The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

King Poetic

The Monkey in the Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Could Texans coaching search affect whether Raiders make coaching change?

With the news that ESPN listed three former Oakland coaches as top candidates for Houston's newly vacated head coach it created a question of if their search could end up affecting the Raiders. One of the top names on their board of candidates is quite possibly the top name on Mark Davis' list of potential replacements for Dennis Allen.

The name of that coach will simultaneously get a chorus of "hell yes" and sighs of "move on already". The name of that coach is of course the revered by many, and yet loathed by some, Jon Gruden. Every year he is rumored to be interested in a return to coaching and this year might be the loudest yet of such claims.

The question that his possible interest in the Texans job brings up is whether that could force the Raiders hand on what they will do with Dennis Allen. There are plenty of reasons to believe that D.A. is safe for another year, but if Mark Davis is still fascinated with Gruden then he might not have the luxury of waiting another year.

Jon Gruden's appreciation of all things Silver and Black is widely known and his interest in returning to his former haunting grounds has long been widely speculated. If given the choice to coach in Oakland again or take over the Texans there is a legitimate probability that he would choose the Raiders, but the Houston job is certainly very enticing with the pieces they have in place.

It will come down to how the Raiders finish the season and how much confidence Reggie McKenzie and Mark Davis have in Dennis Allen. Though the wins haven't come for Allen, he clearly has them competing hard and improving. He has done so while being handicapped by a lack of cap space that will no longer be a hindrance starting next season.

If that is enough to keep his job safe is an unknown at this time. There already are a large amount of fans ready for D.A.'s dismissal right now, if the Raiders stick with Dennis for another year and it fails the unrest felt now will be magnified immensely. Oakland's front office might be willing to risk it, but they also very easily could decide not to.

With Jon Gruden's name being circulated as a very real possibility for the Texans job Dennis Allen better be ready to finish the season well. Mark Davis has long been rumored to have a distinct attraction to adding Gruden, if he sees his chance slipping away he could act swiftly. That makes Dennis Allen's job safety very perilous if the Raiders falter badly down the stretch.

:ohhh::blessed::whoo::why::myman::salute::lawd::win:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Charles Woodson was embarrassed to be a Raider on Sunday afternoon. The veteran free safety didn’t hide his displeasure following an awful defensive effort largely to blame for a 37-27 loss to the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium.
“We looked like the Bad News Bears out there,” Woodson said. “In saying that, I want to give a lot of credit to our offense. They never stopped fighting, and they really gave us a chance to stay in the game. Then, defensively, we went out there and basically peed down our leg. It’s just embarrassing.”
"There’s really no guard against guys thinking about the offseason and getting home and that sort of thing, but once you step on the field, you’ve got to do your job, bottom line."
:snoop: C-Woodson already sees the team has quit, team packed in the season after that loss to the Titans. :shaq2: Great coaching Dennis Kiffin. :beli: We probably gonna get a top 5 pick and have a shyt load of cap space, but I have no confidence in this regime at all at making the right choice.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
:snoop: C-Woodson already sees the team has quit, team packed in the season after that loss to the Titans. :shaq2: Great coaching Dennis Kiffin. :beli: We probably gonna get a top 5 pick and have a shyt load of cap space, but I have no confidence in this regime at all at making the right choice.

Feel the same way breh​

King Poetic

The Monkey in the Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
OK NATION.. TIME TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE 2014 FREE AGENTS ARE WHERE SHOULD THE MONEY GO TO.. SO LET'S GET TO IT

http://nfltraderumors.co/2014-nfl-free-agents/

1. QB - I don't think either mcgloin or pryor is the answer.. so free-agent wise u have Jay Cutler or Josh McCown Available or go after a QB in the draft ( which i really don't want )

2. Running Back --- Mcfadden is DONE!!!. i don't want this nikka no where back in silver or black.... bring back Jennings at a reasonable price and i want the hometown boy MJ Drew or Toby Gerhart.. Gerhart and jennings tandem with reece is interesting

3. Wide Receivers & Tight End - this one will take time for me to look over

4. Offensive line - draft only

5. Defensive line - need somebody to go with houston like kevin williams from minnesota and a 1st round draft pick

5. Linebackers --- need 1 middle linebacker

6.. defensive backs -- with the bust with hayden and adams being trash, woodson being over the hill, tracy porter plays too much 10 yards off a guy and i give jenkins a little justice he's been ok..

i'll personally take a look at vonte davis and study real hard at the draft.

OVERALL -- I NEED THIS WHOLE ROSTER CHANGE OVER BY NEXT TRAINING CAMP OR I PERSONALLY BOMBING THE NAPA TRAINING CAMP

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:shaq2: Defense has already given up on the season. :ehh: At least the Falcons won so we are still in the hunt for Clowney at least. :beli:

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Yeah don't start pryor all right look whats happening :wow:
fukking bytch ass DA.
fire his ass next season, draft clowney or mike evans and build around pryor.

to that other nikka who came in with that link :pacspit: PRYOR IS STAYING!