The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Raiders came within two minutes of taking Hayden at No. 3

How badly did the Raiders want cornerback D.J. Hayden? Badly enough to take him with the third overall selection, if they weren’t able to trade down.

According to Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports, the call from the Dolphins regarding a possible trade came with two minutes left in the 10-minute window.

And if the call hadn’t come, which resulted in the Dolphins moving from No. 12 to get defensive end Dion Jordan, the player who nearly died last year after a fairly routine collision in practice would have been taken by the Raiders at No. 3.

Oakland had no concern about someone else taking Hayden before No. 12, but with strong indications emerging on Thursday that the Raiders wanted Hayden, the risk arose that someone else would trade up and leapfrog Oakland.

In the end, it didn’t happen. And the Raiders move forward with a player who can help keep Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, and Alex Smith from scorching the Oakland secondary.

Rick Roller 10

All Star
Daps
Raiders came within two minutes of taking Hayden at No. 3

How badly did the Raiders want cornerback D.J. Hayden? Badly enough to take him with the third overall selection, if they weren’t able to trade down.

According to Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports, the call from the Dolphins regarding a possible trade came with two minutes left in the 10-minute window.

And if the call hadn’t come, which resulted in the Dolphins moving from No. 12 to get defensive end Dion Jordan, the player who nearly died last year after a fairly routine collision in practice would have been taken by the Raiders at No. 3.

Oakland had no concern about someone else taking Hayden before No. 12, but with strong indications emerging on Thursday that the Raiders wanted Hayden, the risk arose that someone else would trade up and leapfrog Oakland.

In the end, it didn’t happen. And the Raiders move forward with a player who can help keep Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, and Alex Smith from scorching the Oakland secondary.

:heh:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Wanted to get a pass rusher first, but I guess we can get a good one in the second round. Floyd and Star dropped so late because of their work ethics. Plus Floyd got those short arms. Hayden :yeshrug: shytty as we were last year on D he can't do anything but help us. The injury he had was a freak accident and shouldn't affect his play.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I hope he really is medically cleared to play, that's some scary shyt fukk the football shyt I don't want nobody dyin out here. :whoa:

I like the 2nd rounder, wish we could find our way to a 3rd rounder or back into the 2nd. I want us to get Honeybadger somehow, he'd make a nice playmaker in the secondary and return man.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I hope he really is medically cleared to play, that's some scary shyt fukk the football shyt I don't want nobody dyin out here. :whoa:

I like the 2nd rounder, wish we could find our way to a 3rd rounder or back into the 2nd. I want us to get Honeybadger somehow, he'd make a nice playmaker in the secondary and return man.

:scusthov:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Braugh lemme tell you that shyt is RARE. I talked to cardiologist at our school dude said you get that you die and for that to happen it needs to be perfect angle speed and placement since your heart is so well protected. He said its 99.9% nothing will ever happen again but you never know. If we was our top rated and player nd many experts had him #1 cb i cant be mad we even got a 2nd rounder on top of it

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Braugh lemme tell you that shyt is RARE. I talked to cardiologist at our school dude said you get that you die and for that to happen it needs to be perfect angle speed and placement since your heart is so well protected. He said its 99.9% nothing will ever happen again but you never know. If we was our top rated and player nd many experts had him #1 cb i cant be mad we even got a 2nd rounder on top of it

I hope so, but that's some scary ass shyt I was like damn when Mayock was tellin that story. :huhldup:

But from what I'm seeing and hearing he sounds like a playmaker. If we get some killer D-Linemen and LBers we should be in business on the first half of the defensive rebuild. Next year get a few more playmakers on defense. Maybe a ballhawk safety to go along with Clowney. :myman:

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I hope so, but that's some scary ass shyt I was like damn when Mayock was tellin that story. :huhldup:

But from what I'm seeing and hearing he sounds like a playmaker. If we get some killer D-Linemen and LBers we should be in business on the first half of the defensive rebuild. Next year get a few more playmakers on defense. Maybe a ballhawk safety to go along with Clowney. :myman:

reggie rebuilding us got faith in him :salute: