The myth of billionaires wearing cheap clothes and living frugally busted

Daps
If he didn't have his own money to spend for his clothes than he was definitely spending above his means :mjlol:
lets say he used scholarship money to buy his wardrobe. how does that support your point?
Since I need to spell it out:

How do you know those were clothes he bought? How do you know they weren't gifted to him by someone at college, where he was just wearing someone else's hoodie? How do you know he wasn't wearing walmart-type brands also? Were you witness to what he was spending on clothes?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

How do you know those were clothes he bought? How do you know they weren't gifted to him by someone at college, where he was just wearing someone else's hoodie? How do you know he wasn't wearing walmart-type brands also? Were you witness to what he was spending on clothes?
:jbhmm: so basically you tryinig to imply that maybe he got his clothes from the goodwill? maybe they were hand me down from an older cousin? Alright, i'll give it to you. If he did that he was very frugal.

Still some masterful juelzing though :mjlol:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They aren’t cheap. They just aren’t buying the stuff American pop culture says is sign of wealth.

If he’s wearing Japanese 300 dollar sneakers, he’s not buying 15 pairs of vintage Jordans in 20 colors.

So explain sienfield? Is that different cuz hes a cac? Are cac millionaires allowed to rock jordans but black millionaires cant?

Daps
:jbhmm: so basically you tryinig to imply that maybe he got his clothes from the goodwill? maybe they were hand me down from an older cousin? Alright, i'll give it to you. If he did that he was very frugal.

Still some masterful juelzing though :mjlol:
I'm implying he didn't spend beyond his means on clothes. If he did, we wouldn't be talking about him right now. He borrowed money from his parents, and got seed money from other parties to start Facebook. He put that all into Facebook. He didn't use that money and go on a spending spree on clothes.

Why is this simple concept so hard for you to understand?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He just juelzing at this point. also there are pictures of Mark Zuckerberg wearing name brand clothing before he ever had his first job. So lets not act like if he was broke he would've stuck to wearing walmart brands, because he was broke at one point and was still rocking Adidas slides, Tommy Hilfiger and Gap hoodies all the time.

I dunno how broke he was or at what point he was broke but 90% of his college pics he looks like he's wearing Walmart shyt with the occasional Gap throw in.

Not saying you're wrong, but I don't see money when I look at his clothes from back then.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I'm implying he didn't spend beyond his means on clothes. If he did, we wouldn't be talking about him right now. He borrowed money from his parents, and got seed money from other parties to start Facebook. He put that all into Facebook. He didn't use that money and go on a spending spree on clothes.

It's hard to understand because you are trying to argue that borrowing money to spend on expensive clothes is somehow being frugal, but it's not.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The myth was never about billionaires spending "within their means" though. Their means could be pretty much anything.

The myth was billionaires live like broke ass college students eating 75cent ramen and rocking 12 dollar shoes. While black men wore 800 dollar shoes and 100000 dollar chains.

Zuckerburg isnt goung broke no matter how he dressed, but the meme is complete bullshyt. Rich people stunt just like middle class just like poor. All tax brackets do.

A 300 dollar shirt is not a 30dollar shirt. He can afford 30,000 dollar shirts, but that dont make them 30 dollar shirts.

We dont have to lie to make billionaires look better... its really weird shyt

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I dunno how broke he was or at what point he was broke but 90% of his college pics he looks like he's wearing Walmart shyt with the occasional Gap throw in.

Not saying you're wrong, but I don't see money when I look at his clothes from back then.

Fred.
I don't see any walmart shyt. I see Gap, Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Polo, and occasional Harvard University branded clothing which is also sold at a huge mark up too. he wasn't browsing thrift shops for 12 dollar shoes, offbrand hoodies from walmart, or second hand clothing from friends. There was nothing frugal about his wardrobe in the slightest sense. he just got rich.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The point is that his wealth and power has nothing to do with his clothes. He could’ve spent $1000 as a student at Stanford buying Gucci socks and it would’ve made no difference to Facebook being founded and him being wealthy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't see any walmart shyt. I see Gap, Adidas, Tommy Hilfiger, Polo, and occasional Harvard University branded clothing which is also sold at a huge mark up.

Fam I'm looking at his college pics right now and I see Izod and Gap. Which is like $30-$50. Along with random shorts and t-shirts.

19rutenberg4-superJumbo.jpg

ZuckHughes.jpg

WATCH-A-Young-Mark-Zuckerberg-Explains-Facebook.jpg

I don't see any expensive shyt. Hell, most of what you mentioned isn't expensive, at all. Hilfiger and Polo being the exception, but even that depends on what you buy.

Harvard gear you can get for as cheap as $30-$40.

Now, I'm not familiar with his back ground so if he was doing interviews talking about :damn: "I started from the bottom, we barely had food!" but was rocking Polo, cool. I get your point. But beyond that, anyone working a decent 9-5 would be able to dress how he did back then.

Fred.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Y’all moving goalposts now…at first it was billionaires don’t spend no money on clothes AND NOW it’s oh $300 for a t-shirt is nothing to them. Just take y’all L and move on :russ:
Seriously.