The Official 2013 Oakland Raiders Season Thread

Rick Roller 10

All Star
Daps
LMAO@ yall nikkas covering up MT Davis with a tarp for football games now just to make sure you sellout. Only team in the league with a tarp lol. Pisses me off tho cause that means tickets are gonna be higher when my Steelers come to Oakland smh

Oakland+Raiders+v+Pittsburgh+Steelers+-sHt5GZbATul.jpg

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man fvck Who Jackson? ... yeah right offered the GM position by Al but didn't want it and accepted the OC position... wtf is he smoking? He went from QB Coach from Bmore, one of his most notable "GM" moves coming onboard was making Kyle fukking Boller the backup QB... And didn't this muthafukker say that the Carson Trade was the greatest trade in the history of football???

And Clemenza will come in here saying he should have been given another season

glad he's fukking gone, local media aired out his dirty laundry after he was not brought back that after Al died, he walked around Alameda like he owned the place

GTFOH and hope you never come back to Oakland

This dude Hue can't even lie well. Fans were begging Al to hire a GM even had a billboard up on the freeway and still wouldn't do it. All of a sudden he has a change of heart and tries to hire this mother fukker? GTFOH :beli:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
without really no draft picks.. i would cut players left and right and try to get somewhere under the cap so u can draw at least 2 big name free-agents..

Are you stuck in last season? wth you talking about? Raiders have all their picks except their 2nd rounder and 5th rounder... not great but better than last year.

i have been thinking...

Trade Mcfadden for draft picks.. then go hard for steven jackson and give him a good 3 to 4 year contract.... if unable to get him go after ahmad bradshaw and mendenhall i believe u can both if u are willing to give mcfadden over 10 million or if u willing to give steven jackson a big contract..

then on the defensive side of the ball look for a defensive lineman.. which i like the bengals michael johnson..

then the draft should focus on defensive tackles, linebackers and a position hand receiver

are you a raider fan?? your strategy reeks of al davis ... big names aren't going to do sh.t but sell tickets for a short while. stay the course, draft well, and try to get more picks. I dont think they should trade DMAC... he's the only commodity they currently have that will help attract semi-decent free agents.

steven jackson aint fukking w/ us unless we throw him Richard Seymour type money... how did that turn out?

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
LMAO@ yall nikkas covering up MT Davis with a tarp for football games now just to make sure you sellout. Only team in the league with a tarp lol. Pisses me off tho cause that means tickets are gonna be higher when my Steelers come to Oakland smh

yup, it's pretty fukkin sad they are tarping off that shyt and they still owe money on it

worst stadium in the NFL bar none. besides, most stiller fans dont sit in Mt Davis, that shyt is dangerous when wearing the opposing colors.

but also good that it prices fukkers like you out, stay out our stadium with your piss colored towels

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
The Oakland Raiders and Rolando McClain have been headed on a collision course with the inevitable outcome of McClain's departure from the team that drafted him. But ever since his blow up in practice all of the way back in November, people have been asking why McClain was still on the team.

After his fight with Dennis Allen in practice, the Raiders suspended McClain for two games, then did not let him play in any games after his return from the suspension. Now, over three months later, it appears as though the Raiders are finally going to cut Rolando McClain.

According to Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Raiders will cut McClain after March 12 because at that point, they can spread out the dead money that will be created by his release over two years, easing the impact on the cap.

This should be a big relief for Raiders fans who have been frustrated by the former first round draft pick. McClain has had multiple run ins with the law since joining the Raiders, but it isn't his off of the field issues that drove fans crazy, it was his play on the field.

McClain was incredibly slow and a liability in pass coverage, and despite his size, had serious issues getting off of the block and as a result, was completely ineffective in run defense as well. McClain's lack of value became even more clear after his suspension. The Raiders brought in Omar Gaither, who was not even on a team in theNFL at the time, and yet the defense improved its play almost instantly.

It has taken longer than anyone would have liked it to, but it appears the Rolando McClain saga is finally coming to an end and the Raiders can move on at the MLB position.
:whew: Finally got rid of this bum. Just terrible out there, big for nothing. Should have tried to see if we could have gotten a draft pick from him, but :yeshrug: at least he ain't on our team anymore.

The name of the game at quarterback last season was speed and elusiveness. The likes of rookies Robert Griffin III and Russell Wilson along with first time starter Colin Kaepernick blazed trails to the playoffs for their teams. Their success had many what kind of success the Raiders could have with Terrelle Pryor behind center.

Pryor showed some of that speed in the final game of last season when Carson Palmer was out injured and Pryor was given his first start. He made several plays with his legs including running for a touchdown and escaping the pocket to throw for two more.

It begs the question; who would win in a race of NFL quarterbacks?

Pryor was asked that question on NBC Sports Network today, to which he said:

"This is just me believing in the speed and power in my legs - I believe I'd be second behind Michael Vick. No one else could beat me." Said Pryor.

That is confident to be sure. So, let's examine Pryor's theory.

We don't have a combine figure for Pryor because he came in late to declare for the supplemental draft. He reportedly ran a 4.32 40-yard dash and his pro day with an overall time of 4.38. His slowest time was 4.41.

Michael Vick ran an official 4.36 40-yard dash as a rookie so based solely on intitial 40-yard dash times, Vick wins. But that was a long time ago. There is really no way Vick comes close to that now. Even without the injuries he's sustained over the years, he is just not the spring chicken he once was. A race right now and Pryor would smoke him.

Looking at all the other quarterbacks in the NFL right now, the fastest 40-yard dash at the combine was Robert Griffin III with a 4.41. After that, it's Ravens backup Tyrod Taylor at 4.51, Colin Kaepernick with a 4.53, and Russell Wilson at 4.55. Cam Newton and Jake Locker both ran a 4.59.

It would seem, the only other QB in the NFL who actually comes close to the speed that Pryor displayed is Robert Griffin III. His combine overall time was the same as Pryor's unofficial lowest time at his pro day.

So, what seemed like it may have been a bit cocky from Pryor in saying he is second in the NFL behind Vick might actually not have been giving himself enough credit. He's faster than Vick now and at least matches Robert Griffin III for speed.

Now to see if the Raiders can find a way to make use of it.
:obama: That's great confidence and :manny: his 40 shows it. But, if only the Raiders can use this to their advantage somehow. :beli:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
‏@CorkOnTheNFL

Breaking news; Raiders restructure contract of strong safety Tyvon Branch. His base salary for 2013 drops from $6 million to $715,000.

:obama:

@CorkOnTheNFL

Final note on Tyvon Branch contract restructure: two years added to contract are easily voidable. In essence, signed through 2015.

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali

The Raiders made another salary cap move today which now puts them a comfortable $6 million under the 2013 salary cap.

What they did was add two years to the contract of safety Tyvon Branch to extend it until 2017 with the those two years as voidable years. In doing so, spread out his salary over the remainder of his contract. He was set to make a base salary of $6 million this season with a salary cap hit of nearly $11 million.

In the restructure, his base salary now drops to veteran minimum of $715,000 and his cap hit for this season drops to about $6 million - a savings of $5 million off the cap this season.

The Raiders were already a reported $1.5 million under the cap and now sit at around $6.5 million under. This is plenty of room to re-sign a couple of the team's free agents before they can hit the open market.

Their top target to retain is linebacker Philip Wheeler. Another top priority is defensive tackle Desmond Bryant.

Free Agency begins Tuesday March 12.
:pachaha: Tyvon Branch fell the fukk off. I thought he had the tools to be a great strong safety. He probably was like :smugdraper: with this contract last season, a year later now he's like :sadcam: right now.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
:pachaha: Tyvon Branch fell the fukk off. I thought he had the tools to be a great strong safety. He probably was like :smugdraper: with this contract last season, a year later now he's like :sadcam: right now.

I still believe in Tyvon breh..:to:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I still believe in Tyvon breh..:to:

He is still a good Safety. He has always been a really good tackler, probably the only positive we have on defense. i just thought he would have been a Pro Bowler by now. Hopefully in the future breh. :sadcam: So far, I really like what McKenzie has done so far with the team. But, his biggest test comes on draft day though. I'm not sure if they are really serious about Geno. I hope they trade the 3 pick. I hope they are just :troll: so Arizona or Buffalo will be willingly to trade up for the number 3 pick. Defense should be the main concern to fix up.

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps

Not much of a pass rush or secondary to help him out... he was always over compensating for Matt Giordano... Tyvon beasted when he had Nnamdi

fukkit, bring back Nnamdi if he will take a hometown discount... he probably misses "Maxie"

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Not much of a pass rush or secondary to help him out... he was always over compensating for Matt Giordano... Tyvon beasted when he had Nnamdi

fukkit, bring back Nnamdi if he will take a hometown discount... he probably misses "Maxie"

:whoa:

nikka looked like shyt out there last year. Most the time just looked like nikka was just having fun out there getting toasted :steviej:

BayArea Breez

GOAT Defensive Raider
Daps
:whoa:

nikka looked like shyt out there last year. Most the time just looked like nikka was just having fun out there getting toasted :steviej:

obviously he is not the same as he once was, but that doesn't mean he cant be productive

you'd rather roll with Taiwan Jones at CB, Shawntae Spencer, Bartell???

Raiders need all the help they can get and maybe a change of scenery and coming back home will do him some good. He can't get any worse, can he?

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
He is still a good Safety. He has always been a really good tackler, probably the only positive we have on defense. i just thought he would have been a Pro Bowler by now. Hopefully in the future breh. :sadcam:
technically, for a team, a player whos playing well but not getting selected to a pro bowl, is actually pretty good for the team. because the players' agent cant leverage a pro bowl selection to get more money.

in case of bad teams, its finna happen more often, and with good teams, so undeserving players will make the pro bowl and demand more money because of it

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
obviously he is not the same as he once was, but that doesn't mean he cant be productive

you'd rather roll with Taiwan Jones at CB, Shawntae Spencer, Bartell???

Raiders need all the help they can get and maybe a change of scenery and coming back home will do him some good. He can't get any worse, can he?

:ehh: You make a good point. Who knows. Rather go with some other free agents out there at CB.