The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali

:salute: to Lord McKenzie :ohlawd:
:whew: These 2 trades to get Fynn and Palmer have been genius. Even if Flynn flops and does bad, Flynn is a lot more cheaper and has a chance to show what he has as a starter. Plus, if he continues to stock pile draft picks and hit on his draft picks. :obama: Great job he has done so far. Really the only negative move he might have made was that big contract he gave Branch last offseason, but restructuring it a season later. But, :salute: to Branch for restructuring and staying with us, always been a fan of his, would have sucked if he was cut.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
:salute: to Lord McKenzie :ohlawd:
:whew: These 2 trades to get Fynn and Palmer have been genius. Even if Flynn flops and does bad, Flynn is a lot more cheaper and has a chance to show what he has as a starter. Plus, if he continues to stock pile draft picks and hit on his draft picks. :obama: Great job he has done so far. Really the only negative move he might have made was that big contract he gave Branch last offseason, but restructuring it a season later. But, :salute: to Branch for restructuring and staying with us, always been a fan of his.

w/ this much cap room, as a season ticket holder last year who is holding out until after the draft, if they did what it took to sign woodson and asomugha would be enough to have me renew.

do it, reggie

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
w/ this much cap room, as a season ticket holder last year who is holding out until after the draft, if they did what it took to sign woodson and asomugha would be enough to have me renew.

do it, reggie

:ehh: From McKenize's past, he doesn't really sign big name free agents really. For the most part, he likes the waiting game and will wait until late in free agency when players realize there real worth and find out they aren't worth what they believed and come on the cheap is how he likes to operate and does most of his business through the draft. Nnamdi will probably go to an contender, I'm thinking the Saints because of his relationship with Rob Ryan or might go to the Niners. C-Woodson wants to go on a contender, but I wouldn't be that surprised if he somehow signs back with us, McKenize was the one that got Woodson to sign with the Packers when he was a FA, so they have a really good relationship. I would love for them to come back, but they are both older now and want to get that last big pay check and try to get a ring though.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
Y'all think Streater can be a #1 receiver?

nah, ford will still be the #1 going into camp... he just needs to find a way to stay healthy

but streater is a legit 2 (bcuz he's on the raiders) whereas he'd be a slot receiver elsewhere

i just hope criner improves cuz he has big play ability

Denarious Moore had an off season last year but dont sleep on him. He was lookin nasty when Jason Campbell was throwing to him. I hope Ford can stay healthy because he is a threat, Streater is legit and hopefully Criner will get some playing time because he was getting hyped up in training camp like he was a beast but never got a chance.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Ok .. Now the QB situation is taking care of let's focus on the real needs

1. Cornerback 2. Defensive Lineman 3. Tight End/ Receiver
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the first pick of the draft i wouldn't mind seeing dee milner the cornerback from alabama or sharrif ford from florida.. Both look like franchise players.. If they draft either of them 2 i'm cool.. the other guys i've seen from d-lineman or cornerback prospective are players who has potential to become great..

after one of them picks the 3rd round pick should be either another CB or D-lineman or safety

Then the rest of the picks should be receiver/tight end and d-lineman.

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland

Now the first pick of the draft i wouldn't mind seeing dee milner the cornerback from alabama or sharrif ford from florida.. Both look like franchise players.. If they draft either of them 2 i'm cool.. the other guys i've seen from d-lineman or cornerback prospective are players who has potential to become great..

after one of them picks the 3rd round pick should be either another CB or D-lineman or safety

Im not a fan of using our 1st pick on a CB. nnamdi asomugha was elite but that didnt stop us from being garbage. I want a nasty d-line. Draft Floyd, Star, etc..

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Raiders coach Dennis Allen says the team’s trade for quarterback Matt Flynn does not demonstrate a lack of confidence in Terrelle Pryor.

Allen said after the Flynn trade became official today that Pryor could still win the starting quarterback job in Oakland if he has an impressive offseason. And even if Pryor doesn’t win the starting job, it’s possible that he’ll get regular playing time if the Raiders decide to build a package of plays using the same kind of spread offense that Pryor successfully ran at Ohio State.

“I think we still feel positive about giving Terrelle Pryor an opportunity to compete and specifically having a package of things that he can do really well and giving him an opportunity,” Allen said. “So I don’t know that there’s a whole lot that’s changed as far as the mindset of what we feel like we can do offensively.”

Allen did not answer directly, however, when asked whether Pryor and Flynn would get an equal opportunity to win the starting job in training camp, and Allen said he hasn’t talked to Pryor about the Flynn trade.

“I have not talked to Terrelle as of this moment. I anticipate getting in contact with Terrelle and visiting with him on the situation,” Allen said. “I don’t think there’s been a whole lot of change as far as what our plan is from the quarterback’s perspective. We still want to have competition. I think the more competition we can grow with the quarterback position, the better that we’re going to be. I think once we get Matt in here, we get an opportunity to really start to work with him, I think all those things will sort themselves out. I don’t really get into all that at this point in time because I think what happens is the cream is always going to rise to the top. I think that’s what’s going to happen. The great thing for us is we don’t play a game until September. When we start getting into regular-season games, I promise you, we’ll have a plan.”

That plan will probably involve Pryor spending most of his time on the sideline — but getting a few plays a game taking shotgun snaps.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Good luck to him. I think he'll do well with Indy.
--------------------------

Darrius Heyward-Bey lands with Indianapolis Colts

The Indianapolis Colts have continued their extremely active offseason by reaching a contract with former Oakland Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey.

The team announced the move on Monday night. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that it's a one-year contract worth up to $3 million and includes a $1.5 million signing bonus, according to a source who saw the contract.

Free-agent tracker
NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...
"We feel great about acquiring a talented player in Darrius Heyward-Bey," general manager Ryan Grigson said in a statement released by the team. "He's big, strong and shows toughness in traffic and after the catch. He's got elite finishing speed that's as good as there is in the NFL.

"With this staff, this team and overall culture we're building here in Indy, we felt strongly that he was the right player and person at the wide receiver position for us moving forward."

Heyward-Bey chose the Colts over the Detroit Lions, who he visited with last week. Heyward-Bey called the idea of playing in Detroit "very appealing," though the same thing can be said about playing in a Colts offense that should play to his strengths.

Heyward-Bey replaces Donnie Avery in Indianapolis and likely will start opposite Reggie Wayne, serving as a downfield playmaker for quarterback Andrew Luck.

Heyward-Bey was the seventh overall pick in 2009 NFL Draft, but he never came close to matching expectations in Oakland. In 56 games, he had 140 receptions for 2,071 yards and 11 touchdowns. He caught 41 passes for 606 yards and five touchdowns in his fourth and final season with the Raiders.

Heyward-Bey now gets a golden opportunity to resurrect his career playing alongside one of the game's best young quarterbacks. We'll see if his takes advantage of the reset button.

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
Good luck to him. I think he'll do well with Indy.
--------------------------

Darrius Heyward-Bey lands with Indianapolis Colts

The Indianapolis Colts have continued their extremely active offseason by reaching a contract with former Oakland Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey.

The team announced the move on Monday night. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that it's a one-year contract worth up to $3 million and includes a $1.5 million signing bonus, according to a source who saw the contract.

Free-agent tracker
NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...
"We feel great about acquiring a talented player in Darrius Heyward-Bey," general manager Ryan Grigson said in a statement released by the team. "He's big, strong and shows toughness in traffic and after the catch. He's got elite finishing speed that's as good as there is in the NFL.

"With this staff, this team and overall culture we're building here in Indy, we felt strongly that he was the right player and person at the wide receiver position for us moving forward."

Heyward-Bey chose the Colts over the Detroit Lions, who he visited with last week. Heyward-Bey called the idea of playing in Detroit "very appealing," though the same thing can be said about playing in a Colts offense that should play to his strengths.

Heyward-Bey replaces Donnie Avery in Indianapolis and likely will start opposite Reggie Wayne, serving as a downfield playmaker for quarterback Andrew Luck.

Heyward-Bey was the seventh overall pick in 2009 NFL Draft, but he never came close to matching expectations in Oakland. In 56 games, he had 140 receptions for 2,071 yards and 11 touchdowns. He caught 41 passes for 606 yards and five touchdowns in his fourth and final season with the Raiders.

Heyward-Bey now gets a golden opportunity to resurrect his career playing alongside one of the game's best young quarterbacks. We'll see if his takes advantage of the reset button.

Good Luck to DHB he should have rolled with Detroit with Matt throwing 40 times a game and Megatron doubled every possession he would been eating good on the field and would have get number 1 wr money or similar deal to what Laurent got from the Jags money time his contract was up.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Good Luck to DHB he should have rolled with Detroit with Matt throwing 40 times a game and Megatron doubled every possession he would been eating good on the field and would have get number 1 wr money or similar deal to what Laurent got from the Jags money time his contract was up.

DHB will have a productive season simply based on the fact he has Reggie Wayne on the other end of him, playing on turf and Andrew Luck throwing him the ball.

But considering that was the best deal he could get, league minimum should give the al davis fanboys an idea of what his market rate is. THERE WAS NO WAY he was going to restructure his contract to 1.5MM because his cap hit would not have changed much.

He's a slot receiver at best that allows offenses to stretch the field. He is never going to be a bonafide #1 like some morons suggest he is capable of. He's very similar to Willie Gault in terms of his playing ability (which is not a bad thing) but Willie always caught w/ his body and that prevented him from truly utilizing his blessed speed

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Denarious Moore had an off season last year but dont sleep on him. He was lookin nasty when Jason Campbell was throwing to him. I hope Ford can stay healthy because he is a threat, Streater is legit and hopefully Criner will get some playing time because he was getting hyped up in training camp like he was a beast but never got a chance.

he's had an "off season" every season he's been in the league. when i say "off", i mean "off the field". He's a small receiver that sacrifices his body a lot. Last season's injury during a preseason game was not something I thought he'd miss so much time with. he had good chemistry w/ bum-er.

and criner had his opportunies last season but squandered them during the game. he had a great camp so i remain hopeful he's just not a camp stud.

whether pryor or flynn start, they will run a lot of short/intermediate route offense this season. ford is the only true deep threat but he sacrifices his body too often to remain healthy. i hope w/ him, they run a lot of bubble screens and slants and let him run after the catch.

i like streater's chance of starting all season simply due to his ability to run block better than criner and moore

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

yall need to fix the same goddamn problem yall had for 10 years....a GODAWFUL run defense.

it all starts there on D.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Matt Flynn vs New England highlights

I wanted to see the NE Game since I already seen the Detroit game. Flynn seems to make the right decisions most of the time. While he doesn't have a cannon arm, he does have good zip to go along with his above average accuracy. Check out 1:43 mark for the TD pass. Not sure what he was thinking on that interception though and I realize NE defense was ass that season..

he's okay in terms of athleticism and avoiding the pass rush. He's better than Bum-er at a fraction of the price.