The new Wonder Woman in the DCU is.... Gal Gadot? Wonder Woman 3 is still in the works supposedly. UPDATE DC says not true

Do we want Gal to remain in the DCU?

• Yes

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • No ( name another actress if you want)

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Folks swore up and down WWZ 2 was being made

Rest of your post is irrelevant conjecture made on the basis of "there's a strike going on, that means comic media is done", but this is really funny, so I'll respond to it.

Warner Brothers has been making Superman and by extension, Batman media for decades. Marvel is actually the one that's new to this. There is no universe in which Warner Brothers exists and is NOT making Superman/Batman media.

WWZ 2 is potentially actual vaporware, mainly because nobody cares about that property outside of hardcore fans. There is no mainstream push for Brad Pitt to come back and do a sequel to a movie the vast majority of people haven't even seen. That movie did Ant-Man numbers-- nobody cares.

People DO care about Superman. He's mainstream and appeals to the mainstream. This whole Snyderverse shyt doesn't appeal to the mainstream. Gunn is looking to rectify that. And if he's doing anything like TSS and Peacemaker, they are about to bang.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
That's because for whatever reason, @Cakebatter is being dishonest about what actually happened with the Snyderverse.

The fact remains that people either

A) Didn't like these movies

B) Never showed up to watch them
I never spoke or even implied that any Snyderverse movies were good nor bad. You posted their box office numbers. I said they were profitable movies. Now you are saying no one showed up to watch a movie (Batman vs Superman for example) that did over $800 million at the box office. Who's being dishonest now?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never spoke or even implied that any Snyderverse movies were good nor bad. You posted their box office numbers. I said they were profitable movies. Now you are saying no one showed up to watch a movie (Batman vs Superman for example) that did over $800 million at the box office. Who's being dishonest now?
Do you think profitable is the only metric used for whether a movie met expectations?

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Do you think profitable is the only metric used for whether a movie met expectations?
How much did your job pay you this week in expectation credits? :troll:

I directly discuss Warner's expectations and efforts in a post of above, using the phrase, "Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered"

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Nikka, you didn't even read that post, nor did you understand the context. I posted the fukking box office numbers of three movies because the dude I was responding to stated DC is nothing without Cavill and Affleck.

I was not arguing that the DCEU wasn't profitable at all-- I was showing there were examples that when the movies were unrelated to the DCEU and don't star Cavill and Affleck, people would still go out to see them.

An early draft of that post included Wonder Woman and Aquaman, but I deleted them to hammer home the point that people would go see films that weren't even in the continuity, disproving his claim thoroughly.

Also, you are clearly the one being dishonest here. You quoted me saying this:

The fact remains that people either

A) Didn't like these movies

B) Never showed up to watch them

Somehow you missed the word "either" in my post, and claimed I said people didn't show up for BvS. :martin:

Nikka, the part that fits BvS is A) people didn't like the movie.

Exhibit A:

Screen-Shot-2023-08-04-at-11-01-13-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-08-04-at-11-02-20-AM.png

:hhh:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
How much did your job pay you this week in expectation credits? :troll:

I directly discuss Warner's expectations and efforts in a post of above, using the phrase, "Pigs get fat, Hogs get slaughtered"

Stop being obtuse-- if people don't like something, they won't go see it or if they saw it, won't turn up for the sequels.

Nikkas really playing stupid today, I see.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Nikka, you didn't even read that post, nor did you understand the context. I posted the fukking box office numbers of three movies because the dude I was responding to stated DC is nothing without Cavill and Affleck.

I was not arguing that the DCEU wasn't profitable at all-- I was showing there were examples that when the movies were unrelated to the DCEU and don't star Cavill and Affleck, people would still go out to see them.

An early draft of that post included Wonder Woman and Aquaman, but I deleted them to hammer home the point that people would go see films that weren't even in the continuity, disproving his claim thoroughly.

Also, you are clearly the one being dishonest here. You quoted me saying this:

Somehow you missed the word "either" in my post, and claimed I said people didn't show up for BvS. :martin:

Nikka, the part that fits BvS is A) people didn't like the movie.

Exhibit A:

Screen-Shot-2023-08-04-at-11-01-13-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2023-08-04-at-11-02-20-AM.png

:hhh:

The Last Jedi did $1.3 Bn and was wildly panned. Do you think Disney cared? Was The Last Jedi a success? Fuq yeah it was. Warner would love to put out a movie that will make people hate-watch it , which is exactly what happened. No one cares about movie reviews or if fans like a movie, only ticket buying has relevance. Again, no one is cashing Rotten Tomato critic review checks.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
The Last Jedi did $1.3 Bn and was wildly panned. Do you think Disney cared? Was The Last Jedi a success? Fuq yeah it was. Warner would love to put out a movie that will make people hate-watch it , which is exactly what happened. No one cares about movie reviews or if fans like a movie, only ticket buying has relevance. Again, no one is cashing Rotten Tomato critic review checks.
Not really, last jedi made less than the force awakens, and directly led to the rise of skywalker losing money and the Star Wars IP breaking and losing its value.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The Last Jedi did $1.3 Bn and was wildly panned. Do you think Disney cared? Was The Last Jedi a success? Fuq yeah it was

:what:

Nikka, this is irrelevant to the point I was making to that dude. He claimed DC is nothing without Cavill, Rock and Affleck:

He would need to reverse his idiotic decision and hire Cavill and the Rock again
But without Cavill, the Rock, Gadot, and Affleck, DC has nothing

The box office of a "widely panned" (it wasn't) movie, is irrelevant to that point. Joker and The Batman were both well recieved films made by DC that didn't star anyone from the DCEU. That refutes his point and that's why I listed the box office gross for those films that's it.

You're either stupid or just arguing for your pride right now. You have no clue what we were talking about and just jumped in :manny:

No one cares about movie reviews or if fans like a movie, only ticket buying has relevance. Again, no one is cashing Rotten Tomato critic review checks

How is it possible to be posting in The Film Room and be seriously arguing that word-of-mouth is irrelevant?

Fam, do you know how the second weekend works? :russ: