The N-Word is a Low IQ, clown word that you hold an existential L if you use it

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
By the mid 80s, many considered Eddie Murphy to be the most profane, dirtiest comedian of all time.

Yet, his use of the n-word during his routines was minimal. I think he said it just one time on his album "Comedian."

Eddie was in his early 20s at the height of his stand-up career. How come his comedy wasn't saturated with the n-word back then? Because its overall use wasn't prominent like that in the culture.

Sadly, most of the posters here aren't aware of how black folks lived our everyday lives prior to the release of "Reasonable Doubt," so these details are beyond their comprehension.

So you're gonna ignore that Redd Foxx, Paul Mooney, Richard Pryor, and others used it throughout their standup, before and during Eddie's rise, but the usage wasn't prominent within our culture? All these other comedians were using it, but it wasn't prominent, so where did they get it from? Surely you are aware other comedians used it often, and surely you're not gonna tell me those comedians made it a thing to do by themselves...

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
So you're gonna ignore that Redd Foxx, Paul Mooney, Richard Pryor, and others used it throughout their standup, before and during Eddie's rise, but the usage wasn't prominent within our culture? All these other comedians were using it, but it wasn't prominent, so where did they get it from? Surely you are aware other comedians used it often, and surely you're not gonna tell me those comedians made it a thing to do by themselves...

Both Pryor and Mooney used the word for shock value because to their generation and the folks that came before, that was the white man's word. Mooney says it right in his routine.

The n-word for previous generations was used by some artists for as a signal flare to catch attention (see Last Poets).

Where was the n-word on Soul Train?

Where was the n-word on Luther Vandross albums?

Where was the n-word on black radio stations in the 1950s,1960s, 1970s and 1980s?

Where was the n-word in Ebony and Jet Magazine?

Where was the n-word on Tony Brown's Journal?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Both Pryor and Mooney used the word for shock value because to their generation and the folks that came before, that was the white man's word. Mooney says it right in his routine.

The n-word for previous generations was used for shock value (see Last Poets).

Where was the n-word on Soul Train?

Where was the n-word on Luther Vandross albums?

Where was the n-word on black radio stations in the 1950s,1960s, 1970s and 1980s?

Where was the n-word in Ebony and Jet Magazine?

Where was the n-word on Tony Brown's Journal?

Keep killing them with facts!

BurstWicks

All Star
Daps
Personally I disagree, but i repped you cause it's still facts. To my mind though, i like to keep the word alive because it makes white people so uncomfortable. They dont like that the word they created to demean and insult us is now having the unintentional undesired effect of being used as a word of strength and solidarity among folks in the hood. Everyone wants to have 'their nikka' now... every one wants to own the word because no other race has took such a contemptuous word and turned it into their oppressors worst nightmare.

Thats why personally i dont think the word should go away, we fought hard and won and collectively decided that n1gga was our word now and thats that, thats how nikkas do.. turn nothing into something. Its just that other races are making it corny by taking our word without having fought for it, THATS the shyt we should be mad about. :martin:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Brehs on their

iu

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
My issue is that the word is basically a dark inside joke that shows how much inner trauma and submissiveness black people have developed due to all the shyt that's happened.

It's sad.

It's like when Reddit incels call themselves betas and cucks.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Never been a go to word for me.

Besides...

Muthafukka>>>>>>>>>>>nikka.

Muthafukka just flows from my lips effortlessly.
I think Im the second greatest muthafukka user next to that muthafukka Samuel W Jackson.

:ehh:

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I spoke on this awhile back not worth fighting for it's a battle that can't be won.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Every black person has the right to hate the word and remove it from their lexicon.

Every black person has the right to love the word and use it endearingly.

I support any view in the word as long as the person talking about the word is indeed black. :yeshrug:

I wouldnt argue with someone who says they dont wanna say it. Wouldn't argue with someone who says they do. But The second a nonblack is using it, idgaf what their reasoning or excuse is, shut ur fukkin mouth :umad:

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I wouldn't say low IQ...honestly I really don't have a problem if some black ppl use the word (sometimes I even slip up here and there using it) among ourselves...however the one issue I have is when some of us say the shyt around non black ppl...it's kinda awkward due to...well you know.