The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps

I am cool on memorizing 10-button chain combos, and 10 special moves. It's too much. Then there are the all the different cancels to create combos.

I don't have time for that.

Then if I use any kind of strategy, I'm called a "spammer".

In modern day fighting games, the only acceptable strategy is a flashy rush-down, aggressive, and high risk playstyle.

What's wrong with zoning? what's wrong with Cable/storm/ and sentinel? What's wrong Old Sagat in SsF2t? Nothing.

Sf5V looks horrible to me because they made it some stupid rush-down game. SF4 brought back legitimate strategy, which I liked. There is no diversity of play style

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
meach is wrong about sf overall but right about 5
in 5 there's basically only online play and vs mode and the online is down.

Lets look on steam where most pc gamers get their games these days:
sf42012
like 40-ish characters
trials, arcade, vs, bonus modes (barrels, car), vs ai, online, cinematics, omega mode, training
$30

Sf5
after dlc somewhere between 16-20 characters (16 now more on the way)
vs mode, survival, online (doesn't really work), training
$60

If you aren't a hardcore gamer you'd look at this like :curtiswtf:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

sf42012
like 40-ish characters
trials, arcade, vs, bonus modes (barrels, car), vs ai, online, cinematics, omega mode, training
$30

Sf5
$60

Think hard about the factors and differences between comparing the two

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I am cool on memorizing 10-button chain combos, and 10 special moves. It's too much. Then there are the all the different cancels to create combos.

In modern day fighting games, the only acceptable strategy is a flashy rush-down, aggressive, and high risk playstyle.

What's wrong with zoning? what's wrong with Cable/storm/ and sentinel? What's wrong Old Sagat in SsF2t? Nothing.

Sf5V looks horrible to me because they made it some stupid rush-down game. SF4 brought back legitimate strategy, which I liked. There is no diversity of play style

There's zoning in V, it just ain't as cheesy as it once was.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

sf42012
like 40-ish characters
$30

Sf5
$60

I'm talking about how people will give SF a pass for this shyt, while other fighters like MK give you so much more.

I'm not trying to take anything away fro SF legacy.

I'm just saying that legacy makes people overrate what's on offer in SF in 2016

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
could you elaborate friend

Well first off, let's stop with the it doesn't have 40 characters nonsense. It's overwhelming. And that frightens off new players/casuals. Nobody will use half them. And it's too much to learn every match up. 16 characters is fine. 4 grapplers, 4 offensive, 4 defensive, 4 balanced. Each with varying difficulty in their category. And second, all DLC is free of you choose. With SF four, you are forced to buy the super, arcade, ultra edition if you wanted the new characters/mechanics/etc. That's basically 150 for that whole lifecycle. If you choose to, you won't have to pay a dime in V. In addition to updates that's free. People are just losing it over this shyt. I don't understand. Everything was laid out beforehand

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Baki the Grappler was hella underrated. It was better than a lot of japanese Animes that other people constantly dikkride.

:dahell: Are you...:troll:-ing me or did you just mistakenly quote me and post in the wrong thread or is there something else afoot?

EDIT

Oh ok, you just commenting on my avi. Ok. Yeah, I jah agree. Funny thing too, it's the precursor to a lot of the character designs in both Street Fighter and Fatal Fury/King of Fighters series.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps

sf42012
like 40-ish characters
$30

Sf5
$60

Agreed there's less, but you can't compare the roster sizes. SF4 launched with 16 in the arcades, and had 23 or something on console.

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL

I hate playing against people with your play style. It's not hard to beat it's just extremely boring to play against.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Agreed there's less, but you can't compare the roster sizes. SF4 launched with 16 in the arcades, and had 23 or something on console.
Nope. Launched with 20 on arcade 25 on console.

Mortal Komabat and all other $60 fighter since then have launched with a lot more content. There's really no excuse for how low on content SF5 is.

Even if SF5 launched with all the planned DLC it'd still have less content than SF4 or other modern fighters.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is grossly inaccurate

SF4???:dahell:

If by strategy you mean abusing option selects, walking forward without needing to block, backdashing because you can, and relying on a mechanic that rewards you for losing:pachaha:

Street Fighter 4 made everyone who plays fighting games worse at fighting games

People that started with SF4 are likely bad at fighting games and are just realizing it now

And Dhalsim, a true zoner, in SF5 is top 3 in the game at least