The new Wonder Woman in the DCU is.... Gal Gadot? Wonder Woman 3 is still in the works supposedly. UPDATE DC says not true

Do we want Gal to remain in the DCU?

• Yes

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • No ( name another actress if you want)

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Unpopular opinion: I don’t hate her as WW, I just think using her as parsley for the last few DC movies damped her a lot. Yeah WW84 was bad but one bad sequel didn’t stop many other movies to get made. I do think they should move if Gunn wants to restart the whole thing.

A.I. got y’all down bad. Her thangs are not that big lmao.
This image isn't doctored. Girl is seriously thanging.
hayley-atwell-poses-in-the-winners-room-at-the-61st-bfi-london-film-picture-id861358274

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of the the early Snyder movies were profitable for Warner, even the original Suicide Squad.
Being profitable doesn't really mean much.

You can't tell me that DC thought a JL movie making only $657M would be a good result because they made a profit.

BvS was considered a disappointment for not making a billy. WB created DC Films in response to the movie's box office.
The Suicide Squad' was the second biggest DC flop behind 'Shazam: Fury of the Gods", pulling in a measly $168 million globally.
TSS was released on HBOMax the same day it was released in theaters.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps

You can't tell me that DC thought a JL movie making only $657M would be a good result because they made a profit.

BvS was considered a disappointment for not making a billy. WB created DC Films in response to the movie's box office.

That's just proof that "Pigs get fat, and Hogs get slaughtered". Warner couldn't deal with simply making profitable movies, but wanted their movies to gross like MCU films or better, without laying the ground work or trusting their filmmakers. Compare the number of MCU movies that built up to the Avengers movie (5), vs DC films leading up to Justice League (3). That wasn't Snyder's fault, that was Warner's doing. Snyder dropped out in the middle of filming Justice League so Warner hired Joss Whedon specifically to change a bunch of stuff. Justice league ends up doing worse at the Box office than the preceding films. Remember, BvS did $872 million. Aquaman goes on to make $1Bn yet they still decided to move on from Snyder and brought on Gunn (Which much celebration amongst DC fans), Then dude opened his mouth and killed any fan enthusiasm for 5 upcoming films. Its impossible to make an honest argument that Zack Snyder finishing the universe he started would have done worse at the box office than what we have now. Warner got greedy, walked into the kitchen and fuq'd with the recipe, and are now forced to eat it.

WW84 and The Suicide Squad both released day and date on HBO Max. TSS had glowing reviews, while WW84 had middling reviews, yet both pulled in similar numbers at the box office.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yet they still decided to move on from Snyder and brought on Gunn (Which much celebration amongst DC fans),
Someone lied to you cause a lot of people wanted Snyder back and do not like Gunn.

I'm willing to give Gunn a chance but I do wish they would have let Zach finish his arc at least.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
lol, yes they are big and I specifically said hollywood, not all the world.
No one will think less of you for complimenting a white woman's appearance.
Your momma and the women you are scared of aren't watching you
Breh they’re still not that big. That picture is altered. And if we’re talking the best t*ts in Hollywood, Sydney Sweeney holds the title.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No one gets paid in critic review credits. They get paid in dollars. 'The Suicide Squad' was the second biggest DC flop behind 'Shazam: Fury of the Gods", pulling in a measly $168 million globally

What you conveniently left out is that The Suicide Squad was a movie released in the thick of the pandemic AND simultaneously released on a streaming platform in the form of HBO Max.

It also became the platform's most watched DC film EVER:

Screenshot-563.png

The Flash released outside of the pandemic; what's the excuse there?

Shazam only made double what TSS did ($367 m), and it released the year before the pandemic; what's the excuse there?

Birds of Prey released before the theaters shut down, and it only made $200 m; what's the excuse there?

Black Adam, Shazam 2, hell, the original Justice League, all flops or performed way below expected.

The DCEU was rife with poor reviews and lower than expected box office results. They only had three out of 8 pre-pandemic movies make over $800 million while Marvel was raking in a billion dollars per film, and Warner stated explicitly that they expected Marvel-like numbers.

By every fair metric (Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes critic and audience scores, watch time on the platform), The Suicide Squad was a success, and likely would have been at the box office too if it were released in any other period of time. You cannot talk about the box office of a film that was released on a streaming platform in the pandemic. That's ridiculous.

All of the the early Snyder movies were profitable for Warner, even the original Suicide Squad. The reason people blame Gunn for the failure of recent DC movies is, Gunn opened his mouth and said, "Yeah, um... The Flash, Aquaman, Shazam, etc. All those movies don't mean shyt, I'm starting over..." Well, why would someone go to those movies then, if they lack any continuity moving forward?

This has no basis in reality. People go to the movies regardless if anything connects. Only the hardcore movie/DCEU nerds care about continuity, and they are a severe minority of the movie going populace. You have no explanation for why Joker did a billion dollars even though everyone KNEW it wasn't connected to the DCEU.

They released an unrelated Batman film in the midst of the DCEU, and it made more money than Justice League and was slightly behind Batman v Superman, a film that absolutely underperformed given that it had two of the three most popular superheroes literally fighting each other and lost out to Civil War.

Superman Legacy is now vaporware

Willing to entertain a ban bet on that?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Are you sure you are willing to accept a ban if Gunn doesn't start filming by 8/4/2024 in order to meet his 2025 release date? Because I'll take that bet everyday.

Nah, nikka, you called it VAPORWARE, which means it never releases.

Screenshot-564.png

I bet that it does release.

You taking that bet??? :ufdup:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Well, that means we have an infinite amount of time to prove me wrong or right. I'm providing a hard date. You scared bro?

There's nothing to be afraid of. I don't have a vested interest in DC making another movie for the rest of eternity. I couldn't give less than a fukk.

You're trying to poison the argument by saying "Oh, the very public strike that's going on is going to affect some things". It's like, no shyt sherlock. What are you even trying to say with that?

But if you think Warner Bros and James Gunn are not releasing Superman Legacy, especially after already announcing their castings, you are smoking the finest of dog foods. You used the term vaporware. You gave us infinite time with that word

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They released an unrelated Batman film in the midst of the DCEU, and it made more money than Justice League and was slightly behind Batman v Superman, a film that absolutely underperformed given that it had two of the three most popular superheroes literally fighting each other and lost out to Civil War.
And the unrelated Batman was released with a 45 day theater window. It would've made much more if that wasn't the case.

The average moviegoer doesn't know what the Snyderverse is, didn't know he left DC and Whedon was brought on. People didn't support JL because of some solidarity, it was because the brand was viewed negatively by the public.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

That's because for whatever reason, @Cakebatter is being dishonest about what actually happened with the Snyderverse.

The fact remains that people either

A) Didn't like these movies

B) Never showed up to watch them

As we all saw in real-time, the DCEU was doing everything it could to catch up to Marvel, and at the same time doing the stupidest shyt imaginable, preventing them from even competing.

- Why the fukk did they release Justice League BEFORE Aquaman? What sense does it make to make a team up movie about characters the audience doesn't even care about yet?

- Why did they release Joker? Why were they releasing movies that didn't tie into the DCEU at all? What was the point of that?

- They made a Wonder Woman movie that was set in the fukking PAST :what:

- They made a SECOND Wonder Woman movie that was set in the past AND she learned to Fly but that was apparently retconned in BvS and Justice League:mjlol:

- They originally announced BvS to compete in the same slot as Civil War. Lmao

- In that same movie, they introduced two new heroes, instead of building them up with their own movie, like they did with Man of Steel

- The Batman got announced and they released promo for his suit in February of 2020, which was DAYS after Birds of Prey came out, and a month before the pandemic shut down theaters. Why does The Batman even exist? They're literally making a part 2 as we speak!

Warner Bros and Snyder did everything they could to fukk it up, and they got what they deserved, as far as I am concerned. People in here caping for Snyder do DC zero favors. Gunn made one of the best received properties with TSS and then later Peacemaker.

He's shaking shyt up.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
There's nothing to be afraid of. I don't have a vested interest in DC making another movie for the rest of eternity. I couldn't give less than a fukk.

You're trying to poison the argument by saying "Oh, the very public strike that's going on is going to affect some things". It's like, no shyt sherlock. What are you even trying to say with that?

But if you think Warner Bros and James Gunn are not releasing Superman Legacy, especially after already announcing their castings, you are smoking the finest of dog foods. You used the term vaporware. You gave us infinite time with that word
Look. There is no guarantee you nor I will even use this forum in 2025, so why make a bet on something to happen in 2026? I like the bet, but there are details to be hashed out. I don't give a fuq if I use this forum or not.

Movie companies get actors lined up long before a movie gets green lit. Its part of the process of attaining funding for films. Warner isn't flushed with cash, they borrow money to make films. That's true for Disney too. Those vaporware sequels I listed above are all movies that have appeared to be on the cusp of being made with public announcements of actors and directors being involved or cast. Folks swore up and down WWZ 2 was being made. Its only the highest grossing zombie movie ever. So with DC movies stinking up the theaters, with one more to go (Aquaman 2), along with Marvel movies doing poorly or being pushed back (The Marvels), the great Comic Book cinematic Universe as a coming to a close. We will still see tent pole movies here and there, but that's mostly it.

The actors/writers strike just means more lost revenue and a longer time for the bad taste of these current comic book movie flops to linger in the mouths of movie investors. Its very relevant to the topic of upcoming movies.