The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Browns free agent linebacker, Kaluka Maiava, is on his way to visit the Raiders according to Albert Breer of NFL Network.

The Oakland Raiders appear to have interest in Jets free agent guard Matt Slauson

Ryan Fitzpatrick's lackluster career in Buffalo has come to a close. With his dismissal comes a new player in the "Who wants Geno Smith" contest. The Bills have officially just become the front runner.

If the Bills want Smith they are going to have to trade up for him because they currently draft behind the Cardinals who also are likely to be interested in Geno. The pick that is most likely to be traded for to get him is still the Raiders at number 3 so if the Bills are interested they should start by asking the Raiders what they want for their pick.

The Bills currently hold the number 8 pick in the draft, which is one slot behind the Cardinals at number 7. With the Bills now being likely to try and trade up for Geno Smith it also makes it so that if Arizona thinks Smith is the man for them then they will have to try and trade up too. They can't sit pat and allow the Bills to make a move ahead of them if they really want Geno.

This news is big for the Raiders because they would be best suited by moving down in the draft and collecting more picks for their many holes. If they can get a bidding war going between the Cardinals and the Bills that can only strengthen the Raiders compensation for their draft pick.

Ryan Fitzpatrick had just signed a contract last year with the Bills for 6 years and $62M which seemed pretty outrageous at the time to many. Now it appears to be cemented as fact as the Bills have cut him just one year later. Fitzpatrick had vastly underperformed after signing the contract which spelled doom for his time in Buffalo.
:obama: Thank you, I knew that the Raiders interest for Geno was just smokescreen.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
:obama: Thank you, I knew that the Raiders interest for Geno was just smokescreen.

nice if they can con a team to move up for Geno

and Ellerbe signed for $35MM... FUKK can't believe we don't have cap room to have made that signing..

make a fukkin decision on Carson already!!!!!!

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:ahh: finally getting rid of the bums. Hope Palmer is next.

:whoo: we already had at least 6 mill of cap room due to T-Branch's restructure, now with DHB, Huff, and Tollefson released. Now if we can cut Kelly and Palmer, or even restructure his deal :whew: we should have a shyt load of cap space. Hopefully save up cap space for next year and stock pile on some draft picks this season, :obama: Should be the way to go.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'm a bit sad to see Bey go. He really worked to go from a bum to a solid 3rd WR. But you just can't pay that much for a number 3.

Yea, he broke out in 2011, and still has some very good speed. But, that contract that Al gave him and selecting him in the 1st round was :snoop: But, he has turned into a solid and good WR, but I don't think he will ever live up to the expectations given to him due to his draft selection. :yeshrug:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
They could have restructured DHB. He's a solid contributor. And Huff played out of position last year because they picked up garbage DB's. I still think they just want to get rid of anything connected to Al Davis...whether or not they could be good for the team.

Just stupid to cut Huff. Ask them to restructure.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Yea, he broke out in 2011, and still has some very good speed. But, that contract that Al gave him and selecting him in the 1st round was :snoop: But, he has turned into a solid and good WR, but I don't think he will ever live up to the expectations given to him due to his draft selection. :yeshrug:

Yeah most definitely.

If we're able to move back and get a couple picks, I'd like to try and pick up Woods if he was still available. Moore and especially Ford seem to be injury prone.