The "Nas Lost" Period Was One Of The Most Bizarre Segments In Hip Hop History

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:mjlol: the fukk going on in here with this back and forth? The "Nas Lost" shyt started cause of some dipset stans after they dissed Nas.

edit: it wasn't the IC. They stole it from SOHH.

Y'all don't remember everybody threatening to smack nikkas kufis off over the internet? That was THAT timeframe.

It was a rough time to be a nas fan. :mjcry:

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
:mjlol: the fukk going on in here with this back and forth? The "Nas Lost" shyt started cause of some dipset stans after they dissed Nas.

Y'all don't remember everybody threatening to smack nikkas kufis off over the internet? That was THAT timeframe.

Yes sir! Kufis was getting slapped off niccas heads left and right on :hamster:

:salute: to my fellow Movement brehs. Y'all know who you are.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:what:
i ain't arguing with u
but i'm confused... cause your not making sense
u claim the term 'nas lost' was used way before 2005 & not necessarily originated on SOHH
but it's a wiki allhiphop page it clearly states this term was started by poster ECKS in 2005
so... you basically telling me -the undisputed overall number 1 hip hop site of that time was late

the only thing that sounds stupid is anybody thinking SOHH was remotely on the level of allhiphop.com
again, it's common knowledge that

You got multiple people in here telling you you're wrong. You need to know when to bow gracefully out of a conversation.

AHH was late. Yes. You're in here talking about "b bu but it's the #1 site!" and "SOHH wasn't on the level of AHH!" which means jack shyt because AHH was started 2 years AFTER SOHH. So yes....literally by the definition of the word, they were late.

The reason all internet references point to AHH is because the SOHH forums no longer exist. That's literally the only reason. You gotta Google and Wiki shyt because you don't have first hand knowledge....we do. So kindly take a seat.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Exactly. Dude sitting there arguing because he found some shyt about "Nas Lost" on AHH when the SOHH forums can't even be Googled, because they no longer exist.

Fred.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Wrong like hex I was on sohh from. 99 but started posting in 01. The Nas lost shyt predates what you are talking about and it has been confirmed.

I don't know who else is but he didn't birth that shyt in 05 because anyone that was on sohh and witnessed the movement Dipset stans knowns that was before 05..

I already gave my explanation on how I think it originated based on who popularized the use of it which again wasn't Jay stans. They latched on later in a pathetic attempt to gain back some clout. Dipset stans ran deep and crazy online back then

:snoop:

listen, i can't argue when you or others so-called seen the meme of 'nas lost'

BUT i will argue 2 things

1- nas lost wouldn't have made any sense in 2001; the truth is most people love to see the top person in any type of field (this being a top rapper) go down... the public saw the whole jay/nas as David and Goliath
this timeframe was easily nas height of his career
so, how could the term nas lost make sense

2- you claiming SOHH was posting this nas lost several years before allhiphop is extremely delusional
allhiphop was one of the top site (not hiphop or urban, i'm talking bout all genres) during the early 2000's - it was getting a million visitors a week
it would take like 3 months for SOHH to do them numbers
which ultimately makes this nas lost on SOHH years before allhiphop claim nonsense

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps

1- nas lost wouldn't have made any sense in 2001; the truth is most people love to see the top person in any type of field (this being a top rapper) go down... the public saw the whole jay/nas as David and Goliath

2- you claiming SOHH was posting this nas lost several years before allhiphop is extremely delusional
allhiphop was one of the top site (not hiphop or urban, i'm talking bout all genres) during the early 2000's - it was getting a million visitors a week
which ultimately makes this nas lost on SOHH years before allhiphop claim nonsense

Stop trolling, nicca. You weren't there.

AHH did not have The Dipset Movement in their forum. The animosity with Dipset and Nas popped off in 2002 when Nas dissed Come Home With Me on Power 105. The Movement took it from there. The FNM branched off from that.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

My God u fukking retard fall back. There was no "claim" that it was on sohh it has been backed up by several posters. The FACT is Nas lost existed before you said it did and wasn't created by who you claim. It has nothing to do with allhiphop. If anything it caught on in 02 not 01 around godson era. There's still remnants of the movement Dipset stans online. Don't make them come out and shut your dumb add down. The only delusional person is you.

Eks didn't start shyt
2005 was waaaaay off and too late
Allhiphop had NOTHING to do with it.

Wrong on all counts and standing on your own with that revisionist history.

Worl Boss 1Don

One Don if anno me ah Tesha Miller
Daps

only thing your right about is allhiphop ic being bigger than sohh thespot. the traffic i would get from ic was double in most cases than what i got from thespot , that is until they redesigned the site, and then got hacked thats when sohh caught up . other than that you dead wrong . naslost originated on sohh moved to nasbbs , then allhiphop & those fukk boys on boxden got in on it .
:what:

but it's a wiki allhiphop page it clearly states this term was started by poster ECKS in 2005
so...

:salute: the young don ecks actually posted in this thread :umad: . someone post the legendary gif of scrooge slapping escos kufi off

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Stop trolling, nicca. You weren't there.

AHH did not have The Dipset Movement in their forum. The animosity with Dipset and Nas popped off in 2002 when Nas dissed Come Home With Me on Power 105. The Movement took it from there. The FNM branched off from that.
Thank you

I said 2002 as well. This dude is clearly making shyt up he didn't witness any of this.

Fart Knocker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly->NYC->Philly
this was my favortie pic from that time:

NasLost3.jpg

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
only read the first page but

1. the fact that Nas Lost wasn't the first reply in here is a disgrace.
2. as a Nas and Dipset fan it was funny and bizarre to me that it could annoy people or have them biting
3. the Dipset stans were the funniest on SOHH and prolly annoyed Nas stans more than anybody. some sensitive to this day.
4. i just remembered that SmartenUpNas website/blog that was actually just a hip-hop/celebrity/lifestyle news site with an amusing name
5. also just remembered the SOHH classic that was the MS Paint hip-hop moments

Last edited:

$lim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis, IN

View media item 12861
View media item 12862

Daps
Reppin
The Flyest