The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
lol, I'm talkin 3rd 4th round. Honestly 3rd is a stretch but I can see a team taking a chance. I'd like for this team to have playmakers everywhere, what's speed if you don't make plays. Naturally talented football players on the defensive end and depth at both line positions should be the theme for the draft. If Reggie can trade down and pick up a 2nd then its a god-send.

i dont think he'll be around in the 3rd... he graded out exceptionally well at the combine and if he did well in his interviews... i could see teams like the niners who have an abundance of picks, take a splash and snag him in the 2nd round.

raiders have so many holes to fill that if they can move down in the draft, and pickup another late round or high 2nd round pick... like poetic said, we need a milner type DB...

but honestly, they should be drafting DL DL with their 1st 2 picks

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
i dont think he'll be around in the 3rd... he graded out exceptionally well at the combine and if he did well in his interviews... i could see teams like the niners who have an abundance of picks, take a splash and snag him in the 2nd round.

raiders have so many holes to fill that if they can move down in the draft, and pickup another late round or high 2nd round pick... like poetic said, we need a milner type DB...

but honestly, they should be drafting DL DL with their 1st 2 picks

I'm hoping we can trade down and get more picks. Any expendables that can get picks should be traded. A younger retooled defense with playmakers on the first and second level. :blessed:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
it's like I said last year, Knapp should have installed some red zone packages for Pryor because Carson and his receivers were absolute trash in the red zone last season.

hopefully with Sparano and the new OC, they are smart enough to realize to put some packages in for Pryor and let the kid work! with his feet...

can you imagine a triple option type play with Pryor and DMC???

BOTH can throw the rock too... just sayin

Terrelle Pryor is still developing a lot, but he is athletic as fukk, and they should take advantage of that. From an athletic standpoint and speed wise, he is as good as any QB in the league, now he just needs to develop as a QB, and he still has a lot of time. Even if it was one game, in that Chargers game, he was making the defense look real slow with his feet. Putting him in the redzone in the 4th quarter, when older defenses are tired is when DA should use him too. And Knapp was just garbage, I ain't even a Palmer fan, but the Raiders played there best when Palmer made the calls and audibles against the Steelers in the 4th quarter. I still have no clue why Knapp changed to that zone blocking when DMC is a power scheme RB. DMC was mad confused, he couldn't find any holes at all the whole season last year. I just hope they find a back-up for DMC that can run the power running system. But, Pryor and DMC together :obama: I like what McKenzie has done so far, he really knows what he is doing and actually has a plan.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
I'm hoping we can trade down and get more picks. Any expendables that can get picks should be traded. A younger retooled defense with playmakers on the first and second level. :blessed:

hell yeah. looks like LB is settled for this season.. a mix of young players, players out to prove something and a vet to help out. DL, and Secondary... those are the priorities...

got to retool that defense and give Allen/Tarver some toys to play with. They should be better in their 2nd season but a lot of issues last season weren't scheme, but execution. they can't tackle for their players.. from what i saw, more times than not, they were in positions to stop the play but failed to do so

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
hell yeah. looks like LB is settled for this season.. a mix of young players, players out to prove something and a vet to help out. DL, and Secondary... those are the priorities...

got to retool that defense and give Allen/Tarver some toys to play with. They should be better in their 2nd season but a lot of issues last season weren't scheme, but execution. they can't tackle for their players.. from what i saw, more times than not, they were in positions to stop the play but failed to do so

Its the same story it's always been. Missed tackles, open holes, terrible play in the secondary. Any player that can be coached up and fixed keep em but if it's a lost cause trade em for whatever pick you can get.

Rick Roller 10

All Star
Daps
it's like I said last year, Knapp should have installed some red zone packages for Pryor because Carson and his receivers were absolute trash in the red zone last season.

hopefully with Sparano and the new OC, they are smart enough to realize to put some packages in for Pryor and let the kid work! with his feet...

can you imagine a triple option type play with Pryor and DMC???

BOTH can throw the rock too... just sayin

:whoa: Please dont mention Greg Crapp.. im trying to slowly forget that guy exists.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:pachaha: Speaking of Flynn, I forgot he was Jagarbage Russell's back-up in LSU. :scusthov: But, I really like this signing. Plus, Flynn was backing up Rodgers and was a team player being a backup for Russell. Plus, he has a ring at least too. And had 3 good games against the Pat's and Lions as a Packer. He may seem like a system QB, and doesn't have a really good arm really, but he is solid all around. :obama: Just hopefully we can surround him with the right talent too and get some WR's and a TE in FA that is still on the market for cheap. Nice rebuilding effort by McKenzie. :salute:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Lettuce be cereal Pryor wasn't going to get a chance to start with Picker still around.
Now with Picker gone he's got a chance to get the starting job:obama:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
I dont know who majority of niner fans are, but Im definitely worried about the seahawks and never said otherwise

lastlimp2inch, thatknickfan (go figure), :pacspit: @FaTaL (lol clown), dza, saysumthinfunnymike, ronnie lott (fukk my dad)... oh yeah i'm keeping track

:lift:

Last edited by a moderator:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lastlimp2inch, thatknickfan (go figure), :pacspit: @FaTaL (lol clown), dza, saysumthinfunnymike, ronnie lott (fukk my dad)... oh yeah i'm keeping track

:lift:

:russ:

fukken raider trash

:mjpls:

no lame faider fans allowed in our new stadium after next season

eat your hearts out

while you 2-30 the next two years

mckenzie secretly works for jed york

^5

great job your doing there in oaktown

:laff:

Last edited by a moderator:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
:russ:

fukken raider trash

:mjpls:

no lame faider fans allowed in our new stadium after next season

eat your hearts out

while you 2-30 the next two years

mckenzie secretly works for jed york

^5

great job your doing there in oaktown

:laff:

you live in salinas, so stfu

:pacspit: :piss: Salinas and all their broke ass niner fans

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
for real, do u like what mckenzie is doing?

it's better than what Al was doing the past 10 years after Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden were jettisoned.

At least it's a real attempt at a rebuild and not bandages year over year... Al knew he was mortgaging the future with those ridiculous contracts he dished out.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 15m
With the Raiders on verge of a trade for Matt Flynn, the Cardinals are nearing a deal for former Raiders starter Carson Palmer.