The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
You have a love affair for African shot blockers.

Realistically, what are the odds the Wolves try and shop Bestovic around?

Well I'm a fan of Steven Adams too (more upside than Dieng), but Dieng's ready to go right now.

Realistically they can't shop Pek around because he's an RFA. I do think he'll come back. He wants to be back. Do I think he finishes his 4 year deal as a member of the team? Doubt it barring a dramatic improvement in the team's performance. It'll get too expensive for Glen to wanna keep everyone.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
damn @dtownreppin214 I wanted to take Dennis Schroeder. dude is going to be a star.

@tremonthustler1 I'm gonna take Michael Carter-Williams for the Jazz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
Hard to say that. He's already on a huge long term deal and given the spike in minutes he played, his play declined as the season went on. His value has probably remained the same (if he was an RFA now, yes the value would go up)

his decline was mostly due to that wrist injury on his shooting hand, it never healed because he played thru it and because of that he wasnt even close to the player he was at the start of the season. hopefully next season he comes back fully healthy and stays that way for 82 games, one of my fave players in the league

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Immediately after the Cavaliers won this year's draft lottery, we heard that the team would be open to fielding trade offers for the first overall pick. But according to Joe Kotoch of SheridanHoops.com, there's one particular the team with whom the Cavs would like to deal: The Timberwolves. Kotoch reports that the No. 1 pick would be available to the T-Wolves if they were willing to part with Kevin Love.

Kotoch's report doesn't come as a huge surprise -- Love is a two-time All-Star and was a member of the gold-medal U.S. Olympic team in 2012, so he's a proven commodity, whereas there's no real consensus top pick in this year's draft class. Nerlens Noel, who sits atop many draft boards, is recovering from ACL surgery. As such, it makes sense that the Cavs, who hope to earn a playoff spot next season, would target a veteran who could make an immediate impact.

Love has been mentioned as a potential trade candidate in the past because he and the Timberwolves have had an up-and-down relationship since the team was unwilling to give him the five-year rookie scale extension he was seeking. Still, with former GM David Kahn out of the picture and Flip Saunders now running the show in Minnesota, I'd be shocked if the T-Wolves seriously considered moving Love this summer. Even if he does intent to opt out down the road, Love still has at least two more years remaining on his contract, so there'd be plenty of time for the Wolves to weigh their options.
:leon: @tremonthustler1

Last edited by a moderator: