The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Mike Jenkins, Oakland Raiders agree to contract

With the quarterback position finally settled, the Oakland Raiders are continuing to re-tool the rest of the roster. The latest addition is cornerback Mike Jenkins, who signed a one-year deal according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport. The story was first reported by ESPN.

Jenkins, the 25th overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, made the Pro Bowl in 2009 as a member of the Cowboys. His play declined over the last few years, but he's a smart low-cost gamble by Oakland for a team that is desperate for cornerback help.

Rapoport notes that Jenkins passed up a potential multi-year deal with the idea that he could hit the market again next year. Jenkins and fellow Broncos signee Tracy Porter will be trying to revive their careers on one-year deals. They might both wind up starting. Now all they have to do is stop the Denver Broncos offense twice a year.

King Poetic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I been thinking with the 3rd pick and since the signing of mike jenkins for 1 year and tracy porter the raiders are going defensive lineman.. Now i don't have no problem with shariff Ford at 3 but this dude has come into the picture for me STAR LOTULELEI OUT OF UTAH

I know teams are scared because of his heart condition due to a viral infection and 2 doctors have cleared him, but this dude i wouldn't have a problem with picking..

Hard worker, already married and 2 kids and he got the attitude of just playing football and non of that off the field B.S. u have to put up with..it's like all he care about is football and that's the fuking player i need in oakland..

I don't know shariff ford off the field habits and i didnt see too much of florida football but nothing beats having a player like Star who i believe unlike ford will stay in oakland when his contract is up

20130120-125006.jpg

King Poetic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raiders agree to deal with Seneca Wallace

The Oakland Raiders have settled on Seneca Wallace as their third quarterback, per Jason LaCanfora of CBSSports.

The Raiders apparently chose Wallace over Tyler Thigpen as they were looking for another quarterback to go with Matt Flynn and Terrelle Pryor.

Wallace, who has played for the Seattle Seahawks and the Cleveland Browns, was out of the league last year.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
I don't think Pryor is going to get his shot as Raider QB. He must be really bad in practice. Don't think they feel like they should be teaching a QB how to throw the football and improve footwork. Plus I think Reggie wants his picks here and is weeding out most the Al guys.

King Poetic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raiders sign S Reggie Smith, RB Rashad Jennings

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- The Oakland Raiders have signed safety Reggie Smith and running back Rashad Jennings to free agent contracts.

General manager Reggie McKenzie announced the deals Thursday.

Smith played four years with San Francisco after being a third-round pick in 2008. He had two interceptions and seven passes defensed in 45 games. He was with Carolina in training camp last year but was cut before the season.

Jennings replaces Mike Goodson as the backup to Darren McFadden. He has rushed for 944 yards and seven touchdowns and caught 61 passes in 38 games with Jacksonville.

After missing the 2011 season with a knee injury, Jennings returned to play 10 games last season and start six. He averaged just 2.8 yards per carry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT BIG NAMES BUT SECOND TIER PLAYERS WHO WILL WORK AND PLAY HARD FOR BETTER CONTRACTS NEXT YEAR..

PLUS THERE'S SO MANY NEEDS. LET'S SEE IF ANY OF THEM WILL PAN OUT

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported earlier in the offseason that the Oakland Raiders had "preliminary" conversations about bringing in free-agent quarterback Vince Young for a workout.

On the heels of an impressive showing at the University Texas Pro Day late last month, the Raiders followed through on that workout Thursday. Young and former Baltimore Ravens backup Troy Smith both auditioned for the Raiders, Rapoport reported.
Free-agent tracker
NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...

"Heard Vince looked good," Rapoport added.

Young will have to prove that he's made strides in accuracy and picking up NFL verbiage, but he does have the rise of the read-option offense in his favor as he attempts his comeback.

The Raiders opted to take a pass on signing Seneca Wallace as a backup quarterback, perhaps due to their interest in Young.

If Oakland does add Young to the quarterback stable, it would seem to confirm a Yahoo! Sports report that there is "much organizational skepticism" about Terrelle Pryor, a draft pick from the Al Davis regime.
:beli: Vince Young though? I guess they really are going with the redemption theme/low risk, high reward players for free agency than. I guess better than Seneca Wallace.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pryor scored 3 touchdowns.. You telling me vince young is better than him now:stopitslime:

Why wont yall ever give pryor a shot? :why:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pryor scored 3 touchdowns.. You telling me vince young is better than him now:stopitslime:

Why wont yall ever give pryor a shot? :why:

I don't get it either. We literally have nothing to lose. Even the biggest raider stans know we're gonna suck next year.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I don't mind Vince Young if his mind is right. Yall really need to stop cysing Pryor like he's Aaron Rodgers in the making or something. Let him develop he's not ready.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't mind Vince Young if his mind is right. Yall really need to stop cysing Pryor like he's Aaron Rodgers in the making or something. Let him develop he's not ready.

Breh these coaches will never give a shot, hes gona be "developing" right out of the league

Honestly if he plays 2 things happen.

Hes actually good and the raiders have qb of the future :ohlawd:

Hes trash and you get Clowney da gawd :ohlawd:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me, the best and fastest way to let him develop is to make him the starter. It's also the best way to fully evaluate him as well.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly the raiders ceiling is 7 wins this year, its the truth breh :to:

Might as well develop young guys and get ready for Lawrence taylor the second next year :blessed: