The new Wonder Woman in the DCU is.... Gal Gadot? Wonder Woman 3 is still in the works supposedly. UPDATE DC says not true

Do we want Gal to remain in the DCU?

• Yes

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • No ( name another actress if you want)

Votes: 28 50.9%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I never cared for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, since she's far too skinny, and can't throw a believable punch or kick. I always wanted someone like UFC-fit Gina Carano (Not the Cow she is now), as she actually knows how to fight. Problem was she's only 5'7-8".
VPzAB7j.gif
First-she-kicks-bunch-butt-government-operative-Haywire.gif

From my perspective, when WW84 came and flopped, I didn't hear any negative talk regarding Gadot, just the director and writers. So I see no reason to change the actor. Gal Gadot was easily the fan favorite of all the Snyder DC heroes. I don't think it matters, since with the writers/actors strike and all the money Warner is losing over these movies, none of these future comic movies, including Gunn's 'Superman Legacy', will get made.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Gunn realizes that he screwed up after the debacle with Shazam and the Flash and is desperate to partly fix it by bringing Gal back. But that's not enough. He would need to reverse his idiotic decision and hire Cavill and the Rock again. Which he almost certainly isn't going to do.

Because his pride won't let him.

But without Cavill, the Rock, Gadot, and Affleck, DC has nothing. Because what he did is basically like if Feige fired RDJ and ScarJo. Which wouldn't happen because it'd be idiotic. :scust:

Since you don't fire your most popular actors to "reboot" anything. You instead build upon what already exists.

Last edited:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Gunn realizes he screwed up after the debacle with Shazam and the Flash and is desperate to partly fix it by bringing Gal back. But that's not enough. He would need to reverse his idiotic decision and hire Cavill and the Rock again. Which almost certainly isn't going to do.

Pride is too much.

But without Cavill, the Rock, Gadot, and Affleck, DC has nothing. Because what he did is basically like if Feige fired RDJ and ScarJo. Which wouldn't happen because it'd be idiotic. :scust:

Since you don't fire your most popular actors to "reboot" anything. You instead build upon what already exists.

would you cast Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Wonder Woman?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first Iron Man movie made only $72M less than Justice League.

If people were checking for DC movies like that, there wouldn't have been a regime change.

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
The first movie sucked. I didn't watch the second one because of how shytty the first one was. I don't want to see a 3rd one.

I will keep saying this:

GIVE US BATMAN BEYOND WITH KEATON AND TIM BURTON!!!!!!!!!

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I never cared for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, since she's far too skinny, and can't throw a believable punch or kick. I always wanted someone like UFC-fit Gina Carano (Not the Cow she is now), as she actually knows how to fight. Problem was she's only 5'7-8".
VPzAB7j.gif
First-she-kicks-bunch-butt-government-operative-Haywire.gif

From my perspective, when WW84 came and flopped, I didn't hear any negative talk regarding Gadot, just the director and writers. So I see no reason to change the actor. Gal Gadot was easily the fan favorite of all the Snyder DC heroes. I don't think it matters, since with the writers/actors strike and all the money Warner is losing over these movies, none of these future comic movies, including Gunn's 'Superman Legacy', will get made.

Didn't 84 flop partially bc it hit at the height of Covid and released free on HBOMAX 1st day?

I mean yeah everyone who watched it said it sucked but still

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Gunn realizes that he screwed up after the debacle with Shazam and the Flash and is desperate to partly fix it by bringing Gal back. But that's not enough. He would need to reverse his idiotic decision and hire Cavill and the Rock again. Which he almost certainly isn't going to do.

Without them? You saying that like they did something :mjlol:

DC dumb as fukk. Need to focus on doing their animated films with bigger budgets and faithful adaptations

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

- Shazam and Flash were NOT Gunn DCU properties. They were holdovers from Snyder. You people want to blame Gunn for everything, but you fail to understand those are still Snyder's movies. The first movie in Gunn's universe will be SUPERMAN LEGACY. He's said this a million times already.

Screenshot-557.png

The irony of you nikkas blaming Gunn for the shyt Snyder cooked up is fukking hilarious. You're proving exactly why Snyder's gone :mjlol:

-Saying DC "has nothing" without Cavill, Rock and Affleck is not only incorrect, it's just bad math-- first of all, The Batman made $770 million (compare that to BvS $800 m), and Joker did a BILLION. Those two alone prove you don't need Cavill and Affleck, as a movie with fukking Joaquin Phoenix made more than Batman and Superman running the fade:

Screenshot-558.png

Screenshot-559.png

Screenshot-560.png

:mjlol:

Further, The Suicide Squad is the SECOND HIGHEST RATED DCEU PROPERTY tied with Shazam.

Screenshot-561.png

Screenshot-562.png

Do you see those scores? Cavill and Affleck's supposed "popularity" weren't enough to save this franchise from terrible box office numbers and bad critic and audience scores. Outside of Wonder Woman and Shazam, not a SINGLE Snyder property is in the 80s.

You are lying to yourself.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Further, The Suicide Squad is the SECOND HIGHEST RATED DCEU PROPERTY tied with Shazam.

Screenshot-561.png

Screenshot-562.png

Do you see those scores? Cavill and Affleck's supposed "popularity" weren't enough to save this franchise from terrible box office numbers and bad critic and audience scores. Outside of Wonder Woman and Shazam, not a SINGLE Snyder property is in the 80s.

You are lying to yourself.

No one gets paid in critic review credits. They get paid in dollars. 'The Suicide Squad' was the second biggest DC flop behind 'Shazam: Fury of the Gods", pulling in a measly $168 million globally. It lost money even before marketing costs. All of the the early Snyder movies were profitable for Warner, even the original Suicide Squad. The reason people blame Gunn for the failure of recent DC movies is, Gunn opened his mouth and said, "Yeah, um... The Flash, Aquaman, Shazam, etc. All those movies don't mean shyt, I'm starting over..." Well, why would someone go to those movies then, if they lack any continuity moving forward? Dude could have kept his mouth shut. Its akin to Sony saying, we are going to discontinue the PS5, because we are working on the PS6. Well, PS5 sales would tank. Thus Sony would never announce something so stupid, when they still depend on current PS5 sales.

Given the writers/actors strike and all these tanking movies, the entire DC cinematic universe thing is dead in the water. Superman Legacy is now vaporware. Its going to get shelved next to 'Fantastic Beasts 4', 'Edge of Tomorrow 2', 'Constantine 2', 'World War Z 2', etc, etc. Now they are just throwing spaghetti at the wall with this Gal Gadot news to see what sticks. It just smells of desperation.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Just coulda let Snyder finish his arc and have Flash truly reboot it.

Funniest part is the new Supes looks just like Cavill :dead:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Unpopular opinion: I don’t hate her as WW, I just think using her as parsley for the last few DC movies damped her a lot. Yeah WW84 was bad but one bad sequel didn’t stop many other movies to get made. I do think they should move if Gunn wants to restart the whole thing.

They should use Hayley at well as wonder woman.

A.I. got y’all down bad. Her thangs are not that big lmao.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Unpopular opinion: I don’t hate her as WW, I just think using her as parsley for the last few DC movies damped her a lot. Yeah WW84 was bad but one bad sequel didn’t stop many other movies to get made. I do think they should move if Gunn wants to restart the whole thing.

A.I. got y’all down bad. Her thangs are not that big lmao.
lol, yes they are big and I specifically said hollywood, not all the world.
No one will think less of you for complimenting a white woman's appearance.
Your momma and the women you are scared of aren't watching you