The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
yall need to fix the same goddamn problem yall had for 10 years....a GODAWFUL run defense.

it all starts there on D.

thanks for that epiphany because I think most Raider fans didn't know that already :aicmon:lol

it's going to be a process to get all the check collectors davis amassed over the seasons and replace them with "football players". also gone is davis' archaic defensive scheme but they still need guys in the secondary who can make tackles. currently it's only branch so it's going to take times. but you are not saying anything we don't know already

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
thanks for that epiphany because I think most Raider fans didn't know that already :aicmon:lol

it's going to be a process to get all the check collectors davis amassed over the seasons and replace them with "football players". also gone is davis' archaic defensive scheme but they still need guys in the secondary who can make tackles. currently it's only branch so it's going to take times. but you are not saying anything we don't know already

well I know raider fans know the problem, more like the FO doesnt want to acknowledge it...they did it once when they got mcclain but ever since that failed they kinda swept it under the rug, shuffling bunch of LBs around like beds in a wack brothel, hoping that would somehow magically fix itself.

fukk it, honestly, yall could use a total rebuild. there arent many players where you can say 'shyt Im set here and Ill do the next rebuild keeping this guy in place'. lechler couldve been one of those guys...but we know how that went

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
well I know raider fans know the problem, more like the FO doesnt want to acknowledge it...they did it once when they got mcclain but ever since that failed they kinda swept it under the rug, shuffling bunch of LBs around like beds in a wack brothel, hoping that would somehow magically fix itself.

fukk it, honestly, yall could use a total rebuild. there arent many players where you can say 'shyt Im set here and Ill do the next rebuild keeping this guy in place'. lechler couldve been one of those guys...but we know how that went

what are you talking about? The FO just wrapped up their 1st full season and replaced essentially all the backers from the Davis Era. They are deliberately holding onto McClain to fukk him over and to see if there's a market for him. I don't blame them for doing that. He will eventually be blackballed from the league, just wait.

and the Raiders are doing exactly what you suggest, a total rebuild. Who gives a fukk about Lechler? $4MM per season for a punter is NEVER justified. Davis was damn senile the last few seasons of his life.

They should keep Jano simply due to the history that follows. He'll go down as the all time point leader in Raider History.

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
With Flynn at quarterback are we staying with the westcoast or are we going back to the vertical passing game?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
what are you talking about? The FO just wrapped up their 1st full season and replaced essentially all the backers from the Davis Era. They are deliberately holding onto McClain to fukk him over and to see if there's a market for him. I don't blame them for doing that. He will eventually be blackballed from the league, just wait.

and the Raiders are doing exactly what you suggest, a total rebuild. Who gives a fukk about Lechler? $4MM per season for a punter is NEVER justified. Davis was damn senile the last few seasons of his life.

They should keep Jano simply due to the history that follows. He'll go down as the all time point leader in Raider History.

They're replacing backers but they don't have an idea of what they're doing, IMO. We'll see I guess. And I don't see anything wrong with paying any position money as long as the value is right. Lechler could argiuably be called the best punter in history, and 4m isn't that much more then what good punters get nowadays...down the road when y'all become contenders again, and every yard becomes important...you'll want him back, I promise you

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
They're replacing backers but they don't have an idea of what they're doing, IMO. We'll see I guess. And I don't see anything wrong with paying any position money as long as the value is right. Lechler could argiuably be called the best punter in history, and 4m isn't that much more then what good punters get nowadays...down the road when y'all become contenders again, and every yard becomes important...you'll want him back, I promise you

are you drunk or high? because you're sitting there trying to compare what the raiders should do to what the niners currently have. it's a luxury to have patrick willis and guys like that don't grow on trees. as i've stated several times before, the raiders are always a day late and a dollar short with their draft picks. that mcclain pick was obviously inspired by the niners taking willis in 07.

mckenzie is doing what he can with the current cap situation. would i have liked to see them go after ellerbe w/ the cap they had? Hell yes, but what good is he going to be w/o a Ngata and Kruger on the DL? Raiders have too many holes and they must first address the defensive line.

Lechler is entering the 13th season of his pro career. he'll be fukking retired by the time the raiders become contenders again... and for somebody who is so cap conscience and being so opinionated what players are worth, you saying $4MM is justified for the punter is mind boggling.

:wtf:

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
i suspect WCO

I suspect that that too being he (Flynn) was with the packers for so long. I prefer going back to the vertical being offensive excelled along with the power running scheme. I guess will see how the offense looks running the westcoast in consecutive years. Do you know what type of scheme Olson ran In Carolina ?I'm assume he westcoast guy being i know for certain he has ties in Sf and he worked under mariucci in Detroit, I could be wrong but he fukked with Martz too I'm not sure that's why I'm askin

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
carson palmer is gone :blessed:

320x240px-LL-6fb1e0c2_nodgif.gif

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Finally he's gone. No more late game clutch interceptions, no more terrible overthrows. The era is over, now I can have more empathy for my Raiders. I went numb towards them with all the front office ineptitude of the last 2 years from the bad draft picks to the awful signings. Things are starting to look up. I think we should draft Floyd or Milliner and take the best outside linebacker available in the 3rd round.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Finally he's gone. No more late game clutch interceptions, no more terrible overthrows. The era is over, now I can have more empathy for my Raiders. I went numb towards them with all the front office ineptitude of the last 2 years from the bad draft picks to the awful signings. Things are starting to look up. I think we should draft Floyd or Milliner and take the best outside linebacker available in the 3rd round.

I'm not gettin rid of the numbness until I see some positive results. Gettin rid of that shytty qb was a great step forward.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I'm not gettin rid of the numbness until I see some positive results. Gettin rid of that shytty qb was a great step forward.

Getting rid of the shytty qb and the even shyttier OC were olive branches to get out of the quicksand of ineptitude. Drafting Floyd to sure up the run will be another branch. The lifesaver will be getting a linebacker core that is actually functional. Things are looking up. I don't know much about Flynn but I know he can't be worse than Palmer. Good to get that money off the books, now it's time to get rid of Rolondo's dumb ass.