The Most Overrated Games In The History Vol.4: Street Fighter series

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Nope. Launched with 20 on arcade 25 on console.

Mortal Komabat and all other $60 fighter since then have launched with a lot more content. There's really no excuse for how low on content SF5 is.

Even if SF5 launched with all the planned DLC it'd still have less content than SF4 or other modern fighters.
The arcade version had 17 playable characters ( i forgot Akuma)

It doesn't really matter though. Quality > quantity, and SFV's characters are much more interesting and better balanced than SF4's initial roster.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
There's zoning in V, it just ain't as cheesy as it once was.

There's that attitude that I don't understand. What the hell is meant by cheesy?

Same dudes that would slam the arcade machine and call me a cheater because I used a command throw.

If the game allows for a tactic, it should be considered part of the game. Anyone who complains about "spamming" or "cheese" is a scrub to me. I don't care if you have won evo tournaments or not. You play competive games to win and not for any other reason.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
This is grossly inaccurate

SF4???:dahell:

If by strategy you mean abusing option selects, walking forward without needing to block, backdashing because you can, and relying on a mechanic that rewards you for losing:pachaha:

Street Fighter 4 made everyone who plays fighting games worse at fighting games

People that started with SF4 are likely bad at fighting games and are just realizing it now

And Dhalsim, a true zoner, in SF5 is top 3 in the game at least

Sf3 was the most casual friendly Street fighter. Mechanics like super cancels and parries were very easy to pull off, but anyone who used them would appear like a bad-asd skilled player. In reality, it was just a rush down guessing game where an ill placed footsie could lose the game.

SF2:hyper fighting is still the most skill-based Street fighter with Ssft2 being a close second. Sf4 was a step in the right direction.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
There's that attitude that I don't understand. What the hell is meant by cheesy?

Same dudes that would slam the arcade machine and call me a cheater because I used a command throw.

If the game allows for a tactic, it should be considered part of the game. Anyone who complains about "spamming" or "cheese" is a scrub to me. I don't care if you have won evo tournaments or not. You play competive games to win and not for any other reason.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from by that notion, for the most part and within this case for prime example. However, there have been plenty of tactics that the game designs of past games allowed that were complete shenanigans to say the least. At times, had characters even banned for it to say the most. Not that fireball "spam" is outright one of those things, just that in some cases, the matter of "zoning" was on some braindead, pure runaway steez that made for some match ups considerably less balanced and also, not too entertaining to watch either. V's whole game design was tailor suited to bypass most of that, per the word of their devs to begin with. It just is what it is duke. If you don't understand that...ah well.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sf3 was the most casual friendly Street fighter. Mechanics like super cancels and parries were very easy to pull off, but anyone who used them would appear like a bad-asd skilled player. In reality, it was just a rush down guessing game where an ill placed footsie could lose the game.

SF2:hyper fighting is still the most skill-based Street fighter with Ssft2 being a close second. Sf4 was a step in the right direction.
C'mon breh

SF4 is not only the most casual friendly SF, but is also one of the most training wheel laden fighting games ever made. There's an execution batrier at the highest levels, but it means little in a game where you're not required to think. The game's mechanic's allow you to play like an idiot with no consequential stakes

THINKING IS BAD IN SF4

SF3 is far more difficult than SF4 to play effectively, and I don't even like the shyt

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps

Zoning characters werent even that good in sf4 either :dahell:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Also Im tired of all these nikkas who played 4 for like 8 years now coming out saying it was braindead and trash. Put thousands of hours into a game you dont like brehs

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Also Im tired of all these nikkas who played 4 for like 8 years now coming out saying it was braindead and trash. Put thousands of hours into a game you dont like brehs

IV was cool while it lasted, but I grew tired of it after about 6 years. I had my fun with it. Just time to move on. It had its issues tho. shyt, every game does on some level 1nce you look back on it.

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Dude said Street Fighter 3 is casual. Credibility gone.

Really? How hard is it to parry in SF3? Parry is very easy to do, and it gives casuals a great sense of accomplishment because they can parry a fireball or even a super fireball. At the end of the end day however, partying breaks the fundementals of Street fighter gameplay. In a parry-less version of SF3, characters like Ryu, Nero, Urien and Remy would be much more dangerous.

Also, the strongest character in SF3:3S was ken who is a casual's favorite.

Casuals weren't turned off by SF3 because of its complexity. They didn't like the characters. It wasn't as flashy or frantic as X-men vs Street fighter or MvsSF, which were huge games at the time. All the fighting games in the arcades, at that time, were about chain combos, air combos and super moves that looked Dragon Ball z attacks.

Street fighter 3 was very different at the time. It had a darker feel, and an all new cast. I remember playing SF3 on the first day of its release. Nobody liked it, and nobody like second impact either. It didn't really catch-on until 1999 when SF3:3s was released. Sf3:3S was actually much easier to play, and the infinites like Hugo's were taken out. Also, ultra powerful characters like Sean and Ibuki severely nerfed. The casual's favorites like Ryu, Ken were given buffs and they brought back more casual favs like akuma and chun li.

Sf3:3S was the casualized version of SF3, and it was hit. It wasn't anymore deep the SF3:NG or SF3:2I. They made it more accessible to casuals by toning characters like Sean or Hugo who could rape life bars with one opening, and they made the parry very easy to pull-off. Wasn't it SF3:3s that first implemented combo damage limits?