The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SFV breaks EVO registration records
Originally Posted by Ian Walker

Just four days after registration opened, Street Fighter V has broken Evo’s already lofty registration records. While an exact figure wasn’t provided, looking back at the previous records set at Evo 2015 gives us an idea of how high the numbers have reached.

Last year, Ultra Street Fighter IV raised the bar with 2227 individual competitors, the largest collection of players the tournament had seen since its inception. The fact that it’s taken the community less than a week to surpass that number is incredible.

Street Fighter V is Already Breaking Registration Records at Evo 2016

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
Maybe you'll take it from him before me.

If you can't see how shytting on casuals is bad for this series, then I don't know what to tell you :manny:

Max isn't the arbiter of the FGC, just a dude with a Youtube. I'm sure of which I could find some random Youtuber who will counter whatever Max says because :manny: that's how opinion pieces work.

Focusing on this thread about SF being overrated though... You don't know what to tell me because you're just spouting our theories.

This thread is flooded with insight that you'll duck and dodge to continue this narrative.

Actually, this is just some SF5 didn't come on Xbox One so I'm mad bullshyt, isn't it? :snoop:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Im kinda :dahell: nikkas aint giving Tekken props though

They would still be hand drawing sprites if not for Tekken.

Breaughs. I remember in 94 my homie got the PSX demo disc with Tekken on it. Not even a playable version. Just the demo! Me and my lil bro would watch that shyt for hours. Tekken shytted on Virtua Fighter like Biggie shytted on that groupie's chest. That shyt changed the game brehs. It was even better when we actually got to play it.

Im bummed the SF/Tekken shyt didn't really work out. But it is what it is. In any case :aicmon: @ not giving SF its props. nikkas still watch SSF2T tournaments like the god damn Super Bowl.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Breaughs. I remember in 94 my homie got the PSX demo disc with Tekken on it. Not even a playable version. Just the demo! Me and my lil bro would watch that shyt for hours. Tekken shytted on Virtua Fighter like Biggie shytted on that groupie's chest. That shyt changed the game brehs. It was even better when we actually got to play it.

Im bummed the SF/Tekken shyt didn't really work out. But it is what it is. In any case :aicmon: @ not giving SF its props. nikkas still watch SSF2T tournaments like the god damn Super Bowl.

Oh I agree. When it comes to 3d fighting games Tekken is the GOAT. Street fighter has only just caught up with Tekken in that sense with Street Fighter 4 and 5.

As for the bolded, don't give up just yet :banderas:

This gives hope to Tekken vs Street Fighter :wow:

And SSF2T to me is the GOAT Street Fighter. It's great to watch being played on a high level.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Oh I agree. When it comes to 3d fighting games Tekken is the GOAT. Street fighter has only just caught up with Tekken in that sense with Street Fighter 4 and 5.

As for the bolded, don't give up just yet :banderas:

This gives hope to Tekken vs Street Fighter :wow:

And SSF2T to me is the GOAT Street Fighter. It's great to watch being played on a high level.

I havent played 4 and 5 yet.... cant afford a new system and I am an Xbox nikka now anyway (Forza all day)

Breh SSF2T in the hands of champions is like a completely different game. shyt is :mindblown: I get to reminiscing too. I remember reading all the GamePro guides and all that bullshyt. I cannot imagine how it was when SF2 came out in arcades and they didn't tell anyone any of the moves :what:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Been playing street fighter since 93 in the arcades
I'm pretty sure the series has changed a lot since back then....

the fundamentals are the same, I don't need the match to take a pause to be dropped into another stage on some comic book bullshyt...
If it ain't broke don' touch it or mess with it.

I mean I've read some outlandish stuff in my day, this kind of takes the cake, before that it was people trying to make it sound like Killer Instinct was actually relevant in the arcade. That's the game you would play when all the Capcom and SNK games lines were too damn long.

Daps
Reppin
Tha H

Yessir Virtua Fighter fell the fukk off after Tekken came out. Hell, Battle Arena Toshinden was better than Virtua Fighter.