The "Nas Lost" Period Was One Of The Most Bizarre Segments In Hip Hop History

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

:stopitslime::gucci::martin::what::wtb::childplease::dahell:

breh - i truly understand your one of the biggest nas heads on here.... which is cool, nas is in my top 5 all time

BUT - come on
if you compare apples to apples
than span 00 - 05 (jay has the WAY better resume) not just my opinion, its the opinion of da massives

blueprint >>> stillmatic
BP is considered an instant classic while stillmatic falls a lil short

blueprint2 >>> street disciples
both were disappointing double albums BP2 was better & more complete
watcher2 w/ rakim; ballad fallen soldier; both joints beyoncé & pharrell satisfied mainstream & BP2 hit hard (is it oochie wally or is it one mic) nikkaz will forever use this quotable

black album >>> god son
IMO if you combine both LP's
'made u look' was da best song of all, thereafter im taking every song on the BA before the next GS

H.S.

All Star
Daps

breh - i truly understand your one of the biggest nas heads on here.... which is cool, nas is in my top 5 all time

BUT - come on
than span 00 - 05 (jay has the WAY better resume) not just my opinion, its the opinion of da massives

blueprint >>> stillmatic

watcher2 w/ rakim; ballad fallen soldier; both joints beyoncé & pharrell satisfied mainstream & BP2 hit hard (is it oochie wally or is it one mic) nikkaz will forever use this quotable

black album >>> god son
'made u look' was da best song of all, thereafter im taking every song on the BA before the next GS

Man, stop it. I'd put Nas' run in the early 00s up against damn near anyone's. In a three year span he dropped Stillmatic, Godson and Lost Tapes. Street's Disciple came later (LATE 2004, almost 2005) and it would make more sense to compare it to Kingdom Come, which is probably Jay's most maligned album.

If you think Jay's shyt is better, that's cool (I think BP2 is underrated, while The Black Album is overrated). But to act like Nas was slacking during that period is disingenuous.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

BUT - come on

blueprint >>> stillmatic

black album >>> god son

bp1 is great but the other 2 albums by jay?:russ: all he did was cry on those after getting ethered by the:ahh:

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It definitely started on SOHH before 05 by Cam/Dipset stans. Whoever said it was pretty much after Nas was on the radio and trashed his album is right.

They might've been aliases but the Legendary Badguy and Goonie Goo Goo (along with other aliases) pretty much posted daily threads on Nas and stans got upset. It was funny but it did spam the Spot.

But Nas stans got their revenge with "The Dips do Nothing" thread shytting on the Diplomats, lol

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
You got multiple people in here telling you you're wrong. You need to know when to bow gracefully out of a conversation.

AHH was late. Yes. You're in here talking about "b bu but it's the #1 site!" and "SOHH wasn't on the level of AHH!" which means jack shyt because AHH was started 2 years AFTER SOHH. So yes....literally by the definition of the word, they were late.

The reason all internet references point to AHH is because the SOHH forums no longer exist. That's literally the only reason. You gotta Google and Wiki shyt because you don't have first hand knowledge....we do. So kindly take a seat.

Fred.

breh- ive already stated, i cant argue what someone claims they saw online before me

but i'll say, its nearly impossible that a much lesser site could start a meme while the most popping site be several years behind

if im wrong then im wrong ive always been man enough to admit my mistakes
but, until i see dem receipts

im calling :duck:

Exactly. Dude sitting there arguing because he found some shyt about "Nas Lost" on AHH when the SOHH forums can't even be Googled, because they no longer exist.

Fred.

:what:
my very 1st post in here - i said ecks from allhiphop

hours later... checking back, is when i googled 'nas lost' and that site came up confirming my OP

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps

BUT - come on

blueprint >>> stillmatic

black album >>> god son

Breh, you're wasting your time with these posters. They don't really get hip hop like that and don't enjoy discussing the actual music.

Nas is my favorite rapper of all time (and I still prefer his discography over Jay-Z's overall), but Jay-Z eclipsed that dude in the early 2000s. I watched that shyt happen in real time being fans of both.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Stop trolling, nicca. You weren't there.

AHH did not have The Dipset Movement in their forum. The animosity with Dipset and Nas popped off in 2002 when Nas dissed Come Home With Me on Power 105. The Movement took it from there. The FNM branched off from that.

1st... I'm no troll, im way too old for dat
2nd... ur right i wasnt there, i was on the number 1 site
3rd... u really think AHH didnt have a dipset movement

:snoop:

My God u fukking retard fall back. There was no "claim" that it was on sohh it has been backed up by several posters. The FACT is Nas lost existed before you said it did and wasn't created by who you claim. It has nothing to do with allhiphop. If anything it caught on in 02 not 01 around godson era. There's still remnants of the movement Dipset stans online. Don't make them come out and shut your dumb add down. The only delusional person is you.

Eks didn't start shyt
2005 was waaaaay off and too late
Allhiphop had NOTHING to do with it.

Wrong on all counts and standing on your own with that revisionist history.

:jbhmm: why so personal

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
1st... I'm no troll, im way too old for dat
2nd... ur right i wasnt there, i was on the number 1 site
3rd... u really think AHH didnt have a dipset movement

:snoop:

:jbhmm: why so personal
says the nikka that called me delusional lol

stop arguing about sites allhiphop had the number one site based on news feed. sohh forums were alway more popping more fukkery more celebrities and more exclusives.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Breh, you're wasting your time with these posters. They don't really get hip hop like that and don't enjoy discussing the actual music.

Nas is my favorite rapper of all time (and I still prefer his discography over Jay-Z's overall), but Jay-Z eclipsed that dude in the early 2000s. I watched that shyt happen in real time being fans of both.
you was a missy elliot stan talk about that...

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Man, stop it. I'd put Nas' run in the early 00s up against damn near anyone's. In a three year span he dropped Stillmatic, Godson and Lost Tapes. Street's Disciple came later (LATE 2004, almost 2005) and it would make more sense to compare it to Kingdom Come, which is probably Jay's most maligned album.

If you think Jay's shyt is better, that's cool (I think BP2 is underrated, while The Black Album is overrated). But to act like Nas was slacking during that period is disingenuous.

i compared apples to apples

BP & stiillmatic came out at the same time (takeover / ether) which birthed the beef

BP2 drop '02 ... SD drop '04 only 2 years apart, but they both were double albums

BA drop'd '03 .... GS drop'd '02 less then a year apart

besides nas headz - an overwheming majority of hip hop heads agree what i posted

and i never said nas was slacking, i dont know where u got that from

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

BUT - come on

blueprint >>> stillmatic

black album >>> god son

It was more like
Blueprint> Stillmatic (Though many people liked both, you remember how hot both were off those albums. BP is the more sonically achieved album but Stillmatic is the like the modern day comeback rap album)
God Son>>> Blueprint 2
Black Album>> Streets Disciple
Hip Hop is Dead>> Kingdom Come
American Gangster>>Untitled
Life is Good>>Magna Carta

It goes back and forth

But dont forget like especially in 01-03 people were riding hard with Nas and people still debate who they like between the two. Even if Jay sells more, critically and amongst fans you know Jay vs Nas still gets debated to this day so I dont why one would think its a wash.

You can't go wrong either way but its not a no contest

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

BP & stiillmatic came out at the same time (takeover / ether) which birthed the beef

BP2 drop '02 ... SD drop '04 only 2 years apart, but they both were double albums

besides nas headz - an overwheming majority of hip hop heads agree what i posted

Overwhelming majority of Hip Hop heads argue Nas vs Jay all the time. To this day

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

stop it..nas is actually more critically acclaimed album for album than jay since the stillmatic/bp1 showdown and has a higher fan rate:hubie:

:umad: