The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Getting rid of the shytty qb and the even shyttier OC were olive branches to get out of the quicksand of ineptitude. Drafting Floyd to sure up the run will be another branch. The lifesaver will be getting a linebacker core that is actually functional. Things are looking up. I don't know much about Flynn but I know he can't be worse than Palmer. Good to get that money off the books, now it's time to get rid of Rolondo's dumb ass.

smh, I had such high hopes for Rolando. Oh well, everything must go. When this defense is built normally and not on some backwards outside-in type shyt.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Finally he's gone. No more late game clutch interceptions, no more terrible overthrows. The era is over, now I can have more empathy for my Raiders. I went numb towards them with all the front office ineptitude of the last 2 years from the bad draft picks to the awful signings. Things are starting to look up. I think we should draft Floyd or Milliner and take the best outside linebacker available in the 3rd round.

you're what is known around these parts as a Front Runner, p*ssy boy. the simple fact that only the last 2 seasons made you numb proves you aren't a real fan. You aren't in any Raider threads with regularity, bytch

:pacspit: @Blackthoughts girl's face

Last edited by a moderator:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
are you drunk or high? because you're sitting there trying to compare what the raiders should do to what the niners currently have. it's a luxury to have patrick willis and guys like that don't grow on trees. as i've stated several times before, the raiders are always a day late and a dollar short with their draft picks. that mcclain pick was obviously inspired by the niners taking willis in 07.

mckenzie is doing what he can with the current cap situation. would i have liked to see them go after ellerbe w/ the cap they had? Hell yes, but what good is he going to be w/o a Ngata and Kruger on the DL? Raiders have too many holes and they must first address the defensive line.

Lechler is entering the 13th season of his pro career. he'll be fukking retired by the time the raiders become contenders again... and for somebody who is so cap conscience and being so opinionated what players are worth, you saying $4MM is justified for the punter is mind boggling.

:wtf:
your condescending tone is getting tiring

you have a point that he will be old before they are contenders

but my concern with players worth money is relative.
I have zero problems with paying an extra mil a year for a player whos the best in the league

just like I believe qb is an overrated position, kickers and punters are underrated.

theres a big difference in overpaying, say, a safety that isnt a top 3 safety, 4 milly a year... and overpaying 1.5 mil for the best player at his position

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:obama: Really like the Porter signing. Another great low risk, high reward signing. Plus, always nice to see a SB winner on the team. Our secondary can't get any more worse than last season right? lol And :salute: to McKenzie and the new regime for having the balls to cut their losses. :smh: Worst trade ever.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
The Raiders remained primarily in a defensive stance with regard to free agency Wednesday, announcing the signing of cornerback Tracy Porter.

Porter, whose pending deal with the Raiders was first reported by ESPN, is the seventh defensive player added to the roster since free agency began.

Given how thin the Raiders are at cornerback, Porter, 26 and coming off an injury-plagued season, with the Denver Broncos, is a likely starter. The only other cornerbacks on the current roster are Chimdi Chekwa, Brandian Ross and Phillip Adams, who have a combined total of four NFL starts.

A veteran of 43 starts over five seasons, Porter has eight career interceptions and two regular-season touchdowns, not including a 74-yard interception return against Peyton Manning for the New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl XLIV.

Raiders coach Dennis Allen was the defensive backs coach for the Saints when Porter was a starter there.

Last season, Porter experienced had issues with seizure-like symptoms in August and October and was limited to six games and four starts. When his medication was regulated and Porter returned to action in December, he sustained a concussion that sidelined him for the rest of the season.

Since free agency opened, the Raiders have signed linebackers Kaluka Maiava (Cleveland), Nick Roach (Chicago) and Kevin Burnett (Miami), defensive tackles Pat Sims (Cincinnati) and Vance Walker (Atlanta) and defensive end Jason Hunter
Denver).

Offensive tackle Alex Barron (St. Louis) is the lone offensive free agent signed from outside the organization.

Nine Raiders who were either released or had their contracts expire have signed with other teams: punter Shane Lechler (Houston); safety Michael Huff (Baltimore); defensive end Matt Shaughnessy (Arizona); tight end Brandon Myers (N.Y. Giants); running back Mike Goodson (N.Y. Jets); defensive tackle Desmond Bryant (Cleveland); linebacker Philip Wheeler (Miami); safety Mike Mitchell (Carolina); and wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (Colts).

-- Quarterback Matt Flynn will wear No. 15 for the Raiders. He is the fourth quarterback in franchise history to wear No. 15, joining Jeff Hostetler (1993-96), Mike Rae (1976-77) and Tom Flores (1960-66).

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
@NFLDraftBites: "#Dolphins have engaged Raiders & Browns in preliminary discussions about trading up. Targeting an Offensive Tackle or Dee Milliner"
:leon: I wouldn't mind doing this if we can stock pile picks would be fine.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
They have the 12th, 2 2nd's and 2 3rd's. Not sure if I'd do it for a 1st and 2nd, but if they threw in a 3rd I'd take it.

I'm sorry, but if you can move down only 9 slots AND pick up a 2nd round pick in the upper middle of that round, you DO IT! beggars can't afford to be picky

i wouldn't trade the pick with a team in the afc..

there's a good franchise defensive player we can get at # 3

I don't see a haloti ngata available in this draft... maybe that kid from Utah but that heart condition still concerns me

we have to get more picks and let reggie build through the draft. we need football players and there is great value in the 2nd round

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
raiders-fan-crazy-scary-skulls.jpeg

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Victor Cotto ‏@cottovic
Per ESPN’s John Clayton, the Oakland #Raiders will have about $69 million in cap space for 2014. #RaiderNation McKenzie fixed Davis' mess.
The Oakland Raiders’ salary-cap troubles have been well documented.

But after paying the price for years of wild spending, the Raiders will be paroled from salary-cap jail. Next year, after shedding several contracts and being unable to build their program by keeping their own coveted free agents, the Raiders will be in better shape.

ESPN’s John Clayton has a strong grasp on the salary cap and figures that Oakland will have about $69 million in cap space for 2014. That number will likely change based on several things, but it is clear that Oakland will have an abundance of cap room next year as it continues to rebuild its roster. For the first time since Reggie McKenzie took over as general manager in 2012, Oakland will not have to cut players to get under the cap.

Before you start fantasizing about a Pro Bowl stable of free agents coming to the East Bay, a surplus of cap room doesn’t automatically mean that team can sign all the best players. Many teams have cap space good enough to do what they wish; some don’t use their surplus just because they have it. Jacksonville, for example, still has more than $25 million remaining in cap room for this season but has completed virtually all its significant spending.

I expect McKenzie to take a measured approach next year with his newfound salary-cap good fortune. He cut his teeth in Green Bay under Ted Thompson -- who built Green Bay into an elite team by not pursuing outside free agents and keeping his best players.

That’s how McKenzie aims to operate.

So there's no reason to think that good homegrown players will leave the Raiders after the 2013 season. They don’t have a ton of core players, but there are some. Defensive lineman Lamarr Houston, offensive lineman Jared Veldheer and Stefen Wisniewski and receiver Denarius Moore are among the players who should be in line for long-term contracts as the Raiders build from within. Running back Darren McFadden is entering the final season of his contract and if he can stay healthy, Oakland will likely be interested in keeping him.

Once the Raiders identify these types of players and lock them up, Oakland will complement the roster with some outside purchases. But it starts from within for McKenzie.

Two things have hurt Oakland: past wild spending on veterans and poor first-round drafting. We’ve seen that with the departures of such players as Richard Seymour, Tommy Kelly, Carson Palmer, Darrius Heyward-Bey and the likely release of Rolando McClain. Had those players not crippled Oakland’s cap, the Raiders would have been able to keep solid players such as Philip Wheeler, Desmond Bryant and Brandon Myers in free agency this year.

This nasty process has depleted Oakland’s roster. The healing begins next year, when Oakland won't be motivated by pure financial necessity and can start making prudent decisions to build the franchise the right way.
:whoo: :wow: :clap: for McKenzie, our real savior :blessed:

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
i don't think ya paid attention when I said greg LOLson is the OC.

he's worse than knapp. he has no imagination. his gadget plays are predictable. the run game will be abandoned quickly. the deep passing game will be non-existent.

dennis allen just got his pink slip with that hire.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
i don't think ya paid attention when I said greg LOLson is the OC.

he's worse than knapp. he has no imagination. his gadget plays are predictable. the run game will be abandoned quickly. the deep passing game will be non-existent.

dennis allen just got his pink slip with that hire.

I might have to see it to believe it first hand because Knapp was beyond terrible. I'm just happy the Raiders are going to be running the power running scheme again for McFadden. Its going to be a bad and rebuilding year, so its :yeshrug: From what I heard that Olsen was good at developing QB's. Plus, he had that very good year with the Rams in the mid 2000's. And with the Buc's too 3 seasons ago, but it seems like teams get really bad after the 1st year with him. But, :leostare: I will be paying attention closely. But, I don't know, Knapp was :trash: as fukk, but if Olsen can top him, than that will be pretty damn impressive. :laugh: