The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

holidayinn21

:SmugMoneyMike:
Daps
Reppin
The mutha****in BX
I might have to see it to believe it first hand because Knapp was beyond terrible. I'm just happy the Raiders are going to be running the power running scheme again for McFadden. Its going to be a bad and rebuilding year, so its :yeshrug: From what I heard that Olsen was good at developing QB's. Plus, he had that very good year with the Rams in the mid 2000's. And with the Buc's too 3 seasons ago, but it seems like teams get really bad after the 1st year with him. But, :leostare: I will be paying attention closely. But, I don't know, Knapp was :trash: as fukk, but if Olsen can top him, than that will be pretty damn impressive. :laugh:

olson's success was when scott linehan gave the OC duties to him in the middle of the season. so olson was using linehan's playbook. the next year they were trash. that was no coincidence.

he tried to turn freeman into rich gannon.

this was opening day of the 2011 season:
PriscoCBS Pete Prisco
Chris Houston told me they knew what Tampa Bay routes were coming, same as last year. Not good endorsement for play-calling

this is all u need to know about him:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3MktSo5vw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3MktSo5vw[/ame]

i'm just giving ya a warning. every bucs fans on this board will tell u the same shyt I'm telling you.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
:whoo: :wow: :clap: for McKenzie, our real savior :blessed:

fukk John Clayton.

McKenzie helped create the "mess" by cutting and releasing players that he didn't have to. He "improved" an 8-8 team to 4-12. He also had the bright idea to hire Knapp. Let's not act like he's god. He hasn't proven shyt.

The Raiders could be 4-12 in five years and people would still blame Al Davis.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
fukk John Clayton.

McKenzie helped create the "mess" by cutting and releasing players that he didn't have to. He "improved" an 8-8 team to 4-12. He also had the bright idea to hired Knapp. Let's not act like he's god. He hasn't proven shyt.

Yup, he really hasn't done anything that special. He's gotten ride of dead weight that any us could have done. I like that he hasn't thrown money at useless names, but I wanna see the direction he takes with the draft to start praising him. Oh and he better not sign anymore players cut from the Packers practice squad.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
fukk John Clayton.

McKenzie helped create the "mess" by cutting and releasing players that he didn't have to. He "improved" an 8-8 team to 4-12. He also had the bright idea to hire Knapp. Let's not act like he's god. He hasn't proven shyt.

hey skooby, rather than fukking john clayton, why don't you fukk off w/ your sheep mentality. How can you shyt on having in excess of $60MM in cap space in 2014?? Especially when Veldheer, DMC, Houston are up then? Those are the types of guys you keep on the team.

The Raiders are less than 2 years removed from Al Davis passing and you're already talking some 5 years down the road bullshyt like you have a crystal ball. You want the masses to believe it was Reggie's doing that he inherited a team that was 30 fukking million dollars over the cap? What the fukk was he supposed to do except cut bad salaries and dead weight? It was Reggie who orchestrated the worst trade in Raider history, right?

You still crying like a baby about DHB, Huff and Lechler being released like they were kin. Al Davis mortgaged the future (what we're experiencing today) the last few years of his life desperate for a final run at the super bowl. None of those guys will have any draw to attract potential free agents like a Pro Bowl RB, Pro Bowl caliber LT and DL.

SMH @ bytching about players who were grossly overpaid and giving minimal production when the team wasn't going to win with them to begin with. It's because of sheep like you who turned a blind eye to Al Davis' shenanigans that attributed to the current state of the Raiders. That stupid mentality of "we dont rebuild, we reload" bullshyt.

Sport franchises are like buildings, you can't build on top of a rotten foundation. You have to demolish the whole foundation and start from scratch. Since Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen left, Al Davis has been trying to build on rotten foundation. Consumed by hate and remorse for jettisoning Gruden out of town.

The last time the Raiders were worth even speaking of was the blueprint of Jon Gruden's and Bruce Allen's doing. But you're sitting here bytching about how an 8-8 team regressed to 4-12. How about being pissed that the team hasn't had a winning record since the Gruden/Allen era?

I swear man, some of you fans are still in denial that Al Davis fukked this team up before his death

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Yup, he really hasn't done anything that special. He's gotten ride of dead weight that any us could have done. I like that he hasn't thrown money at useless names, but I wanna see the direction he takes with the draft to start praising him. Oh and he better not sign anymore players cut from the Packers practice squad.

he inherited a roster 30M dollars over the cap his 1st season. SMH

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
i don't think ya paid attention when I said greg LOLson is the OC.

he's worse than knapp. he has no imagination. his gadget plays are predictable. the run game will be abandoned quickly. the deep passing game will be non-existent.

dennis allen just got his pink slip with that hire.

nobody here for a second believes that this team is a new OC away from being a playoff contender. it's pathetic to read some of the Nation comments... impatient like Al Davis...

There weren't that many OC candidates to begin with who had NFL experience willing to come to the Raiders. Not w/o a stud QB who can help them get their next level job of becoming a Head Coach.

Dennis Allen is doing the best he can with what he has. Let the man build up his defense with his type of players before writing him off.

SMFH

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
he inherited a roster 30M dollars over the cap his 1st season. SMH

What wrong with what I said, I know he inherited cap hell and he did what he had to do and cut the dead weight. I have no problems with anyone he cut this offseason. But I'm not gunna praise him for that, when anyone in his position would have done the same. I didn't like that he cut DVD and Check early last season, when they made no money, just to bring in some Packer rejects.I didn't like bringing in Knapp when any Raider fan could have told you he was trash.

I like what I'm seeing so far this offseason but I wanna see what happens with the draft. Not everyone expects an immediate turnaround. I'm prepared to suffer for another couple seasons and let him build the team. But don't expect everyone to sing his praises at this point.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
fukk John Clayton.

:childplease: DHB, Huff, Kelly, Seymour, etc. were overpaid and took up a bunch of cap room, and we had no direction at all. And yes we went 8-8, but we didn't make the playoffs, and our defense was, just like last season terrible, and Kelly, Seymour, etc. were responsible for it and they were taking up cap space and overpaid. The team actually has a future and a long term plan now, something we hadn't had since the Gruden days. Even though we had all those losing seasons since the 2003 Super Bowl, there was no long term plan for this squad at all, with no rebuilding plan at all. Al was great, did a lot of great things, but he mortgaged the Raiders future by overpaying for players and bad drafting yearly, which killed the Raiders cap room, with no flexibility. Hue Jackson did a nice job and I will even admit that he maximized the players talent on offense, but fukk him, especially for trading for over the hill Carson Palmer. And how did McKenzie create this mess though? :wtf: The team actually has a plan and a future now, something they hadn't had since 2003. We are about to have like 70 mill in cap space for next season, I don't know how you can't hate on McKenzie? Yes, we gotta see how he does in drafting and the way he uses the cap space, but just look at his work and resume with the Packers all those years, I'm confident he knows what the fukk he is doing. :smh: The team actually has a plan and a future now, and yall still ain't satisfied? We ain't going to be good for the most part next season, but I fukks with McKenzie and he has a long-term plan, something we haven't had in a long, long time.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Reggie McKenzie Has Had Great Offseason for Oakland Raiders
General Manager Has Been Very Aggressive so Far

COMMENTARY | Reggie McKenzie knew the disaster he was walking into when he took the job as general manager of the Oakland Raiders 15 months ago.

McKenzie was left with far too many overpaid players and hardly any draft picks. He had to get rid of players like Stanford Routt, Michael Bush and Kamerion Wimbley just to make last year's payroll.

The man inherited a financial nightmare.

In his second offseason as general manager of the Raiders, McKenzie has made some head-turning decisions.

He failed to re-sign Philip Wheeler, Brandon Myers and Desmond Bryant, Oakland's top three free agents from last season.

He also cut the ridiculous contracts of Tommy Kelly, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Michael Huff.

In the beginning of free agency, McKenzie picked up mediocre veterans for cheap because the team is in far too deep in dead money.
However, McKenzie has brought in some bargain talent as well.

He was able to sign a very versatile and underrated linebacker in Nick Roach, and a Super Bowl-winning cornerback in Tracy Porter.

But McKenzie's biggest move was trading Carson Palmer and his $13 million contract to the Arizona Cardinals.

In the process, he was able to bring an unproven Matt Flynn to fill Palmer's shoes. Though it's still to be seen if this move was a good one, McKenzie saved the team millions by getting rid of Palmer's burden of a contract.

Needless to say, the Raiders have had one of the busiest offseasons of any team in the NFL, and McKenzie isn't finished yet.

The Raiders are still in talks about inquiring former Dallas Cowboys cornerback Mike Jenkins, and it wouldn't be surprising at all to see McKenzie pull the trigger to bring the veteran to Oakland.

McKenzie has taken some serious heat from critics this offseason, myself included.
I wasn't a fan of his initial signings of Kaluka Maiava, Pat Sims and Jason Hunter and I'm still not.

But after the last couple of weeks, McKenzie has built depth on this team, and he's saving money in the process.

He's gashing every tie from the Al Davis regime and building a new identity for a franchise associated with excruciating negativity.

McKenzie proved he could build a winner in Green Bay.

He left one of the best front office jobs in the NFL to come to an Oakland franchise that was on the verge of self-imploding. The man knows what he's doing.

It's going to take one more year for McKenzie to rid the franchise of the millions and millions of dead money it's tied down to, but the team is heading in the right direction.
McKenzie has proven he's not afraid to do whatever he wants, and with the draft only three weeks away, who knows what tricks he has up his sleeve.

All we can do is wait. And hope.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
McClain, such a disappointment. How come we always miss on "sure fire" pick? I guess that's why character plays such a big role in the draft today.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
‏@NFLDraftBites
@raiderfaninoz Miami wants an Offensive tackle. View Browns & Raiders as trade partners. They are negotiating the two off each other.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
Nation Brethren:

I was just asked to participate in a survey from the Oakland Raiders about what things I would like to see and what different seating options I would consider purchasing at a new stadium in Oakland. There were many disclaimers that the proposed seating plan is just a mock scenario (but let me tell you, there were many similarities of the new Niner stadium displayed). Also, being a local resident, I know for damn sure that there has been ZERO progress on a new stadium deal with the City of Oakland.

They renamed PSL's (personal seat license) to SBL's (stadium builders license) but it's all the same shyt as far as owning the rights to the seats and transferring them within family blah blah. Most of the survey was to identify what price points us season ticket holders would be agreeable to as well as if finance/payment plans were available, would it make it more enticing. 8% interest, not ridiculous but hardly a bargain for strong prime borrowers like myself.

I'm not saying with certainty that the Raiders are going to be tenants at the Niners' new stadium, but... if I were a betting man, the chances of that happening seems better especially after taking that survey. It was not a short one either, they really tried to get into your head with the very similar seating option proposals but at like $10 increments of pricing each time I said "will not purchase".

For those of you who have been to the O.Co... it's a freaking dump. CRT TV's, terrible concession stands, nasty bathrooms, shytty jumbotron (if you can call it that)... so bad that every video feed they play up there is in widescreen and gets cut off since their "jumbotron" is not at 16:9 ratio.

Not to mention that god forsaken baseball diamond throughout the first month of the regular season. (longer if the A's make the playoffs)

Being that I live in the South Bay, I would not oppose a move to Niner stadium. Especially since that would piss off the whiner fans HAHAHA (Raider fans would get to experience the same amenities at a fraction of the SBL price than that of the niner fans lol)

and I'm digging the new direction of the team... not upset about that Flynn move at all. I just might renew my season tickets since my tax return was pretty good pending they dont fukk this draft up.

RAIDER NATION ALL DAY EVERYDAY, fukk the pretending fans