The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
They could have restructured DHB. He's a solid contributor. And Huff played out of position last year because they picked up garbage DB's. I still think they just want to get rid of anything connected to Al Davis...whether or not they could be good for the team.

Just stupid to cut Huff. Ask them to restructure.

Couldn't have said it better myself I guess no more nights chilling at the palace ford got be :damn:. If we starting from scratch and disconnecting ourselves the pieces Al put in places they might as well stop p*ssyfooting around giving Carson the boot already gives chance at clowney next year.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
i already know pryor isn't the answer.. it's all good everybody seeing rg3, russell wilson, and kilp do there thing and thinking pryor could be the same.. i don't see it... just another long line of raiders QB's who haven't amount to shyt..

MorePower

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They could have restructured DHB. He's a solid contributor. And Huff played out of position last year because they picked up garbage DB's. I still think they just want to get rid of anything connected to Al Davis...whether or not they could be good for the team.

Just stupid to cut Huff. Ask them to restructure.

This whole paragraph is the truth but the highlighted is the realest shyt in this thread.

Does anybody know why McClain hasn't been cut yet? Is it a salary cap thing or do they really think somebody will look at game film and decide to trade for him? He's garbage.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
i already know pryor isn't the answer.. it's all good everybody seeing rg3, russell wilson, and kilp do there thing and thinking pryor could be the same.. i don't see it... just another long line of raiders QB's who haven't amount to shyt..
:whoa:Let's let him get a full year in at least breh before we drop the failure doomsday scenarios. He deserves that much

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The three releases of Huff, DHB, and Tollefson save #Raiders a combined $15.5 million off the 2013 cap. They are now $23 million under.
With the new CBA, teams are allowed to split the cap hits of 2 players over two seasons prior to June 1st. That means the Raiders $14.5 million is cap space with these three moves. This brings them to $23 million under the cap as of now
:leon: And we still have to see about McClain, Kelly, and Palmer too, all 3 might all get the deavors too. :ohhh:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
LOL

DHB fukking sucks, always has and always will. Can't run a good route, catches with his body. Michael Huff has never reached his top 10 pick status... even when Al was alive and when Nnamdi was all pro... his biggest achievement was catching that interception the game after Al died with 10 defenders on the field and that Natl Champ game.

and who cares if this mgmt wants to rid themselves of Al's players? What has his track record been the past 10 seasons? Javon Walker, DeAngelo Hall, Tommy Kelly, Richard Seymour, Jamarcus, Ray Buchanon, and countless others...

They are still holding McClain to punish his bytch ass. Why let him go this early so he can get onto a team ... Reggie's probably letting most teams fill their needs at LB and waiving him after the fact. Carson is still on the roster probably because ther is a trade market out there for him. He might even be moved on draft day

I still am not a believer in Terrell Prior, he wasn't that great in college, but I commend him on his work ethic. But his throwing mechanics suck and if Vince Young and countless others with poor mechanics couldn't turn it around, not sure what makes people think Terrell Prior of all people can do it. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm being realistic.

I'm just pissed they didn't cut these guys sooner, probably because they tried to restructure and could not meet middle ground. Ellerbe at 35MM is a solid deal for an up and coming stud like him when you think about all that money Al wasted on guys PAST their prime. But now they can look at getting some of the table scraps out there.

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
LOL

DHB fukking sucks, always has and always will. Can't run a good route, catches with his body. Michael Huff has never reached his top 10 pick status... even when Al was alive and when Nnamdi was all pro... his biggest achievement was catching that interception the game after Al died with 10 defenders on the field and that Natl Champ game.

and who cares if this mgmt wants to rid themselves of Al's players? What has his track record been the past 10 seasons? Javon Walker, DeAngelo Hall, Tommy Kelly, Richard Seymour, Jamarcus, Ray Buchanon, and countless others...

They are still holding McClain to punish his bytch ass. Why let him go this early so he can get onto a team ... Reggie's probably letting most teams fill their needs at LB and waiving him after the fact. Carson is still on the roster probably because ther is a trade market out there for him. He might even be moved on draft day

I still am not a believer in Terrell Prior, he wasn't that great in college, but I commend him on his work ethic. But his throwing mechanics suck and if Vince Young and countless others with poor mechanics couldn't turn it around, not sure what makes people think Terrell Prior of all people can do it. I really hope I'm wrong, but I'm being realistic.

I'm just pissed they didn't cut these guys sooner, probably because they tried to restructure and could not meet middle ground. Ellerbe at 35MM is a solid deal for an up and coming stud like him when you think about all that money Al wasted on guys PAST their prime. But now they can look at getting some of the table scraps out there.

Yeah shyt is horrible.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
The Raiders entered Tuesday $8.5 million under the salary cap. Releasing free safety Michael Huff, wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey and defensive lineman Dave Tollefson freed up an additional $8.75 million in cap room.
Factoring in the Raiders re-signing cornerback Phillip Adams to a one-year contract, the Raiders are flush with approximately $16 million in cap space for 2013, even though they have an astonishing $32 million in dead money — money accounted for on players no longer on the roster.

The Raiders saved the following amounts with their three roster moves Tuesday: $5.34 million on Heyward-Bey, $1.79 million on Huff and $1.6 million on Tollefson.
That’s the positive news. On the downside, the Raiders lost a player some considered their best all-around defensive back — Huff played free safety and cornerback for the Raiders last season — and one of their most productive wide receivers at a time when they are thin at that position.

Worse for the Raiders, outside lineback Philip Wheeler signed with the Miami Dolphins and defensive lineman Desmond Bryant hooked on with the Cleveland Browns. Bryant and Wheeler were two of Oakland’s most consistent players last season.

In other words, the Raiders have some money to spend and a ton of needs to spend it on. They can free up even more money by releasing or restructuing the likes of quarerback Carson Palmer, linebacker Rolando McClain and defensive tackle Tommy Kelly.

For those wondering why the Raiders didn’t cut McClain on Tuseday, it’s simple: They didn’t have to and there’s still a chance, albeit slim, that another team will pony up a late-round draft pick for McClain.

Hey, it’s worth a shot.

Bolded explains WHY DHB and Huff were most likely NOT asked to restructure. McKenzie having that much money available with $32MM in dead money is pretty fukking amazing.

But Al's guys are being let go... stop it

Super Cheech

I Feel So Westcoast
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles / SOHH Icey
Wanted Ellerbe :(

There's a market for Carson to be gone hopefully we can trade him and our draft pick for more picks. This years draft has good depth at OL and DL..which we need BADLY