on the cheap part if we can get him in the later rounds.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
BIzoz9-CMAAb3zW.jpg:large

:smugbiden: