The Official 2013 NBA Draft Talk Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
2013 NBA Mock Draft, Take One

1. Cleveland: Ben McLemore, 6-4, SG, Kansas. Go with the player with the biggest upside (and healthiest knees), figure out the rest later. Dynamic scoring potential.

2. Orlando: Nerlens Noel, 6-11, PF/C, Kentucky. Has a ways to go offensively, but possesses great length, leaping ability and timing on blocked shots. But about that ACL...

3. Washington: Otto Porter, 6-8, SF, Georgetown. Classic small forward who does everything well, particularly defend. Would be a natural alongside young backcourt.

4. Charlotte: Victor Oladipo, 6-4, SG, Indiana. Freakish athlete with a winning personality and desire to defend. Can’t shoot, though.

5. Phoenix: Anthony Bennett, 6-7, PF, UNLV. Overpowered people in post in college, but will he be able to do same in NBA? Sort of a more-skilled version of Golden State’s Carl Landry.

6. New Orleans: Alex Len, 7-0, C, Maryland. Well-rounded 7-footer who would look good next to Anthony Davis.

7. Sacramento: Trey Burke, 6-1, PG, Michigan. More of a scorer than a true point guard, but a determined winner a la Charlotte’s Kemba Walker.

8. Detroit: Shabazz Muhammad, 6-6, SF, UCLA. Slasher and scorer who possesses a decent mid-range game. Inconsistent.

9. Minnesota: C.J. McCollum, 6-3, SG, Lehigh. Classy, well-rounded, intelligent and has all the intangibles. A little undersized to play the two.

10. Portland: Cody Zeller, 7-0, C, Indiana. Athletic and fundamentally sound, but lacks aggressiveness. Could climb.

11. Philadelphia: Rudy Gobert, 7-2, France. Not real polished offensively, but should make an impact on defense right away.

12. Oklahoma City (from Toronto and Houston): Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, 6-5, SG, Georgia. Solid all the way around, can bury mid-range shots and score in bunches.

13. Dallas: Kelly Olynyk, 7-0, C, Gonzaga. Sort of a younger, springier version of Chris Kaman.

14. Utah: Michael Carter-Williams, 6-5, PG, Syracuse. Heady, unselfish and great size for a point guard.

15. Milwaukee: Sergey Karasev, 6-7, SF, Russia. Gifted offensive player but awful defensively. Supposedly a bit of a knucklehead.

16. Boston: Tim Hardaway Jr., 6-6, SG, Michigan. Impressive showing at combine has stock rising. Natural scorer.

17. Atlanta: Steven Adams, 7-0, C, Pittsburgh. Athletic, large and can run court, but needs some polish.

18. Atlanta (from Houston and Brooklyn): Jamaal Franklin, 6-5, SG, San Diego State. Hails from strong program, always hustling with underrated skills.

19. Cleveland: Reggie Bullock, 6-7, SF, North Carolina. Smart and athletic enough, his biggest strength is finding ways to put the ball in the basket.

20. Chicago: Dennis Schroeder, 6-2, PG, Germany. Plays at one speed (full) and might make a nice backup to Derrick Rose.

21. Utah: Mason Plumlee, 7-0, C, Duke. Crafty, throwback pivot with great size. Can do more than just get in the way.

22. Brooklyn: Dario Saric, 6-10, SF, Croatia. Decent outside shooter who has reputation as a skilled passer for a big man. A little soft.

23. Indiana: Gorgui Dieng, 6-10, PF, Louisville. Outstanding leaper and shot-blocker who’s still learning basics on offense.

24. New York: Archie Goodwin, 6-5, SG, Kentucky. Pure shooter and player with highest upside at this point in the draft.

25. LA Clippers: Deshaun Thomas, 6-7, SF, Ohio State. Doesn’t do much other than score, but he does it pretty well.

26. Minnesota (from Memphis and Houston): Jeff Withey, 7-0, C, Kansas. Defensive-minded with great length, could make a nice backup.

27. Denver: Allen Crabbe, 6-6, SG, California. Spot-up shooter with good range. Reminds some of Cleveland’s Wayne Ellington.

28. San Antonio: Tony Mitchell, 6-9, PF, North Texas. Scrapper who can score around the basket.

29. Oklahoma City: Lucas Noguiera, 6-11, C, Brazil. Poor man’s Anderson Varejao. No relevant NBA skills but tall and plays with endless energy.

30. Phoenix (from Miami, LA Lakers and Cleveland): Glen Rice Jr., 6-6, SF, Georgia Tech. Spent last season in D-League, proved lethal from the perimeter.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
If Mclemore wows the scouts and has dominant workouts while Nerlens is still healing, then Cleveland is gonna have a big decision in front of them. If its true that Noel also tore his ACL in high school this would be a major red flag to me. You don't want this to b another Bowie over Jordan or Oden over KD situation. Not saying Ben is gonna be as good as them but if he goes on to be a 20-25 ppg scorer while Nerlens is always hurt it would be the same type of situation.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
If Mclemore wows the scouts and has dominant workouts while Nerlens is still healing, then Cleveland is gonna have a big decision in front of them. If its true that Noel also tore his ACL in high school this would be a major red flag to me. You don't want this to b another Bowie over Jordan or Oden over KD situation. Not saying Ben is gonna be as good as them but if he goes on to be a 20-25 ppg scorer while Nerlens is always hurt it would be the same type of situation.

I don't think it will matter what McLemore does for he shouldn't be in their discussion since they have Waiters.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Since I keep getting mentioned to get in this thread, I'll contribute .

Oladipo would be the perfect fit for the Kings. We need a good spark off the bench. Doubt he'll be available at 7 unless the Kings trade up for him , which I doubt they do.

Same with Trey Burke. But this team needs another true PG . Burke looks too score first to me.

If Zeller is there , he'll be a King :manny: Dude reminds me of Harrison Barnes when he came into the league. Highly touted in college, but was outshined his last season before going into the league. Despite that, he's still a great talent and he'll prove that if Smart doesn't fukk his rotations up :aicmon:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I don't think it will matter what McLemore does for he shouldn't be in their discussion since they have Waiters.

If Ben is that good he should definitely be in the discussion. Waiters can be a sixth man or potential trade bait. But that's only if Ben is as good as people think he will be.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Since I keep getting mentioned to get in this thread, I'll contribute .

Oladipo would be the perfect fit for the Kings. We need a good spark off the bench. Doubt he'll be available at 7 unless the Kings trade up for him , which I doubt they do.

Same with Trey Burke. But this team needs another true PG . Burke looks too score first to me.

If Zeller is there , he'll be a King :manny: Dude reminds me of Harrison Barnes when he came into the league. Highly touted in college, but was outshined his last season before going into the league. Despite that, he's still a great talent and he'll prove that if Smart doesn't fukk his rotations up :aicmon:

so who would your pick be at 7 given this mock? Results are on the first post?

:laugh: you dropped a whole entire take and didn't say who you were taking.

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
So how do you guys think Nerlens Noel, Otto Porter, Ben Mclemore, etc stack up with last year's draft class? Where would they go if they were all in the same draft?